View Poll Results: When do you reckon is the best age for males to get married?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20-25

8 9.09%
  • 25-30

31 35.23%
  • 30-35

43 48.86%
  • 40-45

6 6.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    When you find the right person. And the chances of that are slim to none, especially as we get older *sigh*.
    Overweight and arrogant

markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by reemas View Post
    Just wondering what is the best age to get married for males...Personally I believe anything from 30 above.
    Im inclined to agree. I really wasnt mature until I was at least 27.

bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I got married at 25 to my college sweetheart. We dates for 5 years before we got married and then were married for 5 years before we had kids. We are still happily married despite all of life's many complications. We have always worked at our marriage. We took on the philosophy early that there are 3 members in this relationship, her, me, and us. Each needs to have dedicated time.

Also, we don't agree that marriage is about compromise. That indicates that someone needs to give up something for the other. We feel marriage is about finding the best solution. I know this is a subtle difference, but it is one we really take seriously.
    "One who sees the inaction that is in action, and the action that is an inaction, is wise indeed."

-- The Bhgagavad Gita

is here to fuk sh!t up! steeperdolphin's Avatar
    steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) steeperdolphin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bayou_piper View Post
    I got married at 25 to my college sweetheart. We dates for 5 years before we got married and then were married for 5 years before we had kids. We are still happily married despite all of life's many complications. We have always worked at our marriage. We took on the philosophy early that there are 3 members in this relationship, her, me, and us. Each needs to have dedicated time.

Also, we don't agree that marriage is about compromise. That indicates that someone needs to give up something for the other. We feel marriage is about finding the best solution. I know this is a subtle difference, but it is one we really take seriously.
    Wow rub it in why dont'cha!

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Which time? Just sayin'............
    Haha...reminds me of the story of the guy walking down the road with a friend, sees a really nice looking young lady and says "She looks like my second wife." His friend asks "How many times have you been married?" to which he responds "Just once so far."

But I got married at 24, my wife was 21 at the time. We are still happily married.
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bamma View Post
    Haha...reminds me of the story of the guy walking down the road with a friend, sees a really nice looking young lady and says "She looks like my second wife." His friend asks "How many times have you been married?" to which he responds "Just once so far."
    Yep, heard it before .

Originally Posted by Bamma View Post
    But I got married at 24, my wife was 21 at the time. We are still happily married.
    I invite you to look back through the 3 pages here. Most of the "heartfelt" and sincere "We're still in love" is coming all from guys in their 30's. Trust me when I tell you that this is not a coincidence . You have a long path to travel, and you will learn...that you keep learning along the way. And please don't misunderstand me; I'm not bashing marriage, but I am telling you that probably at least 7 out of 10 guys your age will not share the same feelings they express now when they reach their 40's or 50's.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by reemas View Post
    Just wondering what is the best age to get married for males...
    immediately after your local divorce laws are amended to stop punishing men

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When the rich one has one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel.

blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rhinoclan View Post
    When the rich one has one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel.
    Hey great idea- keep it in mind

Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bamma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Yep, heard it before .

I invite you to look back through the 3 pages here. Most of the "heartfelt" and sincere "We're still in love" is coming all from guys in their 30's. Trust me when I tell you that this is not a coincidence . You have a long path to travel, and you will learn...that you keep learning along the way. And please don't misunderstand me; I'm not bashing marriage, but I am telling you that probably at least 7 out of 10 guys your age will not share the same feelings they express now when they reach their 40's or 50's.
    This reminds me of another joke. Why do most men die before their wives? Because they want to!
    Roll Tide

Consciousness: The annoying time between naps.

I wouldn't touch the metric system with a 3.048m pole.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Forever cutting..... Blake Austin's Avatar
    Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000) Blake Austin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm still single, never been married. But that's because I'm selfish and stubborn and set in my ways. haha

I just immensely like doing what I want, when I want, whenever I want, and with whomever I want. Life is too easy and good for me this way.

I may change one day. I may not. It's the last thing I'm worried about.
    ~I'm an egomaniac with a inferiority complex...

~I love this crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic,
    awful, beautiful life.........

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "never" is my choice. i don't see the point of it. if you love someone who the hell needs a piece of paper to make it official.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blu2xtreme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    "never" is my choice. i don't see the point of it. if you love someone who the hell needs a piece of paper to make it official.
    That's what my husband said - I should of listened to him - that piece of paper seemed to change us both - and not in a good way.

markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    Tax and legal reasons.

You can be with your life partner, if he/she enters the hospital his/her parents have the final say over the health care your partner receives...not you. In fact, you wont be allowed to see your partner.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    My friends in their mid to late 30s both male and female who are single are finding it difficult to find a life partner despite several of both sexes being really keen to settle down as they want kids.

It seems that the common problem with both genders is that they have grown quite independent in their 30s and are less able to compromise.
    I think this is very true.

There was a trainer here Down Under saying that of all the people he's seen take up physical training for the first time after 40, not one was still doing it 12 months later. The old habits were just too ingrained.

People get accustomed to living a certain way day-to-day. Compromising with someone else? Screw that! When I was dating many different women in my late 20s, I found that already by that age many women were quite uncompromising - if it wasn't love (or rather, overpowering lust leading immediately to bed) at first sight, they just weren't interested in a second date.

