Muzzyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Knee and lower back pain

First of all, I hope I posted this in the right place.

I recently went back to gym after 2-3 months break. I was fairly strong, so I thought I would start with Upper/Lower split to gain my strength back.

My first day today was leg day. So I started with squats, and went fairly light. As soon as I put 40kg/88lbs on the bar, I started feeling knee pain in my right leg. My form is decent I don't suspect I have any issues with it, but this is a first time I have felt such pain in my knee. I stopped immediately as it was sharp pain and unbearable.

Moving on to my next exercise, I tried doing Leg presses see if the knee pain persists. So I went ahead and attempted light weight, and there I started feeling lower back pain. I have had lower back pain for a while now, but I have never had it when doing leg presses, this is a first.

After my failures, I thought I would at least give my calfs a good session. I usually do calf raises on the leg press machine, but I couldn't even straighten my legs from the lower back pain.

I would go to a physiotherapist, but I cannot afford one atm. And I suspect my GP would be useless and just refer me to a physiotherapist.

I am open to ideas.

Flip1904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Leg and lower back pain could be caused by tight Hip Flexors. They wont allow your hips to rotate properly and will cause pain while walking to doing different lifts. Copy the lonk below and read the article about Hip Flexors and learn ways to stretch them so you can have better range of motion and less pain.

SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10) SlowAnSteady is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What were you doing with yourself during the time you had off?
    Previous; repaired full thickness supraspinatus tear, frayed labrum, and bone spur in left shoulder.
    Previous; repaired torn labrum in right shoulder.
    Current; Type I Diabetic.