peaceful2150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Peaceful's Workout Routine please critique

Hey everyone, i have been on and off these forums for a while now simply because i have not been very consistent with my weight training lately, around the age of 18 i was truly dedicated and achieved some really impressive gains but stopped for personal reasons.

I'm now 21 soon 22 this month and wanted to start getting back into shape, for the last 2 months i started out doing body weight exercises to get myself back into the feel of exercise which i feel was great because i feel a lot stronger for it and now i ready to add free weights into the mix.

Before i go on and show you my workout i would like to say i really want to keep doing body weight exercises because i feel the strength i gained doing them was really amazing.

Here is what i came up with please bear in mind i am trying to achieve strength & size, right now i have designed a 3 day a week full body workout but was also thinking of doing a upper lower split routine.

Bench Press 3 x 10
    Push ups 3 x 20
    Triceps Extensions 3 x 10
    Triceps Dips 3 x 20
    Dumbbell Rows 3 x 10
    Chin-ups 3 x 15
    Squats 3 x 12
    Calf Raises 3 x 12
    Dead lifts 3 x 12
    Sit-ups 3 x 15

I also cycle almost everyday mostly uphill to work.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You are missing a verticle push and overall in it quite uneven. Even it out. If you want size and strength you should vary the set rep scheme between the two. 3-4 sets x 4-6 reps and 3-4 x 8-12

peaceful2150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    You are missing a verticle push and overall in it quite uneven. Even it out. If you want size and strength you should vary the set rep scheme between the two. 3-4 sets x 4-6 reps and 3-4 x 8-12
    yeah i was told i should do military press, i had never thought about varying rep schemes ill try it and see where it takes me. thanks for the help.