bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Headaches while training, doubt it is the creatine

OK guys, I doubt the pain in the back of my head while training is from the creatine

Today while doing lat pull-downs the pain in the back of my head came back just as bad as when I was doing the squats, man what the f'ck could this be? It seems when I do high reps it happens, I continued the workout, did heavy weight low reps deadlifts and the pain slowly went away.

It started when I was doing my last set of close grip lat pull-downs, my reps were about 7 or 8. This was my first exercise.

I am actually a little nervous about this now, if it continues I am going to the doc.

I now have a regular headache, put when it happens it is not a regular headache is a serious pain in the back of my skull and it messes with my equilibrium, I feel like I am going to pass out.

Has anyone experience anything like this while training?
    On the list for Bannukah

Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Yes.

Given your history, see a doctor. Physical therapy has been able to help me stabilize my neck and I'm able to stay in the gym. At one point in time, I couldn't walk without vertebrae grinding in my neck, pain, headache, numb hands, loose collarbones, an ache in the throat, nausea, etc. etc.
    I might be out of the woods...

ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000)
    OK guys, I doubt the pain in the back of my head while training is from the creatine

Today while doing lat pull-downs the pain in the back of my head came back just as bad as when I was doing the squats, man what the f'ck could this be? It seems when I do high reps it happens, I continued the workout, did heavy weight low reps deadlifts and the pain slowly went away.

It started when I was doing my last set of close grip lat pull-downs, my reps were about 7 or 8. This was my first exercise.

I am actually a little nervous about this now, if it continues I am going to the doc.

I now have a regular headache, put when it happens it is not a regular headache is a serious pain in the back of my skull and it messes with my equilibrium, I feel like I am going to pass out.

Could be an exertional migraine. I get them all the time while working out and I have to take a beta blocker (Atenol) and after 20 minutes it goes away.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stop complaining and go to the Dr. John!
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree
    if headaches aren't a normal part of your life and then all the sudden they are, then something has changed.
    Go to the Doctor!

Trying to be young again turbomike's Avatar
    turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbomike is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd say DR also. Sounds like a blood pressure issue maybe...
    Mike
    Owner- The Body Shop Gym
    "Lift. Spot..or Leave!"
    "If doesn't matter what kind of car you drive...but how big the arm is hanging out of the window."

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agreed. To the doctor definitely.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by turbomike View Post
    Sounds like a blood pressure issue maybe...
    When I had high blood pressure I would get headaches, I told my doc "my blood pressure is up because I have a headache" he said "no you have a headache because your blood pressure is up." Worth checking IMO.

OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    In the 5 years that I've been training I've been hit by chronic headaches that have lasted weeks. At first I thought I had some weird virus as I'd never had a headache that never when away. It was a throbbing pain in the back of my head that got worse when I worked out.

Eventually it was diagnosed as my neck being out of alignment and a damaged muscle in my upper back which had become permanently tight...this caused tension up through my traps to the base of my skull.... causing the headaches......you might be suffering smething similar.

the answer, and almost immediate relief, was two things..... a couple of visits to a good Chiropractor and Remedial massage for my neck and upper back which released all the tension....... within a week I was a good as new......

OZBB
    Last edited by OZBB; 07-10-2009 at 03:04 PM.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OZBB View Post
    In the 5 years that I've been training I've been hit by chronic headaches that have lasted weeks. At first I thought I had some weird virus as I'd never had a headache that never when away. It was a throbbing pain in the back of my head that got worse when I worked out.

Eventually it was diagnosed as my neck being out of alignment and a damaged muscle in my upper back which had become permanently tight...this caused tension up through my traps to the base of my skull.... causing the headaches......you might be suffering smething similar.

the answer, and almost immediate relief, was two things..... a couple of visits to a good Chiropractor and Remedial massage for my neck and upper back which released all the tension....... within a week I was a good as new......

OZBB
    I think you hit it right on the nose. My left clavicle is f'cked up, causing me to baby it whenever I train and it has been causing me pain all the way to my trap up to the side of my neck I can't really look to the left without pain on my neck

I didn't think about this but now it is making sense. Thanks man, maybe after my surgery on the clavicle the headaches will go away as well.
    On the list for Bannukah

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am not going to argue with the see a doctor crowd, but! There is always a but! LOL

Last summer for a period of about two weeks I was getting those when doing squats or deads and almost blacked out once. As luck would have it I tweaked my back around that time and needed to take a few weeks off. When I returned to lifting the problem never (so far) came back.

Probably of no help to you, but that is my story and I am sticking to it!
    I'm a sad little man

OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you hit it right on the nose. My left clavicle is f'cked up, causing me to baby it whenever I train and it has been causing me pain all the way to my trap up to the side of my neck I can't really look to the left without pain on my neck

I didn't think about this but now it is making sense. Thanks man, maybe after my surgery on the clavicle the headaches will go away as well.
    ...yes, thats it... I also had that problem, couldnt turn my head to the right, when I did I got a stabbing pain between my shoulder blades.... thats where the muscle was tight..... while your waiting for your surgery, I'd recommend you have that remedial massage.... you might need to have more than one to release the tight muscle but it'll keep you going until the surgery.

good luck...

OZBB

ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz ZBlacktt has the mod powerz
    Yep, after reading your first post. I was going to say it was probably a stress or tension headache from intensity. I've gotten those as well from time to time. It happens right in the middle of the reps where your neck muscle instantly flex's so hard you feel this sharp migraine headache instantly come on. When it happens to me, my work out is done. Even a day later it can still effect me. Soon as I go to lift or push something and I get the slightest tension in that area ( neck, back of head ). I can feel the throbbing pain come right back. When I'm on creatine and get headaches. I know right a way if it's due to dehydration. A cotton mouth is the first sign while working out. Or needing a drink of water after near every set.
    US Marine Corps Vet 8 years ( 92/00 ) - Semper Fi - ★cVc★

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    all guesswork: normally, I would agree with tension headaches, or exertional migraines....however, we know John's history and the damage he sustained with the car accident.....

a doctor's visit would be the wisest thing right now...
    Last edited by JOHN GARGANI; 07-11-2009 at 12:50 PM.

oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oceangoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it happens to me too sometimes, specially when i am real pushing hard. i am on creatine as well. but i guess if it was related to creatine it wouldnt hit during workouts only. better see a doctor mate, could be something serious.