Dean35UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dean35UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

FID Bench to go with Body Solid Power Rack (with Lat Attachment)

Hey all,

I am first time poster, but hoping to become a regular to the community.

My first post is in relation to recommendations for a FID bench for use in a rack.

So far I have found the Body Solid GFID31 and BodyCraft F320 (with various threads on here). Does anyone have any additional views on these two, and even more important any other/better recommendations? Money wise, happy to go upto £400 (pound) mark.

Stay safe and thanks.

Dean

Dean35UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dean35UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As an aside here is an overview of my current set up.
    Attached Images

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless you have really long legs, you'll probably find the FID31 to be a bit too tall at 22". How tall is your current bench?
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ironmaster and BodyCraft are the two that fit inside rack properly for incline press.
    IM is more versatile with a lot of attachments and perhaps better overall build quality. I owned BS GFID31 at some point, dealing with that behemoth was a hassle, too heavy and bulky for limited space home gym.
    Originally Posted by Dean35UK View Post
    Hey all,

I am first time poster, but hoping to become a regular to the community.

My first post is in relation to recommendations for a FID bench for use in a rack.

So far I have found the Body Solid GFID31 and BodyCraft F320 (with various threads on here). Does anyone have any additional views on these two, and even more important any other/better recommendations? Money wise, happy to go upto £400 (pound) mark.

Stay safe and thanks.

Dean

zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50) zalcrux will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down Bodycraft F320

As an owner of the Bodycraft F320, I definitely would not recommend this bench. It suffers from too much sway when I'm flat benching. If you tighten the bolts in order to remove some of the sway you lose adjust-ability, and it still sways a bit. I'm going to have to order a rogue flat utility bench for my flat bench work and I'll keep this bench around for dumbbell work.
    Last edited by zalcrux; 07-10-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Cheers guys. It appears neither of these are loved. So if you had a choice of bench what would you pick? Happy to consider FI only.

I will measure the bench in the morning and let you know.

On reflection it seems the ironmaster super bench is a solid choice. Do you need an attachment for decline?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Dean35UK; 07-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cheers guys. It appears neither of these are loved. So if you had a choice of bench what would you pick? Happy to consider FI only.

I will measure the bench in the morning and let you know.

On reflection it seems the ironmaster super bench is a solid choice. Do you need an attachment for decline?

Many thanks.
    It comes with the seat attachment for incline work, for decline you want Crunch/Sit up attachment, don't forget to grab vinyl covers for foam rollers http://www.ironmaster.com/images/T/t_65.jpg

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking at your space, I'd say the smaller the bench the better. There's no realistic way to slide the bodysolid bench all the way out of your rack, it would suck hard every time you tried it. I have their gfid71, and it is like backing a school bus when you pull the thing out of the rack, I have probably five or six feet clearance in front of my rack and it's still tough to navigate the thing. Another vote for the ironmaster here.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    Looking at your space, I'd say the smaller the bench the better. There's no realistic way to slide the bodysolid bench all the way out of your rack, it would suck hard every time you tried it. I have their gfid71, and it is like backing a school bus when you pull the thing out of the rack, I have probably five or six feet clearance in front of my rack and it's still tough to navigate the thing. Another vote for the ironmaster here.
    I have the FID70 (the older white 71), and I've found that it's actually easier to just stand it up on its wheels and spin it around than it is to back it out, turn it around, and slide it back in place. I love the bench and got a good deal on it, but it's a beast.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Excellent many thanks, I am going to order all 3 items tonight. I will place a review once I recieve.

My current bench is the Marcy MD440 which is about 54 cm high flat, 173cm long (mostly taken up by supports) and 27Kg.

The Superbench is approx 51 cm high flat, 104cm long and 27Kg.

So in all - a little lower which is good, same mass, smaller footprint and hopefully far more robust.

Excellent many thanks, I am going to order all 3 items tonight. I will place a review once I recieve.

My current bench is the Marcy MD440 which is about 54 cm high flat, 173cm long (mostly taken up by supports) and 27Kg.

The Superbench is approx 51 cm high flat, 104cm long and 27Kg.

So in all - a little lower which is good, same mass, smaller footprint and hopefully far more robust.
    Coming tomorrow from Valley Fitness, can't wait to test her out :-D