Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100) Korn555 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thank you so much. I was really depressed with dieting to fit my maintenance calories, especially with people around me being #9. Now I could find the motivation to stick to my diet and the healthy self improvement goals once again. God bless you OP.
    Eat Big. Lift Big. Live life.

We live only once, go all out or regret it forever.

squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatnonymous is on a distinguished road. (+10)

awesome

awesome post right here, good stuff!

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I first started lifting all I ever heard was you are doing it wrong, you are eating too much and so on. From people who didn't lift and had as much knowledge as I had when I first started. Well a year later those same people were asking for my advice and probably feeling worse about themselves for not joining me from the beginning. For number nine also you don't always have to drink if you go out unless you are with your best friend. I'm guilty of that for sure, but one thing I learned over the years is to allow yourself to be free every once in awhile or you will actually go backwards. I had a beer with my best friend yesterday and after 3 weeks of extreme cutting, counting every single macro/cal and making sure I have enough sleep and water. I remembered that you need to let loose some times.

8lackh0rse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8lackh0rse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8lackh0rse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8lackh0rse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8lackh0rse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8lackh0rse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great motivation!

AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10) AliiiciaBOO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Manditude View Post
    I originally wrote and posted this in the Losing Fat section of the forum but I thought I'd post it here too, as it did good there I figured it might help a few people out here too.

I thought this would be good to write out, and hopefully contribute to if you can think of others.

Everyone, at some point or another, loses motivations or lacks it, let's reminds ourselves anything is achieveable.

1. Why? The one-worded question where all of this began. Whenever you lose focus or motivation, always bring yourself back to the very first time you asked this. Whatever reason you have, is great enough for you to keep going. Don't forget that.

2. You feel you're setting yourself up for failure. You're wrong. You've tried multiple diets which have had short term effects, but in the long run you've only ended up back at square one. This time is different, tell yourself that. Let your past mistakes be nothing but learning guidelines, everytime you try something different you're finding out something new about yourself, don't be put off from previous failure - welcome it then destroy it.

3. Stop focusing so much on the negatives. Bring out the positives and be proud of every achievement made, whether it be big or small the fact of the matter is everything you do affects your goal, so staying awake from the cheesecake, or dragging yourself to go for a run - it all pays off in the end.

4. There's going to be times when you feel progress is going nowhere, that you're eating foods you hate and exercising for long periods of time; and for what? I'm sure this question has ran through many peoples' minds, whether its because they're diet is off or they're stuck at a plateau, it doesn't matter - don't give up! Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar through it, sit back, evaluate, change. It might take someone 3 months to achieve they're ideal body whilst it might take someone else 3 years. If it's in your heart then it's worth it.

5. Compare yourself against yourself, and no one else. You're not working with their body, you're working on yours, whilst it's good to have an idea of how you want to look, don't go competing with the fitness instructor at your gym. Compete against the person in the mirror because that's what important.

6. Understand. This isn't going to be easy, infact by far frustrating but believe in yourself and you will go far. Set goals that are realistic, not ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, and no matter how many days you wake up feeling sluggish I can bet if you drag your ass to go for a run you'll feel a million times better and refreshed afterwards. This isn't a quick fix, this is something you should adapt into as a lifestyle.

7. You're not alone. You have a huge support group, online or at home, there are plenty of other people trying to achieve the same goals as you, going through the same problems and dealing with the same experiences. Talking to someone always helps, there's a ton of useful information out there from a lot of well respected people. Don't be afraid to ask.

8. Have fun. Look at what you're doing and enjoy it, everytime you exercise you're changing your body. If you're bored of the treadmill jump off and go on the bike, rowing machine, anything. There's endless ways to make working out fun, it doesn't always have to be as grim as some people make out.

9. There's going to be people who won't support you, who'll try to convince you to binge drink out on a friday night or share half a pizza with them and to stop being so 'boring', and yes, it's hard to resist and have enough will power to say no, sometimes its a lonely road when you feel isolated in that manner, but that's what seperates you from them. You should still have a social life and enjoy yourself, have treats here and there, but don't feel forced into anything you don't want to do.

