Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    tallgrl2006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for the extra motivation. I love the quotes at the end. My dad always used to tell me, " You can do anything as long as you put your mind to it." This is so true. Odds can be totally against you but, if you have the fight to make it you will
    Originally Posted by Manditude View Post
    I originally wrote and posted this in the Losing Fat section of the forum but I thought I'd post it here too, as it did good there I figured it might help a few people out here too.

I thought this would be good to write out, and hopefully contribute to if you can think of others.

Everyone, at some point or another, loses motivations or lacks it, let's reminds ourselves anything is achieveable.

1. Why? The one-worded question where all of this began. Whenever you lose focus or motivation, always bring yourself back to the very first time you asked this. Whatever reason you have, is great enough for you to keep going. Don't forget that.

2. You feel you're setting yourself up for failure. You're wrong. You've tried multiple diets which have had short term effects, but in the long run you've only ended up back at square one. This time is different, tell yourself that. Let your past mistakes be nothing but learning guidelines, everytime you try something different you're finding out something new about yourself, don't be put off from previous failure - welcome it then destroy it.

3. Stop focusing so much on the negatives. Bring out the positives and be proud of every achievement made, whether it be big or small the fact of the matter is everything you do affects your goal, so staying awake from the cheesecake, or dragging yourself to go for a run - it all pays off in the end.

4. There's going to be times when you feel progress is going nowhere, that you're eating foods you hate and exercising for long periods of time; and for what? I'm sure this question has ran through many peoples' minds, whether its because they're diet is off or they're stuck at a plateau, it doesn't matter - don't give up! Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar through it, sit back, evaluate, change. It might take someone 3 months to achieve they're ideal body whilst it might take someone else 3 years. If it's in your heart then it's worth it.

5. Compare yourself against yourself, and no one else. You're not working with their body, you're working on yours, whilst it's good to have an idea of how you want to look, don't go competing with the fitness instructor at your gym. Compete against the person in the mirror because that's what important.

6. Understand. This isn't going to be easy, infact by far frustrating but believe in yourself and you will go far. Set goals that are realistic, not ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, and no matter how many days you wake up feeling sluggish I can bet if you drag your ass to go for a run you'll feel a million times better and refreshed afterwards. This isn't a quick fix, this is something you should adapt into as a lifestyle.

7. You're not alone. You have a huge support group, online or at home, there are plenty of other people trying to achieve the same goals as you, going through the same problems and dealing with the same experiences. Talking to someone always helps, there's a ton of useful information out there from a lot of well respected people. Don't be afraid to ask.

8. Have fun. Look at what you're doing and enjoy it, everytime you exercise you're changing your body. If you're bored of the treadmill jump off and go on the bike, rowing machine, anything. There's endless ways to make working out fun, it doesn't always have to be as grim as some people make out.

9. There's going to be people who won't support you, who'll try to convince you to binge drink out on a friday night or share half a pizza with them and to stop being so 'boring', and yes, it's hard to resist and have enough will power to say no, sometimes its a lonely road when you feel isolated in that manner, but that's what seperates you from them. You should still have a social life and enjoy yourself, have treats here and there, but don't feel forced into anything you don't want to do.

10. Be proud of who you are and what you're doing, of these steps you're taking and sacrifices you're making to become a healthier person. Not only should you be amazed by yourself, but you should remember the people you're inspiring around you. You should think about how you're going to feel once you've achieved your goal/look, and how others are going to look at you when you have. It takes a considerable amount of will power and determination to achieve something great, and to think about when you get to post your 'before and after' photo's which in turn motivates and inspires others to push harder.

If you set your mind to it, you CAN do it!
    Never give up

Wilko1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the post it has boosted my motivation alot esspecialy with me being new to all of this i will now only ever compare my self to my self

9* hits home for me as an ex smoker i use to find things hard to resist but i think if i can resist smoking like i do then i can resist take outs

A little motivation for people out there.
    Anything is possible you can always do something use me as an example i use to smoke rediculase amounts and now im a non smoker only been quit sins July and started the gym shortly after i never look back so if i can quit you can definitly smile, enjoy and stay motivated hope eveyone enjoys there time at the gym
    Last edited by Wilko1989; 11-15-2012 at 02:57 AM.
    Strict Diet, Work Hard and lift Heavy is the 3 golden rules i follow

SCGainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great!

EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnglishAsian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Inspirational post OP, repped.

Srloielo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

I am at that plateau..
    Motivation is what I need to get me further. I see improvements in some areas and absolutely none in others. I eat 95% clean and the most crap I eat is the once a week white pasta, the occasional small portion of mums home cooked quiche and my homemade protein bars coated in dark chocolate. That's a major change for me and I'm proud but my body is yet to thank me.

I am too impatient!
    Steph

yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I originally wrote and posted this in the Losing Fat section of the forum but I thought I'd post it here too, as it did good there I figured it might help a few people out here too.

I thought this would be good to write out, and hopefully contribute to if you can think of others.

Everyone, at some point or another, loses motivations or lacks it, let's reminds ourselves anything is achieveable.

1. Why? The one-worded question where all of this began. Whenever you lose focus or motivation, always bring yourself back to the very first time you asked this. Whatever reason you have, is great enough for you to keep going. Don't forget that.

2. You feel you're setting yourself up for failure. You're wrong. You've tried multiple diets which have had short term effects, but in the long run you've only ended up back at square one. This time is different, tell yourself that. Let your past mistakes be nothing but learning guidelines, everytime you try something different you're finding out something new about yourself, don't be put off from previous failure - welcome it then destroy it.

3. Stop focusing so much on the negatives. Bring out the positives and be proud of every achievement made, whether it be big or small the fact of the matter is everything you do affects your goal, so staying awake from the cheesecake, or dragging yourself to go for a run - it all pays off in the end.

4. There's going to be times when you feel progress is going nowhere, that you're eating foods you hate and exercising for long periods of time; and for what? I'm sure this question has ran through many peoples' minds, whether its because they're diet is off or they're stuck at a plateau, it doesn't matter - don't give up! Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar through it, sit back, evaluate, change. It might take someone 3 months to achieve they're ideal body whilst it might take someone else 3 years. If it's in your heart then it's worth it.

5. Compare yourself against yourself, and no one else. You're not working with their body, you're working on yours, whilst it's good to have an idea of how you want to look, don't go competing with the fitness instructor at your gym. Compete against the person in the mirror because that's what important.

6. Understand. This isn't going to be easy, infact by far frustrating but believe in yourself and you will go far. Set goals that are realistic, not ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, and no matter how many days you wake up feeling sluggish I can bet if you drag your ass to go for a run you'll feel a million times better and refreshed afterwards. This isn't a quick fix, this is something you should adapt into as a lifestyle.

7. You're not alone. You have a huge support group, online or at home, there are plenty of other people trying to achieve the same goals as you, going through the same problems and dealing with the same experiences. Talking to someone always helps, there's a ton of useful information out there from a lot of well respected people. Don't be afraid to ask.

8. Have fun. Look at what you're doing and enjoy it, everytime you exercise you're changing your body. If you're bored of the treadmill jump off and go on the bike, rowing machine, anything. There's endless ways to make working out fun, it doesn't always have to be as grim as some people make out.

9. There's going to be people who won't support you, who'll try to convince you to binge drink out on a friday night or share half a pizza with them and to stop being so 'boring', and yes, it's hard to resist and have enough will power to say no, sometimes its a lonely road when you feel isolated in that manner, but that's what seperates you from them. You should still have a social life and enjoy yourself, have treats here and there, but don't feel forced into anything you don't want to do.

10. Be proud of who you are and what you're doing, of these steps you're taking and sacrifices you're making to become a healthier person. Not only should you be amazed by yourself, but you should remember the people you're inspiring around you. You should think about how you're going to feel once you've achieved your goal/look, and how others are going to look at you when you have. It takes a considerable amount of will power and determination to achieve something great, and to think about when you get to post your 'before and after' photo's which in turn motivates and inspires others to push harder.

If you set your mind to it, you CAN do it!
    Never give up
    Great post! THanks!

lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lolumirinbrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My motivation? Simple.... Zyzz brah

urwithkaiffe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice dear

merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100) merritboyle123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by nakedsnake View Post
    Great stuff!

