the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK SIXTY-NINE :: What Is The Best Workout Program For Baseball Players?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What Is The Best Workout Program For Baseball Players?

For the week of: 1/22 - 1/28
    Sunday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The season is almost upon us once again and players around the country are starting to get signed up. Gear up and start training! All positions can be improved with proper training and nutrition.

What is the best workout program for baseball players? List type of training, exercises, sets, reps, etc.

How would the workouts vary between the different positions?

As a strategic type of sport what are some ways players prepare themselves for the mental side of the game?

Bonus Question: What Major League baseball player do you think has the most unique training program?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

----------------------------------
    NEW PRIZE MONEY!!!!!

The best response will get $75 in credit, and second place will get $50 in credit to use in our online store and will have their workout posted on our main site for the world to see!

NEW RULE!!!!!

* New Rule: Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentakamo31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I play baseball and my favorite lift is the Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension which is shown in the bodybuilding exercise data base. I do a lot of tricep workouts especially with dumbells. With strong triceps you can really go through the ball harder with quicker hands.

I also do something similar to the Palms-Down Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over A Bench on the exercise data base to workout wrists and forearms. I'd think you would get better bat control with strong wrists and forearms.

I also do similar workouts to the Cable Internal Rotation in the bb exercise data base except I use the semi-strong rubber bands often used for physical therapy. You can do that workout and reverse it to strengthen your rotator cuff.

I've never done it but I heard for pitchers they do the workout with medecine balls sitting flat on the ground and throw them with both arms extending against a wall. I've heard doing a couple sets of the everyday could increase a pitchers pitches 3-5 mph faster.

Whatever you do you should never workout your shoulders and upper body too much. (Overhead Lifts) because with your shoulders tightening too hard will make your swing slower.

Those are all the lifts that I do for baseball . But also doing the core lifts, bench, cleans, squats. I'm sure there are a lot more lifts out there that players do out there that i dont know about. Hope I helped.

SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50) SFreppinitbig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would go with Bill Starr's 5X5. Stretch after you do military press or bench tho, and also possibly dips. I'd stretch arms for 10 minutes then some light long toss for 15 minutes. keep the arm loose.
    Bench: 175 LBS
    Deadlift: 250 LBS
    Squat: 170 LBS (ATG)
    Military Press: 115 LBS
    Barbell Rows: 125 LBS
    Curl: 40 LBS dumbell
    Dips: Injured
    Pullups: 10 reps @ BW

5-10, 170 16% BF

Pain is weakness leaving the body

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108633751

ManInTheBox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManInTheBox has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Great Topic!

Good luck to everyone!
    Attached Files
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 220

Deadlift: 405
    Bench: 255
    Squat: 365

If it's easy, it's pointless. That goes for eating too, keep eating, even when you think you can't eat anymore.

Bulking All Day Every Day TUnit's Avatar
    TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50) TUnit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Wotw 69

Good luck to all this week.
    Attached Files

baseballer2150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My submission

My submission
    Attached Files