dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Almonds vs. Peanuts?

I'm just wondering, are almonds a lot better to eat than peanuts or does it make much of a difference?

And also, I can't find it online anywhere but how would the nutritional content of hickory smoke almonds differ from plain blanched almonds?

ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    off the top of my head...no idea
    but go here and you could probably find out
    www.calorieking.com

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive always come to believe that peanuts are trash compared to the others , probably why they are the cheapest...

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Almonds
    risk nothing, gain nothing

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Almonds. Strictly speaking, peanuts are not even nuts, they are legumes.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    almonds > peanuts > cashews.

Cashews do taste the best

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've read that it was possible to live off nothing but peanuts and corn...

Don't quote me on that...
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post

I know one guy who lived for years (from early childhood to his 20s) on Coke and Bourbon cream biscuits. While you'd never pick him for the Olympics, he wasn't obviously unhealthy either. But now that he's in his 40s, he had a pile of health problems. I got him to try a relaxed keto diet, and he's been able to drop some of his medication.

Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Teacher77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dolphingurl View Post
    I'm just wondering, are almonds a lot better to eat than peanuts or does it make much of a difference?

And also, I can't find it online anywhere but how would the nutritional content of hickory smoke almonds differ from plain blanched almonds?
    Almonds have a lot less carbs than peanuts. In fact, peanuts differ from other nuts (almonds, brasil nuts, cashews, etc.). They're more of a legume than a nut. But it's still a low carb food (about 10% of the calories).

But from the strict point of dieting, almonds and peanuts have about the same (fairly high!) caloric content, both have a little protein and a lot of healthy w-6 fats. Therefore, added to a meal, both garantee a slow digestion. But both can also be very easily overeaten. I recommend measuring them with care.

Also, hickory smoked almonds differ very little in calories, might have a little more carbs, but certainly have a hell lot of salt added.
    Last edited by Teacher77; 10-06-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My peanuts have 1 carb per serving...so I end up eating them alot more than my 2 carb per serving almonds

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Don't quote me on that...

I had a friend in college who thought you could live on potato chips and diet soda.

He also insisted that if you got Miller Lite beer to near freezing you could lose weight just from the digestion-instead of doing his thermodynamics homework he "worked" up those calculations- he didn't make it through engineering school either come to think of it.

dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dolphingurl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the replies. I am measuring so I'm not concerned about the calorie content as I'm ensuring it fits within what I'm aiming for.

I was just wondering more in a strict sense of 'better nutrition' I suppose so to speak.

That's interesting though peanuts aren't actually a nut, I had no idea that was the case.

So today I went out and bought some blanched almonds... what type of almonds are all you guys eating? To me these really don't have much taste at all. Peanuts taste a thousand times better!

I'm still wondering on the Hickory Smoke almonds? I've tried them and they're really good but does the 'hickory smoke' make them a bad choice? Would those just basically be higher in sodium content?

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dolphingurl View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I am measuring so I'm not concerned about the calorie content as I'm ensuring it fits within what I'm aiming for.

I was just wondering more in a strict sense of 'better nutrition' I suppose so to speak.

That's interesting though peanuts aren't actually a nut, I had no idea that was the case.

So today I went out and bought some blanched almonds... what type of almonds are all you guys eating? To me these really don't have much taste at all. Peanuts taste a thousand times better!

I'm still wondering on the Hickory Smoke almonds? I've tried them and they're really good but does the 'hickory smoke' make them a bad choice? Would those just basically be higher in sodium content?
    I eat dry roasted almonds, I have never heard of 'blanched' almonds Cant get enough of em, but be cautious of the carbs in them. Theres 9g of carbs per 100g in my almonds.
    risk nothing, gain nothing

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat unblanched, and yes, they are boring

But dolphingurl - If I remember correctly, you're bulking, right? In which case, minute little details like this shouldn't really matter. What SHOULD matter is ultimately, calories in vs. calories out. With your metabolism, I'm sure you could get away with eating peanuts or hickory smoked almonds and still gain muscle. But if you stress and worry over little details like this, you'll just end up raising your cortisol levels and may end up gaining some unwanted fat.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

I eat unblanched, and yes, they are boring

But dolphingurl - If I remember correctly, you're bulking, right? In which case, minute little details like this shouldn't really matter. What SHOULD matter is ultimately, calories in vs. calories out. With your metabolism, I'm sure you could get away with eating peanuts or hickory smoked almonds and still gain muscle. But if you stress and worry over little details like this, you'll just end up raising your cortisol levels and may end up gaining some unwanted fat.
    For sure, I know the little tiny differences aren't really going to matter. I'd prefer to eat almonds for other (kinda silly reasons - just a bit easier to measure count/transport...) but the blanched just kind of taste blah. Maybe if I roast them in the over though..I'll try and that and if not, then really like you said it isn't going to be the end of the world either way I don't think.

Toss them into a bag with a little olive oil and some tabasco or curry spices. Salt optional. Shake well, and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake in a medium oven for 5-10 minutes (check frequently). Improves them no end, and you get a little extra oil.

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Toss them into a bag with a little olive oil and some tabasco or curry spices. Salt optional. Shake well, and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake in a medium oven for 5-10 minutes (check frequently). Improves them no end, and you get a little extra oil.
    Thanks for the idea! That sounds pretty good and probably help improve the taste a lot - or at least give them more flavor.

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I love you...will you marry me?

Oh wait...Im already married
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000) Deviant Dingo is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was told at a health food store cooking the nuts changes the value of their oils and is bad idea... Is this true? ive always thought raw nuts were the best option
    Member of the Skeleton Crew

Aus Crew

Originally Posted by Andrew69 View Post
    I love you...will you marry me?

Oh wait...Im already married
    So am I.

Noblerunnerx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Peanut is more better then almonds

As compare with nutrition values peanut-butter-bodybuilding is much better.

EricWillson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In my opinion almonds are much better than peanut.