Justadude23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do YOU know what you're talking about?

Hi, I'm 336lbs and I'm 24. I'm wanting to change my life around. My goal is to eventually have a body like ryan reynolds had in blade trinity. Now I know this will take a long time but I know I can to it. I want a healthy life and I want to look good. What I'm wanting to know is how to get that type of body. Is there anyway to work at that body while still losing weight or will it just make me bulky. What do I need to eat how much and what exercises should I do? I can work out at a gym for up to 5 days a week 2 hours a day. Plus, I walk about 10-12 miles at my job 4 days a week. Any help would be great. I'd like to hear from someone who knows what they're talking about and it seems like this is the place. If I get advice I'd be glad to update everyone on my progress.

Thanks

EDIT: I'm also looking to become vegetarian. Is there anyway to reach my goal if I was?
    Last edited by Justadude23; 07-16-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Justadude23 View Post
    EDIT: I'm also looking to become vegetarian.
    thats the craziest thing ive ever heard.
    WWhyy??
    Advice I do have.
    =[][][]=== B I G xxx P O P P A xxx P U M P ===[][][]=

If The Bar Aint Bendin, Your Just Pretendin

Justadude23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Because I don't like the idea of something having to die for me to eat. Especially, when there are many alternatives. I heard quinoa is a very good source of protein so I was thinking of using that. If anyone has any real advice. Speak up and help a dude change his life around.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Do you object to whey (cows milk sourced)?

If so, you could always try gemma (pea protein), if not get milk protein (it has both whey and casein in it). This is a natural blend of fast and slow acting proteins and will help make you feel full on a low calorie diet.

Apart from that, read the sticky in the fat loss section...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Here, I have linked it for you:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113693871

This guy wave_length knows his stuff - another eye opening thread of his:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117483821

Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Plants have to die to have a salad
    haha just playin...
    =[][][]=== B I G xxx P O P P A xxx P U M P ===[][][]=

If The Bar Aint Bendin, Your Just Pretendin

Unofficial Site Chaplain merkong's Avatar
    merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Because I don't like the idea of something having to die for me to eat.
    The sissy forum is down the street... Can I have your woman? You weiner...
    1/3/09 bench press 1rm 300#
    1/3/10 bench press 1rm 315#

I don't lift like ^^that^^ anymore...

Just lifting because I love it and trying to lead by example with my 3 elite athlete kids; Amanda on the Varsity Dance Team, Zack playing lacrosse on an elite level and starring on our 8th grade football team and fast becoming a golf prodigy and Kitty excelling at the grade school level on the track, soccer field and basketball court.

Registered User WeightGain_4000's Avatar
    WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WeightGain_4000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by merkong View Post
    The sissy forum is down the street... Can I have your woman? You weiner...
    lulz

Originally Posted by WeightGain_4000 View Post
    Mmmmm, delicious toucan!
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Unofficial Site Chaplain merkong's Avatar
    merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Toucan done right is good... But nothing beats dolphin salad...
    1/3/09 bench press 1rm 300#
    1/3/10 bench press 1rm 315#

I don't lift like ^^that^^ anymore...

Just lifting because I love it and trying to lead by example with my 3 elite athlete kids; Amanda on the Varsity Dance Team, Zack playing lacrosse on an elite level and starring on our 8th grade football team and fast becoming a golf prodigy and Kitty excelling at the grade school level on the track, soccer field and basketball court.

Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi, I'm 336lbs and I'm 24. I'm wanting to change my life around. My goal is to eventually have a body like ryan reynolds had in blade trinity. Now I know this will take a long time but I know I can to it. I want a healthy life and I want to look good. What I'm wanting to know is how to get that type of body. Is there anyway to work at that body while still losing weight or will it just make me bulky. What do I need to eat how much and what exercises should I do? I can work out at a gym for up to 5 days a week 2 hours a day. Plus, I walk about 10-12 miles at my job 4 days a week. Any help would be great. I'd like to hear from someone who knows what they're talking about and it seems like this is the place. If I get advice I'd be glad to update everyone on my progress.
    First of all, you have to accept that losing weight is rather simple and as a 336-pound beginner exactly what you do isn't nearly as important as that you just do something (as long as it's safe). I said that losing weight is simple, but I didn't say it is easy. It also is far from impossible - it's simply a matter of sticking to a reduced calorie diet and moving (i.e. exercising, but it doesn't necessarily have to be "formal" exercise).

Years ago, when I was 18-19, I lost about 170 pounds of fat by following some very simple rules - I reduced my calories and I walked every day and lifted weights three times a week. I knew next to nothing about how many carbs I *should* have eaten or anything of the sort. I simply counted my calories and tried to get as much protein as I could within my calorie allotment (though not deliberately following a low-carb or low-fat diet). I walked to and from university every day instead of taking the bus (about 20-30 minutes each way) and took the stairs instead of the elevator. Three nights a week I lifted weights for about an hour on those old York courses that came with department store barbell sets.

Since then (almost 20 years) I've gone through serious Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Olympic Weightlifting phases, took a fare amount of formal and personal education on biochemistry and nutrition and read almost every significant diet book published in the past 100 years (along with many, many research articles). I can tell you this with 1000% percent certainty: What matters most is calories in and calories out. Eat less and exercise more - it really is as simple as that.

Yes, low-carb diets have been shown to be somewhat more effective at reducing abdominal fat in the short term (in the long term all diets of equal caloric content produce similar results). But the effect is moderate for someone of your body weight (and I assume pretty obese) and not nearly as important as simply finding a diet you can stick to and be fairly comfortable with (you won't be truly comfortable on any "diet" but you try to pick the approach most tolerable to you). The more sophisticated diets may have a place for lean individuals trying to get even leaner, but for you they're irrelevant.

As for training, when it comes to weight loss, "just doing it" is more important than what particular form of exercise you choose (assuming it doesn't put you at risk of injury). If you like walking then do that, if you like cycling then do that ...just do something.

As for weight training, work your entire body three times a week for now (http://www.weightrainer.net/training/beginners.html). You can worry about more "sophisticated" forms of training after you've lost the weight. And even then more "sophisticated" is not necessarily better, in fact, it's usually the opposite.

Your biggest allies will be your will-power and motivation. Without these you will fail and everything else is irrelevant. If you lose your motivation, you lose your will, and then you lose the battle. It's as simple as that. When I was 18 I knew I'd never get laid again if I didn't lose weight (at least not with anyone I'd actually want to do it with), so that was a great source of motivation. I also knew that no one would respect me if I didn't respect myself and I couldn't do that while continuing to abuse my body and being too mentally weak to do anything about it. Eventually I molded myself into a reasonably appealing package and had no problems with the ladies I set my eye on (well a few bumps here and there, but overall I did pretty good ). I also realized that my chances of career success were pretty low as a fat slob and I had no intention of being a failure in that regard either. I ended up with a PhD, a high paying job, and married to the prettiest and nicest girl I've ever seen. If I'd have stayed fat, I'm willing to bet that none of that would have happened. I don't know your motivations, but at 18-19 those were mine, and they were pretty damn good ones. Weight training gave me a life, but I only took out of it what I put into it.

Keep your eye on the goal and understand that people before you have done what you are attempting to do and they were no "better" than you. There are no "secrets", just consistent control of your food intake and activity. Trust me, if there were "secrets" I would have found them in the past twenty years of researching, training, competing and hobnobbing with some of physical cultures top athletes - there are none (at least not in comparison to the importance of the "fundamentals" I've written above). And keep in mind that no matter how slim you might think your chances of success are sometimes when you're feeling down, your chances are zero if you quit.