khana87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Turning fat into muscle but not losing weight?

I started working out religiously about 2 months ago. I current weight is 235 lbs at a height of 6 feet. I had a personal trainer for about a month, which helped me jump start my work out. I started at 240 lbs with 23% body fat, now i am at 18.5% body fat but i have only lost 5 lbs. I work out 5-6 times a weight with a pretty intense workout that my trainer put together for me. I rotate between upper body and lower body. For cardio i consistantly do 30 minute after every work out.

my diet has gotten a lot better then when i started. No more fast food and fried foods. I try to eat at healthy as i can. Although, I do eat alot of traditional foods, therefore counting calories is really hard. But my portions have significantly dropped. I start my day with a protien shake and also pound one down after work outs.

I recently started taking VYPER.

Im not sure what i am doing wrong or what i could be doing better to reach my weight goal of around 200-210. What do you guys recommend?

thanks in advance,
    khan

TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't turn fat into muscle.

formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheDirtyCat View Post
    I disagree... sort of.

Fat is stored energy, thats all it is. You can metabolize the fat and use it for energy as your body needs it. This is turn will supply with you with the energy you need to lift weights and build muscle.

You answered your own question. You dont have to count calories, but you do need to know how many calories you're eating.... let me explain.

If you know you need 2200 calories a day to be at a deficit to effectively lose weight, then plan on five 400 calorie meals plus 1 or 2 snacks (100 or 200 calories)

Next get your meals lined up in advance so you dont have to count every calorie. You make the meal, you already know how many calories it has, you eat it. now just eat all your meals each day. get creative, have some fun with it. Have a variety of meals that all equal the roughly the same number of calories.

Good luck
    FF14
    This above all, to thine own self be true.
    -Shakespeare

www.twitter.com/fitnesschef

khana87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheDirtyCat View Post
    what i meant to say was that i have lost fat and gained muscle at about the same rate.

Originally Posted by formerfatty14 View Post
    I disagree... sort of.

Fat is stored energy, thats all it is. You can metabolize the fat and use it for energy as your body needs it. This is turn will supply with you with the energy you need to lift weights and build muscle.

You answered your own question. You dont have to count calories, but you do need to know how many calories you're eating.... let me explain.

If you know you need 2200 calories a day to be at a deficit to effectively lose weight, then plan on five 400 calorie meals plus 1 or 2 snacks (100 or 200 calories)

Next get your meals lined up in advance so you dont have to count every calorie. You make the meal, you already know how many calories it has, you eat it. now just eat all your meals each day. get creative, have some fun with it. Have a variety of meals that all equal the roughly the same number of calories.

Good luck
    FF14
    The hardest part of my losing weight is my food intake... its not so much how much i eat but, its really hard to count calories on what i do eat (since i meantioned that i eat alot of traditional foods)...

what are some foods that are healthy and easy to make, as i really dont know how to cook and everything...

a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Muscle weighs 1.5 times as much as fat. So you can offset the scale by lifting and losing fat. Eventually it will catch up and the number will start going down.

formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What do you mean by traditional foods?

Canned Beans, boiled chicken breast (stores well, heats up in the micro easy)

frozen veggies in the bag (again micro, simple)

Eggs

Heck there are all kinds of foods that are simple to heat and eat.

Search the internet for low GI foods. Eat off that list (and only that list) for a few weeks and see if it helps. I know a lot of people that have drop huge body fat amounts using the GI.

A lot of foods to choose from too... just not fast food or pizza or crap like that
    Peace
    FF14
    -Shakespeare

Originally Posted by a_miller_76 View Post
    Muscle weighs 1.5 times as much as fat. So you can offset the scale by lifting and losing fat. Eventually it will catch up and the number will start going down.
    Layfette? You must be a Boiler Maker!

I grew up in NW Indiana
    -Shakespeare

illiniguy09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illiniguy09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illiniguy09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illiniguy09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry about the scale. If you've dropped 4.5% bodyfat, then what you are doing is working.