Changing my body & life. MissJelly's Avatar
    MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Uric Acid and keto

My husband is starting keto on Monday. He has high uric acid. He has being researching uric acid and the google machine says, because the body is getting rid of ketones, it wont get rid of as much uric acid.

He's all ready for keto on Monday, but he's a bit confuzzled by this. ^

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If he gets gout allipurinol is cheap and it works. Panthonic acid is supposed to be a pretty decent supplement to help. If he's never had gout problems he should be ok--my guess is if he get's gout it's because he's pretty fat to start with so the keto diet and allipuniol would be a good solution if he has probs.

MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissJelly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by johnnyironboard View Post
    If he gets gout allipurinol is cheap and it works. Panthonic acid is supposed to be a pretty decent supplement to help. If he's never had gout problems he should be ok--my guess is if he get's gout it's because he's pretty fat to start with so the keto diet and allipuniol would be a good solution if he has probs.

He has never had gout. And yeah, he is overweight, by 4 stone anyway. I'll tell him to get that allipurinol.

Thanks.

marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MissJelly View Post
    He has never had gout. And yeah, he is overweight, by 4 stone anyway. I'll tell him to get that allipurinol.

Thanks.
    allipurinol is a prescription used to gout. I'd be more concerned his kidneys are stressed by his weight and is spilling extra uric acid. The diet should not harm him, and the weight loss should only improve every aspect of his life..
    Tomorrow is no place to place your better days.

Originally Posted by marty6001 View Post
    allipurinol is a prescription used to gout. I'd be more concerned his kidneys are stressed by his weight and is spilling extra uric acid. The diet should not harm him, and the weight loss should only improve every aspect of his life..

I only realised that after I replied the 1st time! I agree with you on this. ^

thanks for your replies.