WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeikiWeiki is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to fix the "gamers hunch"? Back problem..

My posture is awful because I have a hunch on my back from sitting poorly and playing a lot of games, browsing the net with poor posture all the time. What are the best actions to take to fix this?

I have been forcing myself to stand up straight and sit up straight disregarding the pain, but what about resistance training? I do Squats/Benching/assisted pullups and a few other compound lifts as my regular routine but I'm not sure to continue them if they will somehow hurt my posture.

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks!

OMG_ITs_CoCo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Yeah, I have the same issues. I still game, which makes it really hard to focus on posture because after a while I just forget. I suggest just writing something on the back of your hand to remind you while sitting at the computer/gaming. Me being a PC gamer, I just have a sticky note on my monitor that I basically can't ignore unless I get really sucked in (lol tf2).

What is nice for me, is that I have to stand all the time while at work so I constantly try and focus on standing tall and not slouching. I'm still working on it, but I hear stretching can really help with some bad posture issues. GL on correcting your posture!

Keep gaming It's good for the soul!

lamx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm also a big gamer but I've never had posture or back/shoulder/neck pain because I'm also a gym addict.

You should include many back and shoulder exercices in your workout like shrugs, many types of rows and deadlift. Of course, start light

RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoccoTanno123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rows, rows, rows, and face pulls. Make sure to stretch your chest, shoulders, and back.

Here's a pretty good link with exercises and a routine. Don't neglect reading parts I, II, and III, too. http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...o_more_part_iv

WhiteAfricanSpaceChrist peteskeys's Avatar
    peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OMG_ITs_CoCo View Post
    Yeah, I have the same issues. I still game, which makes it really hard to focus on posture because after a while I just forget. I suggest just writing something on the back of your hand to remind you while sitting at the computer/gaming. Me being a PC gamer, I just have a sticky note on my monitor that I basically can't ignore unless I get really sucked in (lol tf2).

What is nice for me, is that I have to stand all the time while at work so I constantly try and focus on standing tall and not slouching. I'm still working on it, but I hear stretching can really help with some bad posture issues. GL on correcting your posture!

Keep gaming It's good for the soul!
    lol, tf2?? CoD2 ftw.