Thread: bench and squat

8bushido8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bench and squat

you don't have to agree with me. . .just a lil personal observation

am I the only one who feels like there whole body grows when they squat and bench??

I can do concentration and isolation exercises but I feel like I am gaining most mass when I am on the bench or in the squat rack. . .also when I am deadlifting or power cleaning.

I don't know if there is any scientific proof but does anyone else feel like this?
    warrior code

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    heavy compund movements = growth, it's as simple as that
    Booo

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    heavy compund movements = growth, it's as simple as that
    Bump

Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man-Mountain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    double bump

bump again, I want to hear more on this

more opinions
    warrior code

MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MJSbossman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by 8bushido8
    bump again, I want to hear more on this

more opinions
    It's true. Add deadlifts, and you'll grow even more.

More weight and more muscles used=more test and GH released
    19 years old, 6', 210lbs (11%bf)

what do you mean by test and gh?
    warrior code

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    what do you mean by test and gh?
    testosterone and growth hormone
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool

I want to hear more on this more opinions
    there are no more opinions, thats just the way it is
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by V5RED [/i]
    [B]lets say ronnie is a pepperoni and sausage pizza

The crust is thick and firm, not too soft not too hard, just right to chew the cheese is thick and gooey but not sloppy and no oil pools the pepperonis and sausage bits are perfectly evenly spaced out and taste great the sauce is full of flavor and a perfect blend of tomato and spices
    but, covering the middle of the pizza in a circle that takes up half the pizza
    is a giant turd. Will you eat the pizza? or will you pick a pizza that has everything together even tho its not as amazing as the first pizza, because unlike the first pizza it has no turd on it
    a distended gut on an otherwise amazing phisique is like a giant turd on an otherwise perfect pizza [/B][/QUOTE]

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump to my post and the previous bumps

Originally posted by Ciups
    there are no more opinions, thats just the way it is

bump
    Booo

well cool

just was making sure that I wasn't the only one that felt like this

I can do a good day of squat and walk out of the weight room feeling like my whole body got a workout

truly an awesome feeling
    warrior code

Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I remember reading some article about how to gain size on your arms if you felt they were lagging...and it said to do heavy squats. Think it was in Flex or something.

AoW

JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My legs have always been a little more developed then the rest of my body. But I always did legs because I am too a believer of test / GH release when you do legs because they are the biggest muscle in your body. After a good leg workout I have a hard time sitting down on the toilet for the next couple days due to soreness.
    John

Athlete84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that's why when it comes to growth squat and deadlift are the main exercises to have in count.

Originally posted by JohnY
    My legs have always been a little more developed then the rest of my body. But I always did legs because I am too a believer of test / GH release when you do legs because they are the biggest muscle in your body. After a good leg workout I have a hard time sitting down on the toilet for the next couple days due to soreness.
    wow serious?

isn't that pushing it a lil too much?
    warrior code

jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it is very true i have been told this by many people and it has worked for me

the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) the sipher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

You observations are correct. Most mutlijoint exercises help the entire body to grow i.e. squats, bench presses, deadlifts. Research has shown that these types of exercises release growth hormones throughout the entire body. So in essence we should all be doing at least these three exercises.