tough little manlet CrossfitBJJ's Avatar
    CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Resistance bands

I don't know where to start =X

Should I just grab a pair of #2
    Does this mean each band will resist 10 to 50lbs for example on #2

http://www.prowriststraps.com/bands_...t_lifting_band
    o:

notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000)
    you're not ready for bands

endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by notsostrong View Post
    you're not ready for bands
    this.

jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmt92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    this.
    this x2.

mainly IMO due to the fact that you want to use them for things like clean and jerks and lifts of that nature rather than squats,deadlifts, or bench....

edit:just saw some stuff in your other thread on using them for oly movements, which brings me to say that you are most likely not experinced enough to be using bands or chains for oly movements just yet.Especially if you don't have a coach to show you the correct way of doing so.
    Last edited by test_titan92; 07-01-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    We the type of crew, to get fresh just to sit in the living room.-Bill O'Reilly

Kuchi Kopi Alliance

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Olympic lifting ring?

Do you mean a platform?

easiest thing in the world to make, look up the instructions on ironmind

CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CrossfitBJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by test_titan92 View Post
    this x2.

mainly IMO due to the fact that you want to use them for things like clean and jerks and lifts of that nature rather than squats,deadlifts, or bench....

edit:just saw some stuff in your other thread on using them for oly movements, which brings me to say that you are most likely not experinced enough to be using bands or chains for oly movements just yet.Especially if you don't have a coach to show you the correct way of doing so.
    i dont want to use bands for clean and jerks? LOL
    And using chains for cleans and presses helps in MMA.

And I didn't get the idea of me wanting to use chains on oly lifts
    But a guy linked me this to show me i'm not crazy.
    Skip to :58 I don't even plan on doing that btw.
    Last edited by CrossfitBJJ; 07-01-2009 at 12:58 PM.
    o:

notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000)
    travis mash is a super elite powerlifter. not a beginner like you.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    travis mash is also a crazy person.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

what do you not understand?
    I want to use bands for bench and squat and deadlift
    clean and presses with chains.

that's it.
    You're making it seem like i'm such a ****ing noob whos been lifting for a week, And shouldn't use some resistance bands for my bench.
    I've been clean and pressing for a few months now, And I want to try something a little different so I want the weight to rise as I bring it up for a bit of a challenge.
    What's wrong with that? Just answer my ****ing post and leave it at that.
    Last edited by CrossfitBJJ; 07-01-2009 at 01:24 PM.
    o:

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CrossfitBJJ View Post
    what do you not understand?
    I want to use bands for bench and squat and deadlift
    clean and presses with chains.

that's it.
    You're making it seem like i'm such a ****ing noob whos been lifting for a week, And shouldn't use some resistance bands for my bench.
    I've been clean and pressing for a few months now, And I want to try something a little different so I want the weight to rise as I bring it up for a bit of a challenge.
    What's wrong with that? Just answer my ****ing post and leave it at that.
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

no.

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    aside from "making it more of a challenge", what are you specifically looking to gain by using chains on the clean and press? Do you even know? Do you really think that you can press significantly more weight than you can clean? You don't have a clue. You are a noob. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are ****ing lost.

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

no.
    lol k tough guy, i'll ask at my gym than.
    at least they will have the courtesy to introduce me to it.
    i figured BB.com would be a good place to ask, but i guess i came across a half assed person like yourself
    o:

Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post
    aside from "making it more of a challenge", what are you specifically looking to gain by using chains on the clean and press? Do you even know? Do you really think that you can press significantly more weight than you can clean? You don't have a clue. You are a noob. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are ****ing lost.
    if you say i'm a noob and i'm lost, why don't you explain what I need to know instead of bashing me
    o:

lol k tough guy, i'll ask at my gym than.
    at least they will have the courtesy to introduce me to it.
    i figured BB.com would be a good place to ask, but i guess i came across a half assed person like yourself
    awwww, someone's a petulant teenager. awesome.

awwww, someone's a petulant teenager. awesome.
    well it's not that, it's just i'm trying to get a little bit advice, obviously if i'm doing something wrong someone would correct me and help me so ya know?
    o:

well it's not that, it's just i'm trying to get a little bit advice, obviously if i'm doing something wrong someone would correct me and help me so ya know?
    your question was answered and advice was given. it just wasn't what you wanted to hear, so you're throwing a tantrum.

You do not have the pre-requisites to train with bands, you will not be able to effectively utilize them.

give it the **** up.

your question was answered and advice was given. it just wasn't what you wanted to hear, so you're throwing a tantrum.

