szaemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I continue to creatine load while sick?

After suffering a bout of insomnia for about 3 weeks, I decided that I probably was over training and I fugured if I took the jump into Supplements I might be able to help my body recover quickly and get more sleep at night.

3 nights ago I started a Creatine Load(Microlyzed Monohydrate). This is my first time taking any kind of supplements, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. The next morning (again with minimal sleep) I woke up sick. I don't have any reason to think it was the Creatine which made me sick. Rather I think my body just broke after so much time with no sleep. My Dr. has fixed my sleep problem with knockout drugs and I'm not going to the gym till I get better. But I've already started my creatine loading(2 Days now). So should I continue or stop and start over after my sickness goes away? I hate to waste the creatine.

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You do not need to load creatine. Old idea.

Loading creatine is an old idea? Well this is the first I'm hearing of it. I recognize from what I've read so far that I don't actually "need" to load it, but everything I'm reading says the inflating benefits come quicker if I do and that I should cycle it to keep my receptors open to receiving it. Something like 6 weeks on and 1 or 2 weeks off is what I keep reading.

Can anyone else verify what JolietKev is saying, that creatine loading is an old idea.?

HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by szaemon View Post
    Loading creatine is an old idea? Well this is the first I'm hearing of it. I recognize from what I've read so far that I don't actually "need" to load it, but everything I'm reading says the inflating benefits come quicker if I do and that I should cycle it to keep my receptors open to receiving it. Something like 6 weeks on and 1 or 2 weeks off is what I keep reading.

Can anyone else verify what JolietKev is saying, that creatine loading is an old idea.?

I heard it both ways that it does and doesn't need to be loaded.

I have been in the medical field for about 15 years now working as a RN Paramedic, so you can take what I say like a grain of salt

However, I would hold off on the creatine til you feel a bit better. Once you feel like your old self again, you can either chose to load or just take the recommended daily dose. Whatever you decide you MUST drink a good amount of water. Creatine has been known to cause a bit of dehydration if your not careful. So drink roughly a gallon of water a day to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

-Mike
    vBulletin Message

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HYP3R View Post
    I heard it both ways that it does and doesn't need to be loaded.

I have been in the medical field for about 15 years now working as a RN Paramedic, so you can take what I say like a grain of salt

However, I would hold off on the creatine til you feel a bit better. Once you feel like your old self again, you can either chose to load or just take the recommended daily dose. Whatever you decide you MUST drink a good amount of water. Creatine has been known to cause a bit of dehydration if your not careful. So drink roughly a gallon of water a day to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

-Mike
    Mornin'.....

I stopped the 'loading' thing a few years ago per some of my reading here.
    I just keep hydrated, stick to a hard workout, one scoop immediately after my workout followed by a protein shake with water.
    After a few weeks I stop taking it for a time.

A good day to all.....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    You do not need to load creatine. Old idea.
    i do what it says on the tub.load 5 days,then cycle 2months on one month off.

thing is its fairly cheap so if you can tollerate it why not load it.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by szaemon View Post

I still load on creatine and will continue to do so it works for me. I also cycle it
    On the list for Bannukah

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No...
    Land of Honalee

Thanks for all your opinions, I guess I'll cut down till I get back in the gym. Then I'll experiment with different ways of using it.
    Thanks again!

Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Loading has been the accepted way of taking creatine since it's been around. Saturation will occur without loading, it just takes longer. I'm a little biased, but Kre-Alkalyn from AAEFX requires NO loading! Works better for me than any other creatine (just my .02)

I would lay off of the creatine until you are better.

Well I didn't actually stop loading it. This is my third day now and WoW! this stuff is magic. I've been sick, not eating much and I haven't been in the gym for almost a week. I should have shrunk at least a little, but I've grown! I know it's just excess water retention in the muscle fibers, but damn it feels good and strong too. Tomorrow I start back in the gym again.

Thanks for all the opinions.