10. Be proud of who you are and what you're doing, of these steps you're taking and sacrifices you're making to become a healthier person. Not only should you be amazed by yourself, but you should remember the people you're inspiring around you. You should think about how you're going to feel once you've achieved your goal/look, and how others are going to look at you when you have. It takes a considerable amount of will power and determination to achieve something great, and to think about when you get to post your 'before and after' photo's which in turn motivates and inspires others to push harder.

If you set your mind to it, you CAN do it!
    Never give up
    Extremely motivational and well written.thanks for sharing that

Schwarzblut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I originally wrote and posted this in the Losing Fat section of the forum but I thought I'd post it here too, as it did good there I figured it might help a few people out here too.

I thought this would be good to write out, and hopefully contribute to if you can think of others.

Everyone, at some point or another, loses motivations or lacks it, let's reminds ourselves anything is achieveable.

1. Why? The one-worded question where all of this began. Whenever you lose focus or motivation, always bring yourself back to the very first time you asked this. Whatever reason you have, is great enough for you to keep going. Don't forget that.

2. You feel you're setting yourself up for failure. You're wrong. You've tried multiple diets which have had short term effects, but in the long run you've only ended up back at square one. This time is different, tell yourself that. Let your past mistakes be nothing but learning guidelines, everytime you try something different you're finding out something new about yourself, don't be put off from previous failure - welcome it then destroy it.

3. Stop focusing so much on the negatives. Bring out the positives and be proud of every achievement made, whether it be big or small the fact of the matter is everything you do affects your goal, so staying awake from the cheesecake, or dragging yourself to go for a run - it all pays off in the end.

4. There's going to be times when you feel progress is going nowhere, that you're eating foods you hate and exercising for long periods of time; and for what? I'm sure this question has ran through many peoples' minds, whether its because they're diet is off or they're stuck at a plateau, it doesn't matter - don't give up! Just because your hitting a hard point doesn't mean you can't soar through it, sit back, evaluate, change. It might take someone 3 months to achieve they're ideal body whilst it might take someone else 3 years. If it's in your heart then it's worth it.

5. Compare yourself against yourself, and no one else. You're not working with their body, you're working on yours, whilst it's good to have an idea of how you want to look, don't go competing with the fitness instructor at your gym. Compete against the person in the mirror because that's what important.

6. Understand. This isn't going to be easy, infact by far frustrating but believe in yourself and you will go far. Set goals that are realistic, not ridiculous. Patience is a virtue, and no matter how many days you wake up feeling sluggish I can bet if you drag your ass to go for a run you'll feel a million times better and refreshed afterwards. This isn't a quick fix, this is something you should adapt into as a lifestyle.

7. You're not alone. You have a huge support group, online or at home, there are plenty of other people trying to achieve the same goals as you, going through the same problems and dealing with the same experiences. Talking to someone always helps, there's a ton of useful information out there from a lot of well respected people. Don't be afraid to ask.

8. Have fun. Look at what you're doing and enjoy it, everytime you exercise you're changing your body. If you're bored of the treadmill jump off and go on the bike, rowing machine, anything. There's endless ways to make working out fun, it doesn't always have to be as grim as some people make out.

9. There's going to be people who won't support you, who'll try to convince you to binge drink out on a friday night or share half a pizza with them and to stop being so 'boring', and yes, it's hard to resist and have enough will power to say no, sometimes its a lonely road when you feel isolated in that manner, but that's what seperates you from them. You should still have a social life and enjoy yourself, have treats here and there, but don't feel forced into anything you don't want to do.

10. Be proud of who you are and what you're doing, of these steps you're taking and sacrifices you're making to become a healthier person. Not only should you be amazed by yourself, but you should remember the people you're inspiring around you. You should think about how you're going to feel once you've achieved your goal/look, and how others are going to look at you when you have. It takes a considerable amount of will power and determination to achieve something great, and to think about when you get to post your 'before and after' photo's which in turn motivates and inspires others to push harder.

Never give up
    4, 6 and 10.

For me the motivation is the changes I see in my body. It makes me break tons of years and tons of bad conceptions about myself and what I´m able to achieve and it´s a huge feedback to my selflove and self confidence. The motivation of feeling a personal strengh makes me really hungry and really to get more!