You do not have the pre-requisites to train with bands, you will not be able to effectively utilize them.

give it the **** up.
    Wanna explain why they will not be effective with me?
    And i'm not throwing a tantrum, I'm just trying to find an answer i'm hoping your going to give me why I should not use them yet. I'm just not looking for the answer ' you're not ready ', I just wanna know why so I can at least know when I will be able to.
    o:

And i'm not throwing a tantrum, I'm just trying to find an answer i'm hoping your going to give me why I should not use them yet. I'm just not looking for the answer ' you're not ready ', I just wanna know why so I can at least know when I will be able to.

no.

do some homework.

no.

do some homework.
    alright sure thing
    not being sarcastic btw, i'm sure theres other things I can do before I head to bands
    Last edited by CrossfitBJJ; 07-01-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    o:

uh huh.

funny how you went from being all full of piss and vinegar and calling people "tough guy"

to....agreeing with me and everyone else who posted.

endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2 reasons.

1st: You still need time with a straight barbell to get your techinque spot on, and you will still be able to progress using straight weight. Bands will just complicate things for you

2nd: Bands are better suited to people who use gear. they can still increase your raw strength, but unless your sticking point is the top half of the bench, squat or deadlift....they wont help that much

Travis mashed failed as an olympic lifter didnt he?

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

why does it not surprise me that a 17 year old, 160 pound guy with the username "crossfitBJJ", is responsible for these antics?

You are the embodiment of everything I commonly associate with training like an idiot and/or acting like an idiot in this forum.

amiriteguise?

Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post
    why does it not surprise me that a 17 year old, 160 pound guy with the username "crossfitBJJ", is responsible for these antics?

You are the embodiment of everything I commonly associate with training like an idiot and/or acting like an idiot in this forum.

amiriteguise?
    I can't compete in smaller weight classes and want to try new things to increase my strength?
    o:

uh huh.

funny how you went from being all full of piss and vinegar and calling people "tough guy"

to....agreeing with me and everyone else who posted.
    I started to agree with you because you were starting to actually explain, instead of ' no not rdy k '
    o:

Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    2 reasons.

1st: You still need time with a straight barbell to get your techinque spot on, and you will still be able to progress using straight weight. Bands will just complicate things for you

2nd: Bands are better suited to people who use gear. they can still increase your raw strength, but unless your sticking point is the top half of the bench, squat or deadlift....they wont help that much

Travis mashed failed as an olympic lifter didnt he?
    this is the kinda answer i would prefer than simple no's
    o:

boys we got problem SquatzAndPuke's Avatar
    SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000) SquatzAndPuke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh god I love threads like this, it's like watching tv except without commercials.
    Loggage:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121377021

"If I have to chew through someone's a$$hole to get to their balls, I will go back for seconds if that means a better chance at winning." -Arlecchino

trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trap-bar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im shocked arllechino didnt end this thread. correct me if im wrong but it was newbtime a while ago who made a thread about how arllechino always end the fun threads wasn't it
    DO WHAT HAS TO BE DONE.

DO IT WHEN IT HAS TO BE DONE.

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

DO IT THAT WAY ALL THE TIME.

qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwark1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey guys i was thinking about using a canvas suit with bands and chains to a box for some top work. is this a good idea? i can squat 350 raw.

PumpAction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpAction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpAction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpAction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I'm not an olympic lifter Nor do i feel you need to be a lifting god to use bands or chains ( like others think you have to prove yourself to use them lol..?) I have a whole set of them. They helped me break through my plateau on bench and squat. Don't use them much anymore but when i level out again i'll crack back into them. They help a lot with stability, and resistance increments at different levels of the lift; thus causing your muscles to react differently and grow. you don't need to bench 600lbs and squat 800 lbs to use them lol.. It's just somthing different to help you grow in new ways. For you if you bench, squat and dead around 200ish for reps i would use the #3s i think they might be like 25-75 lbs added resistance at the last 10-25% of the lift and do a few concentration reps and maybe bump up to the 4s for lighter plate weight. I wouldn't use them on every muscle group work out though. maybe once every other workout. The heavy bands got my bench up another 40lbs for 5 reps in about 3 months. Form in any of those power lifts is key though. i wouldn't use the bands if your form is off. as for chains i think they're goofy. i've tried them before and felt the balance can get way off and feel lop sided. not just I who has had that problem. Remember though when using the bands you might be better off lowering what you normaly rep with the bar and plates by about 20% then add the bands