mrdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just bought Serious Mass from ON

Opened up the tub this morning and was searching inside for the scooper, what I found was more like a shovel, holy s**t! Then I read the directions and it says to use 2 heaping scoops per shake...what?

I had previously been using Real Gains, which had a normal size scooper and 3 scoops equaled a whole serving. But 3 Real Gains scoops wont even fill the Serious Mass scooper 1 time.

It looks like the 2 heaps of SM are quite a bit more cals than 3 scopes of RG, but man....is anyone following SM's instructions? (2 heaps with every meal, and 1 heap between meals. I think with milk a 2 heap serving is 1700 cals). Did I maybe read it wrong?

1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1bigdaddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The scoop in serious mass is the size of a laundry soap scooper! I would suggest starting with one scoop or even half a scoop and work your way up. If you follow the directions on the serious mass tub it is only 8 servings....crazy

hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hot_stuff007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes start by 1/2 a scoop, n work u'r way up.. den all the extra calories will be utilised,as oposed to being stored as fat.

mrdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info. At least I know I'm not crazy...those serving sizes are huge.

Registered User NeverFallinDown's Avatar
    NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mrdon View Post
    Opened up the tub this morning and was searching inside for the scooper, what I found was more like a shovel, holy s**t! Then I read the directions and it says to use 2 heaping scoops per shake...what?

I had previously been using Real Gains, which had a normal size scooper and 3 scoops equaled a whole serving. But 3 Real Gains scoops wont even fill the Serious Mass scooper 1 time.

It looks like the 2 heaps of SM are quite a bit more cals than 3 scopes of RG, but man....is anyone following SM's instructions? (2 heaps with every meal, and 1 heap between meals. I think with milk a 2 heap serving is 1700 cals). Did I maybe read it wrong?
    Dude, I'll tell u from experience, SM gave me a beer gut and I have the fastest metabolism known to man...lol..too much empty calories. I took Vince del Monte's advice and made a home weight gainer..two scoops regular protein, nuts, PB, berries, skim milk, oats, honey..all comes out to about 650-700 clean calories..try it out bro!
    clear eyes..full hearts..can't lose

sXe 4 LIFE

callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) callhoun1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does this seem to work pretty good for you? I have terrible luck running weight gainers, as my body doesnt react very well to them; bloating, nausia, and a ****ty over-all feeling. Im going to give this a go, thanks for the recipe.

Originally Posted by NeverFallinDown View Post
    Dude, I'll tell u from experience, SM gave me a beer gut and I have the fastest metabolism known to man...lol..too much empty calories. I took Vince del Monte's advice and made a home weight gainer..two scoops regular protein, nuts, PB, berries, skim milk, oats, honey..all comes out to about 650-700 clean calories..try it out bro!

Registered User NeverFallinDown's Avatar
    NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NeverFallinDown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by callhoun1 View Post
    Does this seem to work pretty good for you? I have terrible luck running weight gainers, as my body doesnt react very well to them; bloating, nausia, and a ****ty over-all feeling. Im going to give this a go, thanks for the recipe.
    Yeah it definitely works for me..its alot of light ingredients put together so make a heavy shake but its easy to digest and it has more effective nutrients minus the sugar and fat from store weight gainers. Just do two scoops of whey or any type of regular low fat low sugar protein. This is how I gained weight through football season.
    clear eyes..full hearts..can't lose

sXe 4 LIFE

I've never had a problem with weight gainers. You can't rely on them for 100% of your gains...you definitely need to increase food consumption. If you solely rely on the weight gain shakes, then you might get a gut.