I don´t know for the rest of the people, but it helps my as a kind of "psicological therapy".

Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Expanse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for writing this up!
    Powerlifting | 505/335/585

Sarahhunger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really enjoyed reading this post, I am a college athlete and #9 seems to really apply to me. #5 I really will keep this one in mind.

derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derven has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Never give up

What an amazing post. Number 10 really stood out to me. I want to inspire others to stay healthy and fit. I loved all of your tips for motivation. Thanks so much for sharing.

mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike10lifts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Top post OP. Solid advice nothing to add. 10 is the one for me though. Always be proud of every achievement big or small
    Age 20. www.Youtube.com/michael FITNESS CHANNEL MikeLifts 18k Subs and Counting -Physique and Powerlifting Champion -Raw total 650kg/ 1430lb at 95kg/ 210lb -8 Years Natural Training Calisthenics and Powerbuilding.

radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10) radditz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1 why did you spend your youth watching dbz if you don't want to be as buff as goku
    2 you want to feel healthy about yourself
    3 you want to be proude when you look in the mirror
    4 always keep improving yourself
    5 goku might need your energy for a spirit bomb
    6 it kind a chilling with friedns as many of mine do it
    7 gains comes in handy when arm wresteling
    8 it helps to get you focussed
    9 sport gives you an incredibly lust for food
    10 when all fails in your life you can be assured than your gains won't fail you

evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50) evonguyen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Still find myself coming back to this post years later, awesome stuff.

TuMorrell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good read! I need this!

lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lks7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome, thanks for posting it.

SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SofiaCally has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Such a great way to motivate people around. Thank you

kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingplane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You really only need one reason to not give in or give up and that's because If you do, nothing will ever change. Atleast not for the better.

Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swolin93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Deep, I def needed this today. "Commitment is staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you." Having people to hold you accountable is huge as well
    Everyone has a dream but not everyone has a grind.

My workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171637043&p=1446480293#post1446480293

Preventin' teh Scurvy Vitamin C's Avatar
    Location: Various GNCs, Vitamin Worlds, and friendly, local pharmacies
    Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000) Vitamin C is just really nice. (+1000)

(...)

Never give up
    Awesome. Absolutely awesome. Hands down, one of the best posts (and threads) on bb.com.

AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100)
    The pain of discipline is better than the pain of being disappointed .

AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100) AriesMaries is not very well liked. (-100)
    Nice thread tho..

bgalex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread couldnt be better!
    http://www.youtube.com/bgalexHD

kukuruziuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    check this out
    ********.com/Th3Lifter/

Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000) Ournmeturehe is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Thanks for sharing these amazing tips. Hats off to you!

EndiBFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is amazing. Just what I needed to read.

Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hillsy89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post! I am always having family (including my wife on occasion, but less so now) moan at me for wanting to keep fit and eat healthy. Comments like, "You only live once to just enjoy it." Just because I don't want to stuff my face with processed meats and haribo all the time, it does not mean I don't enjoy my life and occasionally eat nice things. I would just rather make those nice things some deep fried calamari and a steak with onion rings than McDonalds...

I wish they could read this, it is my body, not theirs so let me do as I wish!

ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ValerioMagura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok. the most important thing is this: if you actually give in once and eat, it's not the end, it's nothing. just go forth my friend, eliminate guilt from your life

AnyaTurpin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is amazing. This needs to be made pretty and turned into a backdrop for a computer or a poster to hang on the wall. Thank you for sharing! And like most on here, yes, #9 hits like a ton of bricks. I say this as all of my office mates are going out to pick up burgers for lunch and I am here eating from my lunchbox. Odd girl out, but the results will be worth it!

Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mdjack10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    #9 is so true

KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50) KarinStebleva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the great list of inspiring reasons!

ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThatAussieGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Because Harambe is watching.
    Best Comp Lifts in the 220lb | 100kg weight class:

Best Squat: 265kg | 584lbs
    Best Bench: 190kg | 419lbs
    Best Deadlift: 300kg | 661lbs

Instagram Page: @nicholasweirpowerlifter
    ******** Page: Nicholas Weir - Powerlifter