Registered User brayleesmommy09's Avatar
    brayleesmommy09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Need to lose baby weight!!!

I just had a baby three months ago!! I am 19 years old..I weighed 155 to start out and I gained over 80 pounds during my pregnancy... I need help on work outs, nutrition and what to do!! I walk and thats about it!! I have never really had to do much working out!! Im guessing i need to cut out soda and junk food, and do a high protein/low carb diet???
    Any advice from anyone??
    Last edited by brayleesmommy09; 07-12-2009 at 08:55 PM.

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do you have access to weights? I would definitely incorporate some weight training....If you have no weights you could do squats, lunges, push-ups, body dips, run bleachers and others that I can't think of at the moment, sorry, but diet is the main thing make sure you are eating healthy and getting your macros together....also are you breastfeeding? that helps soo much with weight loss!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyntersmom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brayleesmommy09 View Post
    I just had a baby three months ago!! I am 19 years old..I weighed 155 to start out and I gained over 80 pounds during my pregnancy... I need help on work outs, nutrition and what to do!! I walk and thats about it!! I have never really had to do much working out!! Im guessing i need to cut out soda and junk food, and do a high protein/low carb diet???
    Any advice from anyone??
    I had a baby 6 months ago and I'm stuck with the weight loss. I gained 50 lbs. I have 15lbs to go. I've been doing a Keto diet. Look in the Fat loss forums for info. It's basically, low carb, but theres a science to it. I got on it as soon as I stopped breastfeeding about 4 weeks ago. I've lost 8lbs. I also hit the weights 4-5 days a week. If you belong to a gym most have childcare starting at age 3 months. Good luck. Don't give up, it take 21 days to form or break a habit, thats what my MIL always says

momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on your baby and your determination to get in shape.

Strength training and great eating habits will be the key to meeting your goals. That said, I truly understand the difficulty at this time of your baby's age and finding the time and energy to do what you have to do.

My advice would be:

- find what your nutritional intake should be. I'd go with 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat.
    - at your current weight, I'd shoot for 2300 calories a day.
    - get on a strength training program. If you don't have equipment or weights, here's a workout you can do without them.
    http://www.missfitchick.net/AnyTimeAnyWhereWorkout.html
    - try to keep you workouts intense. Just walking is a great start, but it won't get your heartrate up nor will it do much to speed up your metabolism
    - Be sure to eat 5-6 small meals a day
    - drink lots of water
    - Here's some nutritional tips to help you build a program no matter where you are
    http://www.missfitchick.net/Basicsof...nessPart2.html

ShannonBanana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks for those links!

Thanks for those links! Loved 'em!