Registered User stephenmontoya5's Avatar
    stephenmontoya5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Calorie Intake Question...

Hello
    I'm wondering if the 'Calculate Your Recommended Calorie Intake!' page on here where it says 'If weight gain is your goal, increase the maintenance by 500.' are they talking about building muscle? cause if i wanted to 'gain weight' id go back to eating like pig sitting around smoking pot lol. i weigh 142lb 5'9" and workout 5-6 times a week to build muscle. so it says 2,555 calorie intake recommended add 500 more if you want to give my body what it needs to grow? Im all new to this proper dieting and nutrition so i can really use all the info i get, so feel free to elaborate extensively lol

thanks

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by stephenmontoya5 View Post
    if weight gain is your goal, increase the maintenance by 500.' are they talking about building muscle?
    Yes, though be aware that when bulking (to add muscle) an amount of fat is inevitably added too. The idea of adding a low number to your maintenance (usually 250-500) is to try and minimize fat gain. Also be aware its easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle. Good luck.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gain muscle = weight gain.

Don't use the number "500 calories" but use percentages instead.

If you want to gain weight (aka muscle mass) while minimizing the fat gain, it's called a "clean bulk". If you don't care about gaining weight fast, with a non negligible amount of fat it's called a "dirty bulk".

Clean bulk = eat 10-20% above maintenace (=TDEE)

Dirty bulk = eat a lot above TDEE to gain weight fast (but also a good amount of fat).

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by stephenmontoya5 View Post
    Hello
    I'm wondering if the 'Calculate Your Recommended Calorie Intake!' page on here where it says 'If weight gain is your goal, increase the maintenance by 500.' are they talking about building muscle? cause if i wanted to 'gain weight' id go back to eating like pig sitting around smoking pot lol. i weigh 142lb 5'9" and workout 5-6 times a week to build muscle. so it says 2,555 calorie intake recommended add 500 more if you want to give my body what it needs to grow? Im all new to this proper dieting and nutrition so i can really use all the info i get, so feel free to elaborate extensively lol

thanks
    No of course not, they mean gain fat, because everyone comes here looking for how to gain fat.

Is this a serious question ?
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain