Thread: loose skin

rtepb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question loose skin

I am 58 years old. Ride road bike daily 10 to20 miles. I am 195lbs, 6'2', 8% body fat. Work out 3 times a week. Lots of ab work and have a good 6 pack. I cannot get rid of excess skin not fat around my waist. Any product aroaund that could help, ie lipoderm, cutting gel, thiomucase?

Registered User WHOSYOURDADDY02's Avatar
    WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The idea of excess skin is usually a fallacy...People who have tried to lose fat in an area for a long time and have been unsuccessful usually just assume that it is "extra skin". It is not uncommon, especially at your age, to have fat in areas that is extremely hard to rid of. Hell, Im 21 and I have a hard time getting rid of this damn fat by my pectorals! As far as a recommendation goes, Lipoderm-Y is by far the best of the mentioned products IMO. Cutting gel is a big waste of your time and money.

Thumbs down loose skin

I'll try the lipoiderm. I have used a trainer for 4 years and have been keeping track by calipers of body fat. the skin that I am refering to is definately not body fat. I know that men accumulate body fat around the middle and I have been very aware of diet and workout to eliminate it. I also know that with my age, skin tightness can be a problem.

Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Over46andFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

loose skin

Hi rtepb.
    I'm 46, almost 47 and I've a similar problem in the lower abs. My upper abs are visible and cut. I've tried the cutting gels and skin tighteners and they are a complete scam. I'm at the point where if I increase cardio, I'll begin to loose mass. Same with diet.
    I'm considering surgery. I know this sounds vain but I've worked for several years at this and believe this to be the only realistic option.
    Have you considered this as a viable option?
    Jim

Platz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Platz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed that the last couple times I dieted for shows I wound up with some loose skin around the lower abs. As you age, the skin becomes less elastic.
    What I did was to:
    1. Stay on the diet longer
    2. Apply thiomocase prior to getting in the tanning bed.
    3. Apply preparation H to the affected area when I got out of the shower.

Sure, some people say they have loose skin and are just still fat. Others, older types in particular, can have loose skin after a diet.
    Why the heck do you think these fatties that get their stomachs stapled (carnie wilson) go back to have a skin removal operation.
    Lotsa loose skin after the drastic weight loss.

looseskin

Interesting why you mentioned applying thiomucase before a tanning session. Why do you suggest that? Also any results with the lipoderm? It would seem that the thiomucase and the prep H are equal products. How do you choose one over the other? Many thanks.

mssixpack56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to say I had no idea men had this problem. I have had two nearly nine pound babies, I'm 45, and there is some loose skin around my lower abs as well. It's almost crepe-y in texture. I would like to believe it is fat because at least if it is it can be gotten rid of. If I don't slouch it's not too noticeable. A trainer was asking me to pose once and said "pull the skin down." I How embarrassing but when I said something he said, nah, men do it too so I felt better.

Stasia

Originally posted by mssixpack56
    I have to say I had no idea men had this problem. I have had two nearly nine pound babies, I'm 45, and there is some loose skin around my lower abs as well. It's almost crepe-y in texture. I would like to believe it is fat because at least if it is it can be gotten rid of. If I don't slouch it's not too noticeable. A trainer was asking me to pose once and said "pull the skin down." I How embarrassing but when I said something he said, nah, men do it too so I felt better.

Stasia

loose skin

I hate to say that it is not fat. In fact, I think that it partially goes away with weight gain, but who wants that.

ALLSTAR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can not escape age but you can kick it around a bit.Try viggorous massage in the areas you have problems a partner is a must here . If it works for you in about 4 to 6 weeks great if not it sure is going to feel good anyway .Oh Yea! Stay off all those fufu creams and lotions just use a pure aloe vera. Happy Day !

Platz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Platz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thioumocase and prep h

Basically I was a little desparate and didn't want to leave any stone unturned. The thiomocase application prior to the tanning session really seemed to draw a lot of water out of the area in addition to making the skin a little more "elastic". It really did seem to improve things dramatically over 2 or 3 weeks of use.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChaisC View Post
    Hello, My name is Chais and my wife recently found a product that Tighten, Tones, and Firms the skin, If you would be interested in learning more about it Email me analdildos.com.
    if you have tried everything else out, you should at least check it out!
    sounds legit
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Excess skin only really occurs in individuals with long-term obesity. Over time, the skin expands and the elastic tissues get permanently stretched out to cover the extra fatty tissue (thus the "stretch marks"). When the fat goes away, the skin may shrink back to its original size, if too much time has not passed. If it has been too long, however, the skin change is essentially permanent. This is really apparent in individuals who undergo successful weight loss surgery, and who may have large folds of excess skin around their waist and lower abdomen. At that point, options are limited.

From a medical perspective, I doubt there is any topical lotion/cream that will make a significant difference. At best, those only penetrate into the upper layers of skin (epidermis) and do not affect the deeper areas that must be changed to reduce excess skin. They may make a transient change in appearance, due to hydration, but are not likely to induce any permanent improvement.

There are some laser treatments that will tighten the connective tissues of the subcutaneous skin. Basically they cause the fibrous bands to shrink a bit. The techniques are used to reduce sagging skin in the face to reduce the appearance of aging, but they might work on the abdomen. This could conceivably be useful for minor excesses of skin. Consult a laser clinic that specializes in this technique for more information.

Beyond that, I'm afraid that surgery is the only effective and permanent option if enough time has passed and the skin is just not reducing on its own. For someone who has worked hard to make a permanent change, I don't think it is unreasonable to consider this option to fully experience the benefits of their hard labors over the years.