lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

any anti milk ppl here?

I recently started eating a lot of fat free cottage cheese, around a quart a day...
    i believe though that it was bloating me to no end, i would look great one day and the next day be absolutely crushed at all the "fat gain" that occured on my slow clean bulk.

yeah, of course that isnt fat, but screw it because it sure looks that day.
    the worst gas ever would follow, to the point where it was just plain embarrassing, not to mention the bad runny bowels etc.

years and years ago i was told about notmilk.com but always am wary about people who are trying to cram their viewpoint down my throat.

further investigation led me to learn that I was actually not able to use my own mothers breast milk as a baby and needed simulac (replacement formula)

My father is pretty badly lactose intolerant, and i am thinking that if i cut almost all dairy out i may feel better.

but what is the real deal with all the anti milk stuff out there? is anything founded on facts or just speculation and such?

opinions?

reading this write up:
    http://josquin.tripod.com/milk.htm

this took me for a loop, which is making me wonder seeing as i have always had a paper thin stomach to start with. is any of this stuff TRUE?

The mucus created by dairy products causes other problems as well. It is well-known that dairy products cause excessive mucus in the lungs, sinuses and intestines. Dr. Ellis notes this excess mucus in the breathing passages contributes to many respiratory problems and that mucus hardens to form a coating on the inner wall of the intestines that leads to poor absorption of nutrients, which can cause chronic fatigue.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    clearly, if you have intolerances/allergies, then don't consume the offending products. that's not the same as declaring said products are unsuited for everyone.

if you want to do more research, i'd suggest finding unbiased sources
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Clearly I was asking if there is anything founded to said studies.

So I would take your reply as no ;-)
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    Clearly I was asking if there is anything founded to said studies.

So I would take your reply as no ;-)
    well, if the author in the quote you posted says that it is 'well-known' that dairy causes excessive mucus in the lungs, why don't you ask him to verify HIS claim?

http://www.jacn.org/content/24/suppl_6/547S.full

Milk Consumption Does Not Lead to Mucus Production or Occurrence of Asthma

Brunello Wüthrich, MD,
    Alexandra Schmid,
    Barbara Walther, PhD and
    Robert Sieber, PhD

+ Author Affiliations

Allergy Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital (B.W.), Zurich
    Agroscope Liebefeld-Posieux, Swiss Federal Research Station for Animal Production and Dairy Products (ALP) (A.S., B.W., R.S.), Berne, SWITZERLAND

Address reprint requests to: Dr. Robert Sieber, Agroscope Liebefeld-Posieux, Swiss Federal Research Station for Animal Production and Dairy Products (ALP), Liebefeld, CH-3003 Berne, SWITZERLAND. E-mail: robert.sieber@alp.admin.ch

Next Section
    Abstract

There is a belief among some members of the public that the consumption of milk and dairy products increases the production of mucus in the respiratory system. Therefore, some who believe in this effect renounce drinking milk. According to Australian studies, subjects perceived some parameters of mucus production to change after consumption of milk and soy-based beverages, but these effects were not specific to cows’ milk because the soy-based milk drink with similar sensory characteristics produced the same changes. In individuals inoculated with the common cold virus, milk intake was not associated with increased nasal secretions, symptoms of cough, nose symptoms or congestion. Nevertheless, individuals who believe in the mucus and milk theory report more respiratory symptoms after drinking milk. In some types of alternative medicine, people with bronchial asthma, a chronic inflammatory disease of the lower respiratory tract, are advised not to eat so-called mucus-forming foods, especially all kinds of dairy products. According to different investigations the consumption of milk does not seem to exacerbate the symptoms of asthma and a relationship between milk consumption and the occurrence of asthma cannot be established. However, there are a few cases documented in which people with a cow’s milk allergy presented with asthma-like symptoms.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I call bogus. This site does not accept money to remain unbiased and milk is listed as one of the world's healthiest foods http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...spice&dbid=130

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'd only be anti milk if i were lactose intolerant or allergic to milk, and then my anti-ness would be specific to me and not a generalization, but since i'm not, nope, very pro milk here.

HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) HiddenStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    i'd only be anti milk if i were lactose intolerant or allergic to milk, and then my anti-ness would be specific to me and not a generalization, but since i'm not, nope, very pro milk here.
    I'm pro-milk and even people who suffer from lactose intolerance can drink it as long as they take a lactase enzyme supplement to help digest it.