Thread: Drying out?

Boston35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Boston35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Boston35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Boston35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Drying out?

I've got my first competition coming up soon. I'm currently at 5'7 160lbs and 7% bodyfat. I saw a article on the main website that had said something about SciVation Showtime http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/showtime.html. Has anyone used this product? Does it work well? What are the best ways to get that dry look before competition?

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Boston35 View Post
    What are the best ways to get that dry look before competition?
    Get to 4% and don't dehydrate whatever you do, your muscles are 80% water.
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    Get to 4% and don't dehydrate whatever you do, your muscles are 80% water.
    Absolutely not, You NEED to pull all the sub-q water out. You need to dehydrate to a certain extent, but DONT OVER DO IT. ALOT of guys i see make the fatal mistake if going to far with cutting water and look FLAT on stage, regardless of how hard they carbed up. You NEED water in your system when you load, or the carbs will be pointless that you take it when loading the 36-24 hours prior to stage time. What are your plans for drying out? If you can post exactly what you want to do i could make some changes/give advise if you want.

xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xtralean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used Scivation Show Time before my last show. I probably wouldn't use it again.. No particular reason just the sake of popping pills all the time. My pic in my avatar if you want to see what I looked like. I just followed the instructions on the product.

Bronze Account Holder Whomper107's Avatar
    Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Matheoperez View Post
    Absolutely not, You NEED to pull all the sub-q water out. You need to dehydrate to a certain extent, but DONT OVER DO IT. ALOT of guys i see make the fatal mistake if going to far with cutting water and look FLAT on stage, regardless of how hard they carbed up. You NEED water in your system when you load, or the carbs will be pointless that you take it when loading the 36-24 hours prior to stage time. What are your plans for drying out? If you can post exactly what you want to do i could make some changes/give advise if you want.
    This may or may not be true for an assisted competitor, but most here will agree that it is unnecessary for a natural, particularly a first timer.

OP, until you know your own body well enough to do something like this right, you will typically do more harm than good. The reason well conditioned bodybuilders have that 'dry' look on stage has little to do with water manipulation - it's just because they are really, really, LEAN.
    *No sets to failure crew*
    *germanyt crew*

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Matheoperez View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115593581 nuff said, now if your using AAS, sure you might need to drop a lil water from the test.
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Read that link!

Drink water. Tis all
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just did a show yesterday. On fri I was only gonna drink a gallon of water, but i was still holding a little water from my carb up on tues and wed. So what did I do? Stop drinking water? Take a diuretic? Neither, I drank more water. The more I drank the more I peed the drier I got. I'm not telling you thats what you should do, but I am telling you that I did the exact opposite of what 99% of other bodybuilders and competitors would do or would say to do. Drinking more water flushed me out. Your body can only hold so much water anything extra comes out.

With that said I was my absolute driest on wed morning after drinking 2 gallons of water and adding 300 carbs to my diet on tues. I would have loved to have looked that way on sat. I learned something that I will use for my next prep. Oh yeah on a side note, I woke up tues morning weighing 176, the lightest weight I had hit during my prep. This was after depleting sun and monday. That day I added 300 carbs, and drank 2 gallons of water as part of my loading phase. Woke up wed morning dry as a bone and weighed 174.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    I just did a show yesterday. On fri I was only gonna drink a gallon of water, but i was still holding a little water from my carb up on tues and wed. So what did I do? Stop drinking water? Take a diuretic? Neither, I drank more water. The more I drank the more I peed the drier I got. I'm not telling you thats what you should do, but I am telling you that I did the exact opposite of what 99% of other bodybuilders and competitors would do or would say to do. Drinking more water flushed me out. Your body can only hold so much water anything extra comes out.

With that said I was my absolute driest on wed morning after drinking 2 gallons of water and adding 300 carbs to my diet on tues. I would have loved to have looked that way on sat. I learned something that I will use for my next prep. Oh yeah on a side note, I woke up tues morning weighing 176, the lightest weight I had hit during my prep. This was after depleting sun and monday. That day I added 300 carbs, and drank 2 gallons of water as part of my loading phase. Woke up wed morning dry as a bone and weighed 174.
    there you have it folks...

kudos on not getting scared and cutting water

Someone's prolly feelin a bit sirry now.
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log

fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My goal is to be "dry" at least one month out. No tricks, please.
    Joe

IFPA PRO and OCB Promoter

www.TeamFrancoBodyBuilding.com
    www.********.com/TeamFrancoBodybuilding

OCB - Beyond Nutrition Natural
    April 21st 2012 - Burlington, New Jersey
    Bodybuilding, Figure & Bikini

OCB Mid-Atlantic Battle for the Belt, IFPA Pro Qualifier
    August 25th, 2012 - Burlington, New Jersey

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fitfranco View Post
    My goal is to be "dry" at least one month out. No tricks, please.
    damn you must be thirsty for a long time!

MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleManxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post

listen to this guy he looked shredded on stage I was there
    good job bro!
    I'm a bit bummed I lost tho
    -[The Friendly Misc Crew]-
    ***REP BACK***

fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitfranco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    damn you must be thirsty for a long time!

Nice, lol
    Joe

IFPA PRO and OCB Promoter

www.TeamFrancoBodyBuilding.com
    www.********.com/TeamFrancoBodybuilding

OCB - Beyond Nutrition Natural
    April 21st 2012 - Burlington, New Jersey

OCB Mid-Atlantic Battle for the Belt, IFPA Pro Qualifier
    August 25th, 2012 - Burlington, New Jersey

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The reason well conditioned bodybuilders have that 'dry' look on stage has little to do with water manipulation - it's just because they are really, really, LEAN.[/QUOTE]

Very well said. I was "holding water" is just an excuse for not being lean enough.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador