Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Registered User ABRAHAM_SOLOMON's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 176 lbs
    ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit ABRAHAM_SOLOMON's BodySpace

Sudden onset of Gum pain? (Serious)

Two days ago, part of my Gum just started hurting. It went from no pain to major pain within an hour or two.
    It's been there for two days now, aching like a b*tch. It's on the right side, in the web-bit between the last tooth on the bottom and the last tooth on the top.

Anyone experience this sudden, aching pain?
    Any treatments?

Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9157
    FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit FullSack's BodySpace
    judging by your age and symptoms that sounds like wisdom teeth bro, in Aus thats about $1,000 to get them out

happened to me at 22, cost me $1000 to get them out, couldn't lift for a few weeks, sucked balls

ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FullSack View Post
    judging by your age and symptoms that sounds like wisdom teeth bro, in Aus thats about $1,000 to get them out

happened to me at 22, cost me $1000 to get them out, couldn't lift for a few weeks, sucked balls
    Ah man I didn't want to hear that. How long does it take to come out? And do you NEED to take them out?

Is that a grand each or for the lot?

Cheers.

Location: UK/Italy, London/Reggio Calabria, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'11", 158 lbs
    Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Malakaibeats's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ABRAHAM_SOLOMON View Post
    Two days ago, part of my Gum just started hurting. It went from no pain to major pain within an hour or two.
    It's been there for two days now, aching like a b*tch. It's on the right side, in the web-bit between the last tooth on the bottom and the last tooth on the top.

Anyone experience this sudden, aching pain?
    Any treatments?
    Sounds like an abscess. Go to the dentist. He'll probably put you on antibiotics for a week and it will go away on its own. However, if it becomes a chronic abscess (comes back after a while in the same spot) they will most likely cut it open to drain it, and put you on more antibiotics. Not too bad either way, I've had it done before, just some pain as they cut it open.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: An abscess in that area of the mouth can be a symptom of an impacted wisdom tooth. Whatever it is, go to the dentist asap. The sooner he acts, the less pain/recovery.

EDIT 2: If they do end up cutting the abscess open, get your dentist to write you up a prescription for "Ugurol" (tranexamic acid) which is a coagulant, if not you'll be spitting blood for hours.
    Last edited by Malakaibeats; 07-13-2009 at 03:21 AM.
    ☆Calabria Crew☆

☆Italian Crew☆

☆INTJ/INFJ Crew☆

This is some bull****. I was expecting "put ice on it, go away in few days" because it came suddenly and stuff. Lol

THANKS!

FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) FullSack has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Ah man I didn't want to hear that. How long does it take to come out? And do you NEED to take them out?

Is that a grand each or for the lot?

Cheers.
    i paid a grand for 4 to come out, it also cost ,my friend a grand to get 2 taken out. How long does it take - i think half an hour to an hour. I don't know i was unconsious.

Until you get them taken out - the pain will come and go, mine got worse over time til i had them taken out. Apparently people used to die of infection n **** back in the day. The longer you leave it the worse it is to have them taken out and the worse the pain gets.

gangster of redemption. Roy_Buller's Avatar
    Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Roy_Buller's BodySpace
    sounds like pericoronitis of the wisdom tooth- as others have said.

pericoronitis- inflammation of the operculum(flap of gum) overlying a partially erupted tooth. typically a wisdom tooth.

seeing a dentist would be the best bet, often they will take a jaw xray (OPG) to determine the angulation of the tooth- often if the angle is not too severe the tooth will erupt fully on its own and cease to cause problems.

if not surgical intervention may be necessary.

in the interim a few things that will help- frequent warm salt water mouthrinses (teaspoon of salt -glass of water) q4-6hrly. this helps flush out the operculum which alleviates pain.
    you can also use a 0.2% chlorhexidene based mouthwash instead. for example colgate savacol.
    rubbing teething cream ie bonjella on the affected area can help. so can placing a whole clove next to the gum for a few minutes- numbs the pain.

all the best.

gangster of redemption. Roy_Buller's Avatar
    Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Roy_Buller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Roy_Buller's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by FullSack View Post
    i paid a grand for 4 to come out, it also cost ,my friend a grand to get 2 taken out. How long does it take - i think half an hour to an hour. I don't know i was unconsious.

Until you get them taken out - the pain will come and go, mine got worse over time til i had them taken out. Apparently people used to die of infection n **** back in the day. The longer you leave it the worse it is to have them taken out and the worse the pain gets.
    yeah thats called ludwigs angina- bilateral infection of the submandibular, submental and sublingual spaces. can be caused by lower wisdom teeth. sudden onset, rapid deterioration leading to death by suffocation (swelling cuts off airway) pretty rare.

tx- hospitalisation. typically intubation to secure the airway. removal of affected teeth +/- intra/extra oral drainage of pus and IV antibiotics.

Location: UK/Italy, London/Reggio Calabria, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'11", 158 lbs
    Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Malakaibeats has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Malakaibeats's BodySpace
    This is some bull****. I was expecting "put ice on it, go away in few days" because it came suddenly and stuff. Lol

THANKS!
    It sounds a lot worse than it actually is. If it's an abscess it's a simple procedure. If the dentist says you need wisdom teeth out get a second opinion. Lots of dentists are all too willing to gouge teeth out of your mouth because it's the easiest possible money for a dentist. I was told by 2 separate dentists that I needed all four wisdom teeth out, the third dentist told me that as long as they didn't cause chronic discomfort they were ok to stay in. Guess what? 8 years later, he was right. I still have all 4 and no longer get any pain.
    ☆Calabria Crew☆

☆Italian Crew☆

☆INTJ/INFJ Crew☆

Originally Posted by Malakaibeats View Post
    It sounds a lot worse than it actually is. If it's an abscess it's a simple procedure. If the dentist says you need wisdom teeth out get a second opinion. Lots of dentists are all too willing to gouge teeth out of your mouth because it's the easiest possible money for a dentist. I was told by 2 separate dentists that I needed all four wisdom teeth out, the third dentist told me that as long as they didn't cause chronic discomfort they were ok to stay in. Guess what? 8 years later, he was right. I still have all 4 and no longer get any pain.
    I guess the only problem is that the painful infections continue, mine did for 6 months until i'd had enough. I initially ignored my dentist until the pain was too strong and consistent.

So yeah, maybe OP should wait to see if it's a consistent problem, i don't know