Hey guys here's this awesome pizza frittata recipe. If you've been craving pizza during your keto diet, Then this is for you !
Takes about an hour to prepare and make it.
* 12 eggs
* 2 T water (can use milk, cream, or half and half as desired)
* 3 T olive oil
* 2 medium green peppers (2 1/2 inches X 2 3/4 inches), chopped
* 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
* 4 oz pepperoni, chopped (buy it presliced or just use the peperoni sticks that you should already have if you're on keto ;P)
* 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings (Or oregeno)
* Garlic seasoning (Or you can use cloves of garlic if you really like garlic)
* salt and peppers
* 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (They've got stuff with part skim milk)
* 1 cup sugar-free pasta sauce 1.4 ( I used pellegrinos zesty pizza sauce - .3 Carbs !)
How to cook:
1. Heat some oil up in a large ovenproof skillet ( if not ovenproof.. Some skillets you're able to unscrew and take off the plastic handle) And try not to use too much oil.. Just enough to make the skillet wet.
2. Saute green peppers, mushrooms, and pepperoni for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute. Or skip that minute if you're using garlic powder.. and just Add oregano, salt, and pepper with it &Stir it good!
3. Whisk eggs and the olive oil, and the water together. Add more salt and pepper. Pour mixture into pan.
4. (Cook on low flame !) Mix egg mixture as it cooks, so cooked "curds" are distributed throughout. Stop mixing after like 2-3 minutes and let it form into a solid base. This can take up to another 5 minutes of cooking or more. By now it should be have enough "body" to float some pasta sauce on the top. Do so, and then add the cheese. ( Also if it's still just a little bit runny on top of the egg mixture before you add the sauce.. Don't worry about it.. Add the sauce &cheese anyways..The rest of it will be cooked in the broiler)
5. Put the frittata under the broiler to brown the top. It Should take from 3-5 minutes to brown. Check it often or the cheese will start to get crispy blackish and then it will start burning.
6. Eat and enjoy !
Nutritional Information: The entire thing has (Fat = 154 g/ Protein = 130 g/Carbs = 39 g) And a total of 2162 calories. You should be able to cut it into 8 slices. Each piece contains 19.2/16.2/4.8 with 270 calories.
Thread: Pizza Frittata !! (pic too)