Class1Noob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will I lose a lot of muscle?

I've never worked out more than a 3 week period and right when I wasa going to start a program, I broke my arm. I am unable to do any upperbody weights and have decided I want to cut. If I'm only doing cardio and maybe a couple leg weights a week, will I lose much muscle? I don't have much in the first place but from what I've read, I'll definitely lose if i'm not lifting to maintain.

BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you've never worked out for longer than 3 weeks consistantly, than you don't have any considerable muscle worth losing, so why would you cut?
    BB.com OG
    2k+
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173319421

Originally Posted by BaGeL23 View Post
    If you've never worked out for longer than 3 weeks consistantly, than you don't have any considerable muscle worth losing, so why would you cut?
    To lose fat

BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Class1Noob View Post
    To lose fat
    Then go ahead and do as much cardio as you want.
    BB.com OG
    2k+
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173319421

Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I've never worked out more than a 3 week period and right when I wasa going to start a program, I broke my arm. I am unable to do any upperbody weights and have decided I want to cut. If I'm only doing cardio and maybe a couple leg weights a week, will I lose much muscle? I don't have much in the first place but from what I've read, I'll definitely lose if i'm not lifting to maintain.
    why the hell is everybody worried about cutting and bulking? you aren't training for a competition, and to top that off you have a broken arm. just rough it out, eat very clean + above maitenance. throw in some cardio if you wish, but honestly it will limit you from gaining weight.

since u have a broken arm, now is the perfect time to focus on perfecting your diet, not ****ing around with cut/bulk. i assume you weightlift to look better..since you are looking to do the most you can to look better even with a broken arm..look at your diet

doug21

Originally Posted by Doug21 View Post
    why the hell is everybody worried about cutting and bulking? you aren't training for a competition, and to top that off you have a broken arm. just rough it out, eat very clean + above maitenance. throw in some cardio if you wish, but honestly it will limit you from gaining weight.

since u have a broken arm, now is the perfect time to focus on perfecting your diet, not ****ing around with cut/bulk. i assume you weightlift to look better..since you are looking to do the most you can to look better even with a broken arm..look at your diet

doug21
    What if I'm willing to tweak my diet by cutting and cleaner? I thought cutting your calories and doing cardio was important to lose weight but I keep hearing about how you'll lose muscle if you aren't lifting, but I have seldom lifted in the first place...

Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500) Doug21 is not very helpful. (-500)
    What if I'm willing to tweak my diet by cutting and cleaner? I thought cutting your calories and doing cardio was important to lose weight but I keep hearing about how you'll lose muscle if you aren't lifting, but I have seldom lifted in the first place...
    first off, it will help if you provide us with height/weight. and if you have seldom lifted, you explained it yourself, you have nothing to lose, so go for it.

first off, it will help if you provide us with height/weight. and if you have seldom lifted, you explained it yourself, you have nothing to lose, so go for it.
    6'0 and 170lbs. None of that breaking up muscle to burn calories will occur?

Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jeepguy099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have never lifted, I doubt the amount of muscle you will lose will be substantial. If you really think you need to lose bodyfat, then go for it.

6'0 and 170lbs. None of that breaking up muscle to burn calories will occur?
    don't try to lose weight. this will halt you when you start weightlifting again. eat well and over maitenance and do cardio, but only do cardio because you probably dont have any muscle to lose and you cant weight lift at the moment.

don't try to lose weight. this will halt you when you start weightlifting again. eat well and over maitenance and do cardio, but only do cardio because you probably dont have any muscle to lose and you cant weight lift at the moment.
    Is there any way to change my body composition without losing weight at the time being? Is it possible to lose body fat yet stay relatively at the same weight?

Registered User BeaucoupDeMuscle's Avatar
    BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeaucoupDeMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Class1Noob.

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Schpasm View Post
    Class1Noob.
    sigh.