Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennyaberg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    like i said in another post before i found this one, #9 is tough, my buddys, my gf and her friend are all bout to get together over here and drink, and i was thinking about joining them... but i said no and im sticking to my word.. im still going to hang out but without drinking alcohol.

me and my gf also have a bet going on who can look the slimmest by march, but she is stubborn and agrees to stop doing certain things back such as drinking or smoking cigs, and she insists on doing them a day after, and she thinks i wont lose the weight.. but she will see.. haha. cant wait

Registered User alpyneproductions's Avatar
    alpyneproductions has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post!
    6ft7in
    started 10/01/09 @ 152lbs
    as of 07/06/2011 @ 204lbs

www.alpyneproductions.com
    I produce music... check me out!

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Insane post, like everyone else #9, and I messed up on my diet recently so number 2 as well.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Stuff

Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000) Wombatman is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice thread

queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) queenbeth922 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Red face Thats what I needed to hear

#2 hit me hardest. 5 years ago I did a starvation type diet monitored by a doctor and lost 85 lbs. in 6 months. Happiest I'd ever been, looking awesome. But, as soon as I was off the shakes and back onto regular food I ballooned back to where I started from in less than a year. Since then, almost daily, I have been beating myself up about gaining all the weight back. Looking at my "after pics" and shaking my head. That thinking has kept me overweight and kept me from trying again, because of my "fear of failure". Well, its time for all that to go out the window. Thanks for posting that. I'm sure its one that I will come back to throughout this process.

Masonboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

your right i find it so hard to keep going and to not think "hey i could just have the week off and relax why not". after that i think i failing at this. I need to keep motivated and your right, very helpful thanks for the post m8.

squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good thread.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/squibbscr

amyradelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Couldnt say it better..

Thanks so much for this motivation!

misc lyfe aint no strife midniteOG's Avatar
    midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "pain is weakness leaving the body".. cliche i know, yet good

Registered User baseketballer26's Avatar
    baseketballer26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    great post, thanks for these words

nomanogroma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great! I like number 8 - when i go to the gym I always feel like this is something I have to do. when I look at it like having fun, it feels much easier

SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SapperSkills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool post

Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very good post, like a lot on here #9 is the hardest for me. 21, at uni, lots of parties, girls etc. resisting getting drunk is very hard sometimes

LastChance2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking This Was Motivating

I would have to say the most that hit home was #1, #3 and #9

#1: I lose my motivation VERY quickly and I tend to go back to what I used to do and go right back to square one. The way I now stay motivated is building a support crew where I can talk to people, they talk to me and just be more involved in a healthy lifestyle with other people who are doing the same and I find that being on YouTube, BodyBuilding and other communities that deal with weight loss keeps me motivated where I won't give up so easily.

#3: I tend to focus a lot on the negatives, which gets me to quit all together. Now I just think of how I'm doing now, which is way better than how I WAS doing. My eating has changed, my mindset has changed and my view on exercising has changed. And I'm so happy about all the little changes I make even if it doesn't show on the scale or if it doesn't show on measurements...I feel like I'm changing on the inside little by little and soon I'll be able to do this for a lifetime. And I know that if I keep moving forward I will eventually get to where I wanna be.

#9: Which seems to be EVERYONE'S PROBLEM lol mine pretty much I don't have many friends, I don't go out that often so I have NO problem with people saying "I'm boring" lol in fact the 2 only friends (that I barely see) they want to lose weight and sometimes when they see me losing and doing healthy things, they tend to follow me lol. But my biggest problem is family. I tend to hide from my family because the more I hang out with them, the more subconsciously I'm going back to my ways of eating fattening, sugary, and delicious things that's definitely not good for your health. There's actually a few people which is my dad, my boyfriend's ENTIRE famlily lol they really don't care about eating healthy, so when I'm around them it REALLY gets hard to say no. Especially to my boyfriend's family where since they really don't care they want others to not care too. So I try my HARDEST to not visit as often, but I do eat at their place on holidays - christmas, thanksgiving, new year's....all those good holidays that families can't live without lol

Thanks so much for posting this, it was a good post

-J

lavendervirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by Manditude View Post
    I originally wrote and posted this in the Losing Fat section of the forum but I thought I'd post it here too, as it did good there I figured it might help a few people out here too.

I thought this would be good to write out, and hopefully contribute to if you can think of others.

Everyone, at some point or another, loses motivations or lacks it, let's reminds ourselves anything is achieveable.

1. Why? The one-worded question where all of this began. Whenever you lose focus or motivation, always bring yourself back to the very first time you asked this. Whatever reason you have, is great enough for you to keep going. Don't forget that.

2. You feel you're setting yourself up for failure. You're wrong. You've tried multiple diets which have had short term effects, but in the long run you've only ended up back at square one. This time is different, tell yourself that. Let your past mistakes be nothing but learning guidelines, everytime you try something different you're finding out something new about yourself, don't be put off from previous failure - welcome it then destroy it.

3. Stop focusing so much on the negatives. Bring out the positives and be proud of every achievement made, whether it be big or small the fact of the matter is everything you do affects your goal, so staying awake from the cheesecake, or dragging yourself to go for a run - it all pays off in the end.

4. There's going to be times when you feel progress is going nowhere, that you're eating foods you hate and exercising for long periods of time; and for what? I'm sure this question has ran through many peoples' minds, whether its because they're diet is off or they're stuck at a plateau, it doesn't matter - don't give up! Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar through it, sit back, evaluate, change. It might take someone 3 months to achieve they're ideal body whilst it might take someone else 3 years. If it's in your heart then it's worth it.

5. Compare yourself against yourself, and no one else. You're not working with their body, you're working on yours, whilst it's good to have an idea of how you want to look, don't go competing with the fitness instructor at your gym. Compete against the person in the mirror because that's what important.

6. Understand. This isn't going to be easy, infact by far frustrating but believe in yourself and you will go far. Set goals that are realistic, not ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, and no matter how many days you wake up feeling sluggish I can bet if you drag your ass to go for a run you'll feel a million times better and refreshed afterwards. This isn't a quick fix, this is something you should adapt into as a lifestyle.

7. You're not alone. You have a huge support group, online or at home, there are plenty of other people trying to achieve the same goals as you, going through the same problems and dealing with the same experiences. Talking to someone always helps, there's a ton of useful information out there from a lot of well respected people. Don't be afraid to ask.

8. Have fun. Look at what you're doing and enjoy it, everytime you exercise you're changing your body. If you're bored of the treadmill jump off and go on the bike, rowing machine, anything. There's endless ways to make working out fun, it doesn't always have to be as grim as some people make out.

9. There's going to be people who won't support you, who'll try to convince you to binge drink out on a friday night or share half a pizza with them and to stop being so 'boring', and yes, it's hard to resist and have enough will power to say no, sometimes its a lonely road when you feel isolated in that manner, but that's what seperates you from them. You should still have a social life and enjoy yourself, have treats here and there, but don't feel forced into anything you don't want to do.

10. Be proud of who you are and what you're doing, of these steps you're taking and sacrifices you're making to become a healthier person. Not only should you be amazed by yourself, but you should remember the people you're inspiring around you. You should think about how you're going to feel once you've achieved your goal/look, and how others are going to look at you when you have. It takes a considerable amount of will power and determination to achieve something great, and to think about when you get to post your 'before and after' photo's which in turn motivates and inspires others to push harder.

If you set your mind to it, you CAN do it!
    Never give up
    This is very good. I will read this everyday! Thanks Manditude!
    Lavender Love

I Am A Mother Phucker Bum_Prophet's Avatar
    Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000) Bum_Prophet is just really nice. (+1000)
    I originally wrote and posted this in the Losing Fat section of the forum but I thought I'd post it here too, as it did good there I figured it might help a few people out here too.

I thought this would be good to write out, and hopefully contribute to if you can think of others.

Everyone, at some point or another, loses motivations or lacks it, let's reminds ourselves anything is achieveable.

1. Why? The one-worded question where all of this began. Whenever you lose focus or motivation, always bring yourself back to the very first time you asked this. Whatever reason you have, is great enough for you to keep going. Don't forget that.

2. You feel you're setting yourself up for failure. You're wrong. You've tried multiple diets which have had short term effects, but in the long run you've only ended up back at square one. This time is different, tell yourself that. Let your past mistakes be nothing but learning guidelines, everytime you try something different you're finding out something new about yourself, don't be put off from previous failure - welcome it then destroy it.

3. Stop focusing so much on the negatives. Bring out the positives and be proud of every achievement made, whether it be big or small the fact of the matter is everything you do affects your goal, so staying awake from the cheesecake, or dragging yourself to go for a run - it all pays off in the end.

4. There's going to be times when you feel progress is going nowhere, that you're eating foods you hate and exercising for long periods of time; and for what? I'm sure this question has ran through many peoples' minds, whether its because they're diet is off or they're stuck at a plateau, it doesn't matter - don't give up! Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar through it, sit back, evaluate, change. It might take someone 3 months to achieve they're ideal body whilst it might take someone else 3 years. If it's in your heart then it's worth it.

5. Compare yourself against yourself, and no one else. You're not working with their body, you're working on yours, whilst it's good to have an idea of how you want to look, don't go competing with the fitness instructor at your gym. Compete against the person in the mirror because that's what important.

6. Understand. This isn't going to be easy, infact by far frustrating but believe in yourself and you will go far. Set goals that are realistic, not ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, and no matter how many days you wake up feeling sluggish I can bet if you drag your ass to go for a run you'll feel a million times better and refreshed afterwards. This isn't a quick fix, this is something you should adapt into as a lifestyle.

