tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question basketball practice & questions

I'm training right now to play 1 guard at a junior college, and every once in awhile me and my brother will go to the rec center and play 1v1, I seem to be able to defend him pretty well but I simply cannot score. I'm just slightly taller then him but he blocks every shot and keeps snatching the ball away from me while I'm dribbling.

Also a big thing is I weigh 230lbs and hes 180.

Anything in particular you guys recommend for me to stop getting owned on offense?

I'm sorry Misc Jackson bizmark007's Avatar
    bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bizmark007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    stats: 6 feet 230 lbs, you overweight or just really swole? (serious)

work on your ball handling skills, develop hesitations,crossovers,spin moves,etc,when dribbling protect the ball from the defender by using your non-dribbling hand and arm

if u dont wanna get blocked,pump fake to get the defender in the air,then shoot

since you outweigh your bro by 50 lbs develop a post game and a hook shot to dominate over him
    ASK BEAVIS I GET NOTHIN BUT HEAD!!!!

..The Society..

tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tmshck122 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bizmark007 View Post
    stats: 6 feet 230 lbs, you overweight or just really swole? (serious)

work on your ball handling skills, develop hesitations,crossovers,spin moves,etc,when dribbling protect the ball from the defender by using your non-dribbling hand and arm

if u dont wanna get blocked,pump fake to get the defender in the air,then shoot

since you outweigh your bro by 50 lbs develop a post game and a hook shot to dominate over him
    Overweight, but working on it. I try to pump fake, crossover, everything, he just stands still like he knows exactly what I'm gonna do.
    Last edited by tmshck122; 05-30-2009 at 04:17 PM.

NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tendencies?

Originally Posted by tmshck122 View Post
    Overweight, but working on it. I try to pump fake, crossover, everything, he just stands still like he knows exactly what I'm gonna do.
    I don't play basketball and I suck at basketball, but I do understand sports. Everyone has certain tendencies, in football my team runs the Triple Option 85% of the time. So when someone plays are team what is their defense based around defending? The Triple Option.

You have got to become more unpredictable in you game. Develop certain skills such as like someone mentioned a hook shot, a fade away jumper, and some more fancy ball handling skills. Bring something to you game that will be unexpected.
    Squat:500
    Bench: 355
    C/J:290

Before/Current/Goals

500/--/600
    305/355/410
    245/290/320

Weight
    280/282/250
    29%/--/15%

DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLegasy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ur a big dude... so play like a big dude. Forget crossovers and beating ur man off the dribble... that's idiotic for you to do against someone smaller and faster. Would shaq try to crossover dwade? Use what God gave you and play down low in the post. I'm short as **** but am big and heavy... if I can post up my 6ft friend and dominate him... you'll look like kareem next to ur bro

skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000) skillz17 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lose some weight and work on ball handling, speed and explosivness if you are planning to play guard. You've got 20lbs on me dude and i play SF/PF.
    Personal bests (all 4 lifts in a single session):
    Incline bench: 265lbs x 5 x 4
    Squat: 360 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift: 420 x 5 x 4
    Standing overhead press: 180 x 5 x 4

33" vert, 4.8 40yrd dash, 10.95s 100m sprint, 59s 400m sprint
    amateur mma fighter
    reads a lot crew

slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50) slalomx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is a junior college actually looking at you or is that just something you'd like to do?

Also, if you're saying you want to play point guard, you'd better lose some weight and become the best ball handler on the team.

And if you want to beat your brother, I'd suggest becoming a great shooter. Easiest way to kill someone at 1 on 1 is to be able to shoot from long range. That way you don't use up a lot of energy trying to do all these moves, just become a very fast quick draw shot and learn to shoot with someone in your face. Of course if he then comes to play you tight every time an explosive first step will get you a cream puff layup everytime.

If you have sixty bucks you could get Better Basketball's shooting and 1on1 DVD's which are excellent.

Originally Posted by slalomx View Post
    Is a junior college actually looking at you or is that just something you'd like to do?

Also, if you're saying you want to play point guard, you'd better lose some weight and become the best ball handler on the team.

And if you want to beat your brother, I'd suggest becoming a great shooter. Easiest way to kill someone at 1 on 1 is to be able to shoot from long range. That way you don't use up a lot of energy trying to do all these moves, just become a very fast quick draw shot and learn to shoot with someone in your face. Of course if he then comes to play you tight every time an explosive first step will get you a cream puff layup everytime.

If you have sixty bucks you could get Better Basketball's shooting and 1on1 DVD's which are excellent.
    It's my dream. As of right now I'm losing weight pretty good and training hard so I think I should be ok.
    R.I.P "K." - 09/08/09