flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Incorporating 4X4's into workout

Just did my arms workout yesterday and tried a 4X4 routine for incline db curls (4 full motion, 4 half motion, 4 full motion, 4 half motion). What a workout. Saw it in a thread from fitnessman that should be a sticky.

Does this type of workout have a specific name? Based on the workout I got, I was thinking about doing this type of workout for other body parts. Has anyone used this approach? Is this something that I could do all the time or something that I would do occasionally to shock the muscles.

Still trying to find out what works best for me and what my body responds to best. I'm new to working out "consistently" and still trying to find my groove.

Thanks!

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by flyfish View Post
    Just did my arms workout yesterday and tried a 4X4 routine for incline db curls (4 full motion, 4 half motion, 4 full motion, 4 half motion). What a workout. Saw it in a thread from fitnessman that should be a sticky.

Does this type of workout have a specific name? Based on the workout I got, I was thinking about doing this type of workout for other body parts. Has anyone used this approach? Is this something that I could do all the time or something that I would do occasionally to shock the muscles.

Still trying to find out what works best for me and what my body responds to best. I'm new to working out "consistently" and still trying to find my groove.

Thanks!

That, is half the battle. Hats off to you. You can ask nothing more of yourself then giving 100%.

Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chris_T has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Its sounds like what we used to call "21's" I'm doing a 7-7-7 version of that workout now, actually.

flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fifty+ -- Thanks for the encouragement. Right now running pretty high and enjoying the heck out of it!

Chris_T -- Yeah, that's what we used to call them too. We only did them on our curls, but I wondering if this type of exercise could be done on other body parts. Don't see why not, just wondering if any body ever has...what are the pro's and con's.

All I know is I was really pumped last night and still a little sore today (in a real good way).

Cheers!

a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't try to "find a groove". Change things up. As soon as you get into a groove your groove becomes a rut...and then you lose motivation. I'm new like you and I try to change things up pretty regularly just to keep interested.

Of course I'm simply trying to lose weight and not bulk (not yet at least) so if your goal is getting big my strategy may not fit your application.

Thanks. Still wondering if this could realistically be applied to other exercises?