7. You're not alone. You have a huge support group, online or at home, there are plenty of other people trying to achieve the same goals as you, going through the same problems and dealing with the same experiences. Talking to someone always helps, there's a ton of useful information out there from a lot of well respected people. Don't be afraid to ask.

8. Have fun. Look at what you're doing and enjoy it, everytime you exercise you're changing your body. If you're bored of the treadmill jump off and go on the bike, rowing machine, anything. There's endless ways to make working out fun, it doesn't always have to be as grim as some people make out.

9. There's going to be people who won't support you, who'll try to convince you to binge drink out on a friday night or share half a pizza with them and to stop being so 'boring', and yes, it's hard to resist and have enough will power to say no, sometimes its a lonely road when you feel isolated in that manner, but that's what seperates you from them. You should still have a social life and enjoy yourself, have treats here and there, but don't feel forced into anything you don't want to do.

10. Be proud of who you are and what you're doing, of these steps you're taking and sacrifices you're making to become a healthier person. Not only should you be amazed by yourself, but you should remember the people you're inspiring around you. You should think about how you're going to feel once you've achieved your goal/look, and how others are going to look at you when you have. It takes a considerable amount of will power and determination to achieve something great, and to think about when you get to post your 'before and after' photo's which in turn motivates and inspires others to push harder.

Never give up
    this is very very helpful. i just recently started lifting and this, this is an amazing piece of literature. =] very helpful. thank you!
    Fight Through The Pain!

Check Out My Log...

Tips and opinions are welcomed.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=597779343#post597779343

www.********.com/bumproph3t

snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snik66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This ones my hardest haha ill go to partys/town with mates but ill be sober but probly still have as much fun as them but usually dont eat as much as i usually do. and ruins the weeks diet but ahh well

torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50) torquemac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great post...
    i was just about to give up...when istumbled upon this..
    six pack is the only thing to strive for now,,

arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    awesome post def #9 is the hardest living with a bunch of guys that like to party makes it kinda tough to stay on track but its def worth it if you can keep it up went from 230 to 214 with eating right and working out since feb going for 190 by summer time

Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dupes242 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very awesome post
    Morn Misc Crew (MMC Northeast Chapter)

Dfontano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dfontano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dfontano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dfontano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dfontano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dfontano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Motivation!

I know sometimes it's easy to feel like slowing down or giving up, but you have to keep pushing yourself. For me, my biggest motivators are focusing on what I love doing the most (bodybuilding, of course) and thinking about my family. I appreciate all that I have in my life and it helps me to keep on going. I always hang around positive people and try to stay away from those who complain all the time. Success is found more in positive people than in negative people. Have confidence in yourself and you'll do well!
    http://bodybuildingcoach-dave.com

supermen710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) supermen710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) supermen710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) supermen710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) supermen710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with you, your saying is so good and usful for me. Thanks.

mrclickman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Never give up
    It felt like you typed up this post specifically for me. It's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that there's so many people in my situation, and it's actually heart warming

Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000) Manditude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mrclickman View Post
    It felt like you typed up this post specifically for me. It's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that there's so many people in my situation, and it's actually heart warming
    This is very true.

Before I even began typing out what it is people can relate to, I was going through a tough point in terms of dieting and losing the last few pounds. So I sat there for a long time and wrote down the hardest thing about being in this situation, I thought about how aggitated I'd get at times when for weeks it'd seem nothing had changed, but then I remembered just how much more energetic and amazing I felt about myself.

So trying to put that across to plenty of others who feel/have experienced the same was a great success - mainly for the reason you stated; "It felt like you typed up this specifically for me."
    It actually opened up my eyes in the process to see just how many others can and will relate to you.

I'm glad to anyone it helps.
    ife owes you nothing; you have to earn everything.

rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Never give up
    this is truly inspiring and useful info

the part 8 is i like coz if i dont like the thing that i work up

the motivation is not there and possible i end up stopping doing it
    Want to Know How Can You Lose Weight In 2010?http://howtolosestubbornbellyfatfast.blogspot.com/

sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharpshot85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Originally Posted by NickMat View Post
    Excellent post. I will never quit.
    who is driving i, r u goign to drink alot n. can we leave nowy. have u taken ur bar yet u have tem akll u hav them all therew in your car ah. Do you want half an aderral pill n good cause i took the whole thingk jk i got another half do you want itn. ughk kkk zekiel i lolololollo ahah no i domt like i cant fap to tht. Dude i cant fap at all i feel ya brah, im madd >. ya preatty much iwant to leave and drink all there boose come at me brah.

marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10) marinelli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    awesome!

natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50) natethelegend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this is a pretty epic thread.
    Start: 270 lbs#(March 5, 2018)
    Current: 259(May 24, 2018) lbs#
    Goal: 220 lbs by December#

wws41687 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think that #4 is my biggest problem. It always feels that no matter what I do that Im not getting anywhere. I guess that only by sticking to my plans and not giving up that I will start to see results.