ElektraLoaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking NEWBIE ALERT LOL - Questions regarding personal trainer certification

Hi all, I am from Canada, that's right the great white north haha, I am so glad I found this site. I really just want to get answers on a few things - I have always had a passion for fitness and nutrition, but have basically put this off and finally had my revelation and decided I really do want a career in fitness and nutrition and want to carry this through.

Now I just have to figure out a few things, what are the best certificates to get or degrees? I was at first planning to go through for a four year program to get my BAS in food and nutrition and then get a personal trainer certificate as well on the side, but I am otherwise obligated and am really not able to attend a four year program and there are really no distance learning options for that, to my knowledge.

Then I found out about CanFitPro which does seem great because it offers both the PTS certificate I want as well as a NWS certificate, and the locations around my area where I would want to work say those are both certificates they would expect from someone they hire. So really my main question is, to the personal trainers out there mostly and those in nutrition, is this a worthwhile option? Also, while doing what I love is certainly the most important thing I am just curious before going ahead as to what the salary differences are between taking the four year degree which is upwards of 40,000+ starting off, if anyone out there who has the CanFitPro and is working off this, could give me even a general idea?

Any input at all would be appreciated, thanks so much! I'm so excited to finally get going on this yeehaw lol!

:P

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ElektraLoaded View Post
    Hi all, I am from Canada, that's right the great white north haha, I am so glad I found this site. I really just want to get answers on a few things - I have always had a passion for fitness and nutrition, but have basically put this off and finally had my revelation and decided I really do want a career in fitness and nutrition and want to carry this through.

Now I just have to figure out a few things, what are the best certificates to get or degrees? I was at first planning to go through for a four year program to get my BAS in food and nutrition and then get a personal trainer certificate as well on the side, but I am otherwise obligated and am really not able to attend a four year program and there are really no distance learning options for that, to my knowledge.

Then I found out about CanFitPro which does seem great because it offers both the PTS certificate I want as well as a NWS certificate, and the locations around my area where I would want to work say those are both certificates they would expect from someone they hire. So really my main question is, to the personal trainers out there mostly and those in nutrition, is this a worthwhile option? Also, while doing what I love is certainly the most important thing I am just curious before going ahead as to what the salary differences are between taking the four year degree which is upwards of 40,000+ starting off, if anyone out there who has the CanFitPro and is working off this, could give me even a general idea?

Any input at all would be appreciated, thanks so much! I'm so excited to finally get going on this yeehaw lol!

:P
    One trainer w/ a can-fit-pro cert wrote about his experience at York University.

Please Let me know if helps at all

http://askthetrainer.com/york-univer...ee-review.html
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geoff.lu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can fit pro cerf is ****... its good for getting insurance and getting hire at first. (i have it too)

a 4 year degree mean nothing for getting 40k+. when working for gyms you dont make any money... rather you are in for the exp and build up client base. (u be lucky if you can pull 20k, it mean working your ass off)

you can make 100k plus when you start working on your own.