There's also this silly idea floating around that you need to be "mature" to marry. The idea here is that maturity is like legal majority - you're immature one day, and completely mature the next. The truth is that maturing is a continuous process. 80 year olds talk about foolish young 50 year olds. With that in mind, a committed intimate relationship isn't something you do when you're mature, but as part of maturing.

All that day-to-day living together, arguing and compromising and being patient and loving despite feeling crappy, the ups and downs - if you don't just walk away at the first sign of trouble, all that is going to mature you no end.

What age should a man marry? At whatever age he finds a good woman.

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get a dog, maybe two...
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam greyhair's Avatar
    greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Alphalfa View Post
    I'm 35-, but I'll take a stab at this...

I'm going to say that age is irrelevant. You have to have the mental maturity and meet the right person. For some, this will happen sooner...for others, it may never happen.
    x2

For me, I was married at 22 years, 9 months, and have remained so with Mrs G for over 30 years.
    I wouldn't trade a minute of those years for anything.
    Marrying young is not a curse, if you choose wisely.
    As has been said before, choose poorly and it is a problem at any age.
    But those who fight for right must remember St. Augustine's sage words,
    "right is right even if no one is doing it...and wrong is wrong even if every one is doing it!"
    -----------
    Got Causality?
    -----------
    God, Duty, Honour, Country

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Tax and legal reasons.

You can be with your life partner, if he/she enters the hospital his/her parents have the final say over the health care your partner receives...not you. In fact, you wont be allowed to see your partner.
    actually no, here in ca you can sign your durable power of attorney over to your mate. my friend did it not too long ago; i was his witness. when i had surgery i signed mine over to my boyfriend. when he died true that his family had to take care of his final arrangements because i was not his wife. i have my own job, own healthcare...basically i do my own thing. i want someone who is equal there, equal in earning capacity, his own benefits, etc. filing taxes separately is ok by me since i am head of household, single parent, i get more back that way. when i was married i noticed there was little if any tax benefit to our union. and yes, being married does change people and often not for the better. people become complacent, stop trying and let themselves get out of shape (some not all). why? because you know that little piece of paper changed the relationship, and that paper basically means you got that other person lock, stock and barrel, so why try like you did when you were just dating? they're not going anywhere. oops other than when they cheat at around year 7. why? boredom, maybe the other partner changed, they grew apart, or just grew (fatter). and if that was to happen if you are just living together, you can leave without a messy divorce, etc. i dunno. the whole marriage idea turns me off. that's me tho - all the rest of you pro-marriage people: rock on!
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000)
    THE THREE RINGS OF MARRIAGE:

1) The Engagement Ring

2) The Wedding Ring

3) The Suffering

MULLY
    Carpe Diem, BABY

bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say 31. Hopefully you've been through a few relationships and settled down some by then.
    ◊–◊–◊–◊-Cut Like Diamonds by June Crew–◊–◊–◊–◊
    Old school workouts, weight lifting. Believer in Iron. Following Arnold's teachings and principles.

=Anxiety Crew=

Must Read: Encyclopedia of Body Building by Arnold. "Bodybuilding is the best sport." Arnold

bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigt405 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DaddyR View Post
    When you find the right person.
    For me that was at 18. I would not advise anyone to get married that young, but it was the best move I ever made. I have been married now for 21 years. It all depends on finding the person your are ment to be with and not letting them get away.
    Truth is heavy, so few men carry it.

reemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reemas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My bad that I forgot to put 35-40 and never as an option. I personally find the never option a bit selfish but at the same time I know I'm selfish too...

IMHO marriage is like the cherry on the icing cuz imo its just a formality as they it is a written piece of paper. The ideal situtation would be for my future girl/wife to already be pregnant (maybe in her 7/8th month at the wedding altar)...gives me the impression of the whole marriage package coming together lol.

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    There is no age. It's when the time is right for the both of you. If one were to need to ask or think about it. Then they are not ready, lol.. Just saying. A marriage can go south at any age.
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - β˜…cVcβ˜…

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Fiend_73 View Post
    The OP isn't the only one looking for some good answers in here gentlemen, I've never been married and that time is fast approaching. How about showing some serious replies and I'll have no problem repping you for your time, please.
    Personally, I say NOBODY should get married until they are at least 25. Even that is highly suspect. You change a lot during your twenties - in terms of your outlook on life and your overall view of what you want. Everyone is different, but I would say that most people haven't exhausted that rapid change process until they are around 30 or so.

I think it also depends on what you did after high school. If you went right into the workforce, that forces you to settle down and get with the "long term reality program". So by 25-27 you might have lost the party attitude and gotten real. If you went to college, then I'd say give yourself at least 5 years post-college to get your life settled down into a real groove and then decide.

In Vox's world there would be a few laws:

1. It is illegal to marry before you are 25.

2. The first time you are married, it is for a set period of 5 years. After that, you can either walk away or make it permanent. (This would also help people "stick it out" and get through some rough spots instead of bailing immediately, knowing it's only for 5 years).

3. Both people must have held down a job for at least 3 years (to prove responsibility, stability, and to help ensure they aren't going to go straight to welfare).

Those are the only "laws", but some other thought starters:

1. If you've had a suspended license in the last 3 years, are you responsible enough for marriage?

2. Do you enjoy hanging out with your girl? If not, forget it.

3. Are either of you the jealous type? If so, forget it.

4. Are you both on the same page relative to kids? If you don't know, forget it.

5. Are either of you totally irresponsible with money? If so, think long and hard.

Well, that's my best advice and $0.02. Marriage is great, but only if you do it right.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.