I think I have the most trouble with this one, too many birthdays/holidays/get togethers make it difficult to stick to a diet. Once I get a little taste of the sweets or the pizza, I wanna eat the whole damn thing!
    Excellent stuff! I look at that you're in the gym anyway, why not destroy the weights.
    Over 40 Amateur of Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-amateur-of-the-week-always-grinding.html

believe86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

You gotta want it, as bad as you want to breathe!

believe86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Nicely said

If you don't have the power within your self to make the change, don't be hating the others who worked hard and are continuing to..

Heavenly Blessed Beauty et3rnal's Avatar
    et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000)
    great post! thx OP.
    i am going to print these out and leave them on my desk

gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Amazing post! the best motivation I could ever use! I printed them out and posted them as my desktop wallpaper!

Now i can see them at all times!

MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MalyZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good post!

wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolf33d will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Put this video at 5:45 (or watch it completely!!) and you will see what never give in is .

"You have to be great at something, good at everything, and you can't suck at anything."

Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Stop focusing so much on the negatives"
    Always focus on the negative movements!

Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisnyssen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Srloielo View Post
    I am at that plateau..
    Motivation is what I need to get me further. I see improvements in some areas and absolutely none in others. I eat 95% clean and the most crap I eat is the once a week white pasta, the occasional small portion of mums home cooked quiche and my homemade protein bars coated in dark chocolate. That's a major change for me and I'm proud but my body is yet to thank me.

I am too impatient!
    Look how hot you are already though. That body. Now imagine how many guys will say it in a year. Then in two years. Now work for it

n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10) n1ckage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Excellent thread

LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifesJourney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So hyped. Wow, great post!

MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sweet thread

liftlaughlove01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good read

HardWork . Diet . Passion atfitness's Avatar
    atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atfitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you give in, you are destroying everything you believed in until now.

If facing plateaus or small improvements just think how giving up will only lead you further downhill.

Keep pushing even when at a low because later you'll be glad that you didn't give up on yourself and pushed through the hard time and you will feel 10X better about yourself.

When all else fails remind yourself why you are doing this...and keep pushing!
    I am trying to build muscle, if you have successfully done it and have few minutes to spare please inbox me what has worked for you. Thanks! :D

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This point is my killer. Not only do my family moan at me for not eating the junk food they are eating; but they also criticise me for weighing and counting the calories of everything I eat. My sister's and my mum laugh at me for doing it and even say stuff like, "This is like something a bulimic person on TV does!" This just makes me feel like stopping and no longer weighing or counting calories. But I keep doing it because it is necessary for me to keep to my caloric goal.
    Last edited by WFKA; 01-06-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Superher0Soul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fantastic stuff in here

defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000)

Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mooseman5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow this is gr8 motivation mate thanks

stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great stuff!!
    Visit my website for health topics, recipes, workouts, and other related items!
    www.stephendo.com

Please "Like" my ******** Page for updates!
    www.********.com/stephendofitnesslifestyle

Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timbarism is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    #9 - Separating the wheat from the chaff. I never normally have trouble turning things down at the workplace. Last week, someone I know to be a very kind person, tried to hand me a slice of cake to which I politely refused. That shuffled their susans so much they grabbed my arm and told me to eat a piece of cake in front of them. Its sometimes surprising to me to see how much people react and resist to change around them. I've fit treat meals into my eating plan, but it won't be when someone else decides it to be. I thanked them for the plate of cake and walked off, palmed it off someone else
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

2013 Transformation Challenge Aus Brah checking in - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150947503

JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    6' 180 lbs. been working out for 1.5 months. I got some room in my pants that I didn't have before. My arms look a bit bigger.

Something I thought of today that may help others.

I had a bad lift day today-- I'm going to do better tomorrow.
    I had a good lift day-- I'm going to do better tomorrow.

I have moobs, it's embarrassing. All these gains I make have had no impact on them. It's depressing. Sometimes it's hard to keep going when I can't tell a difference in them despite the other gains. What good is it to be fit and still have them? Anyone motivation for me in this dilemma. I try and think that maybe six more months and something will change.

admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50) admles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you for this list.

#7 and #9 are especially helpful for me.