skateforkrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need help with my eating routine

I am not new at lifting but in the past my eating habits have been horrible i have beeen reading this forum for as long as i can trying to get advice and this is what i have so far

I want to gain mass as much as possible for im about 6"1 and around 180lbs

Morning-oatmeal or cereal with some fruit most likely an apple or grapes(honey bunches of oats) i know its still not the best but since i dont do the shopping i have few choices

mid morning- gym then protien shake with mass fusion

lunch- again cereal/oatmeal with more fruit and vegtables random ammounts tho

snack- an apple/grapes/ canned vegtables if we have them

Dinner- Ussually pasta with chicken

although it is not as strict as i want it to be i dont have much access to buying what ever i want cuz im only 17

i know it may sound noobish so be harsh for i will take as much critism

i hear cottage cheese is great so am hopeing to buy mass ammount to eat throughout the day aslo Fist oil pills are great for amino acids

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by skateforkrew View Post
    I am not new at lifting but in the past my eating habits have been horrible i have beeen reading this forum for as long as i can trying to get advice and this is what i have so far

I want to gain mass as much as possible for im about 6"1 and around 180lbs

Morning-oatmeal or cereal with some fruit most likely an apple or grapes(honey bunches of oats) i know its still not the best but since i dont do the shopping i have few choices

mid morning- gym then protien shake with mass fusion

lunch- again cereal/oatmeal with more fruit and vegtables random ammounts tho

snack- an apple/grapes/ canned vegtables if we have them

Dinner- Ussually pasta with chicken

although it is not as strict as i want it to be i dont have much access to buying what ever i want cuz im only 17

i know it may sound noobish so be harsh for i will take as much critism

i hear cottage cheese is great so am hopeing to buy mass ammount to eat throughout the day aslo Fist oil pills are great for amino acids
    Because you're 17 and you're probably living with your parents (I hope I'm not assuming too much here, no offense), I wouldn't go all out on a strict meal plan. Do yourself a favor and READ nutrition books and this forum so that you have a solid understand of what nutrition really is. If you just take food ideas from people on this forum, you'll get by, but you may never really know why you eat what you eat. In addition, you can use this knowledge to help keep your family healthier. I know that my fanaticism for health when I was younger has pushed my parents in a positive direction, and they've kept on it, which is great.

General tips:
    -Eat different foods, don't stick to the same stuff every day. Experiment, try new things, read nutrition labels. If you do live at home, go grocery shopping with your parents.

-Looking at your diet I don't really see any fats. Try adding mixed (unsalted, raw or dry roasted) between your meals, or to meals like oatmeal, cereal or salads. Fat is IMPORTANT, make sure you read why and understand the different kinds of fats that foods contain.

-Eat WHOLE foods. Apples instead of applesauce, baked potato instead of potato salad, etc. Anything that you buy in its complete form, not something that was processed in a factory with a bunch of additives.

Last but not least, cottage cheese IS great, but if you did some reading, you'd understand WHY it's great. It also usually has a downside, too, in that it's very high sodium.

....and fish oil isn't great for amino acids. In fact all fish oil contains ZERO amino acids. Amino acids are what make up proteins. Fish oil is 100% fat.