Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)

Can you workout after having a tattoo done???

Not sure where to put this question, but is there any expert advice that it is fine to workout after getting a tattoo done? My workouts are grueling and intense, I sweat like a pig on fire lol.....
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

Antisthenes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by saint sinner x View Post
    Not sure where to put this question, but is there any expert advice that it is fine to workout after getting a tattoo done? My workouts are grueling and intense, I sweat like a pig on fire lol.....
    I was told so long as you don't have a wet shirt sitting on it for prolonged periods of time you're fine. I worked out after getting a tattoo on my left shoulder without any ill-effect, just used a sleeveless shirt or tanktop and dabbed off the sweat if it got too bad.

-Antisthenes

Reaper303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm sure you could workout still. Just have to change shirt every so often and dab of the sweat. If not all the sweat and the shirt will peel off the scabbing and wont allow the tattoo to heal properly and you would have to go get it touched up.

QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Placement is the only concern. As long as you have nothing rubbing against the tattoo and causing it to become irritated you'll be fine. As for sweating, no big deal, just make sure NOT to wipe it but rather pat the area dry when cooling down.
    "Nobody's a natural! You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better. It's hard to stay on top"!

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes you can, i worked out 3 times so far on the days i got a tat done / or some ink work, just don't get all sweaty and ****

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Where is the tattoo?

But really shouldn't be a problem, if you get really sweaty just dab the tat don't wipe it so you don't scratch off any of the skin. BTW if your artist was good you shouldn't have scabs on your tattoo.

mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mjlindne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sweating isn't even close to as bad for it as rubbing. if it's like on your back, you don't want to be laying on a bench. and you don't want to do anything that can stretch it either.

saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    Where is the tattoo?

But really shouldn't be a problem, if you get really sweaty just dab the tat don't wipe it so you don't scratch off any of the skin. BTW if your artist was good you shouldn't have scabs on your tattoo.
    right forearm above my wrist
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I didn't have a problem working out after I first got tattooed, but then again my tattoo was on my ribs. Just keep it dry, clean, and avoid friction.
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128207401

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

"You went full Crossfit man. Never go full Crossfit." - Burningnun

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should be right man, lol it's a tat.. it won't smudge and it wont stretch unless you lose or put on weight like some deformity

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OK I wouldn't worry about just work out and don't rub it.

The thing about getting it wet is more about soaking it anyway, like in the tub or pool.

good luck

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol, you'll have no problem working out, then.
    Just make sure you clean up real good and put lotion & whatnot on it as soon as you're done at the gym.
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

Reaper303 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    Where is the tattoo?

Not so much on the artist, its more on the individual and how well they take care of it

MGoin04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by theshoupguy View Post
    Lol, you'll have no problem working out, then.
    Just make sure you clean up real good and put lotion & whatnot on it as soon as you're done at the gym.
    what if I just got one on my chest, do you think pushups and running would bother it too much?

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MGoin04 View Post
    what if I just got one on my chest, do you think pushups and running would bother it too much?
    I got 2 on my chest last year in 4 sessions, I was in the gym the next day. I followed the artists directions and used an antibacterial ointment for 2-3 days and just lotion after that. I did make sure my shirt was loose enough for comfort.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scdiver2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is nothing wrong with working out with a new tattoo. The only concerns are as follows:

1) pressing the tattoo on something like a bench or a barbell if doing squats and the tattoo is on your back

2) making sure the equipment you use is sanitized, dont want the tattoo getting infected

3) wash it immediately when you get done working out

Sweating has no effect on the tattoo after 12- 24 hours. A lot of people will say tht sweating will push the ink out of your skin. If the ink is going to be pushed out, there is nothing you can do to prevent that. your body just doesnt want that ink. To say a good atist will cause you not to scab over is ludacrious. It is the individual, not the artist, that will determine if you scab over or not. Just do what you did for your other tattoos, assuming this isnt your first one, and you will be fine.

JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would just be nervous of Staph infection if the tat is a little deep and not healed well.

Registered User PrinceAesthetic's Avatar
    PrinceAesthetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First time poster on BB.com
    I'm getting a half sleeve from shoulder to elbow soon. Will it be ok to workout? Not so much the pain, of it stretching. I just don't want it to ruin the work

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by PrinceAesthetic View Post
    First time poster on BB.com
    I'm getting a half sleeve from shoulder to elbow soon. Will it be ok to workout? Not so much the pain, of it stretching. I just don't want it to ruin the work
    Maybe ask the artist doing the ink?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

dellisellis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm actually concerned about it aslo, getting a half sleeve done on my left arm while I'm on my 2 week RnR from Afghanistan, but I don't really want to take a break from lifting. But I figure I should be alright if I don't wear my gloves to work out right? Since I won't have any wrist support, i can jsut lift light with high reps to keep myself in it, should have to worry about messing up the ink or hurtin my wrists.... or am I just way way WAY off? Please, any advice will help, only been lifting for 7 months, still kind of a beginner..

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by dellisellis View Post
    should have to worry about messing up the ink..
    Ask the ARTIST
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Andre516 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andre516 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andre516 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Maybe ask the artist doing the ink?
    I got my chest done today will benching or doing delt **** it up??

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Andre516 View Post
    I got my chest done today will benching or doing delt **** it up??
    I think the advice from two years ago still holds true today. Ask the tattoo artist.
    Stern Crew

iceman2435 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just got my half sleeve done two days ago. Im thinking about doing some legs. Is that a smart idea or bad?

darlenet007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wolfbaden6 View Post
    I didn't have a problem working out after I first got tattooed, but then again my tattoo was on my ribs. Just keep it dry, clean, and avoid friction.
    yeah I got a rib tat and keep a soft cloth with me on the stairmaster and carefully dab every few minutes. it is fine.

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a dozen tattoos and never had any problems working out that day or throughout the following week.
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pottro563 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Training with fresh tattoos is fine. Wipe equipment prior to use and don't make direct contact with healing area. So If you get a tattoo on your should low bar squats should be avoided. Just be sanitary and use common sense.

dlozano23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Antisthenes View Post
    I was told so long as you don't have a wet shirt sitting on it for prolonged periods of time you're fine. I worked out after getting a tattoo on my left shoulder without any ill-effect, just used a sleeveless shirt or tanktop and dabbed off the sweat if it got too bad.

-Antisthenes
    I just got my tat yesterday. and I wanna run but with my sweat suit or jackets on. the tat is on my left shoulder to my elbow any help on what I should do??

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got inked again over the weekend and have worked out twice since. Ive never have had any problems working out after getting inked.
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Britanica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends on where you just had it done. You don't want to allow sweat/salt to accumulate over it. Just make sure you use some ointment to protect it and you should be fine. Just don't do too much the first week. Most tattoos take 6 to 10 days to completely heal (with proper care).