davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davpet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HELP : I can't get back into Ketosis

I have been following a ketogenic for 8 months (on and off, i'd go for a month and then fall off for a week or two).

In the beginning, i was losing at least 2lbs per week and my keto sticks were turning a dark purple.

Now, i'm losing less than a pound a week, and my keto sticks are negative to trace for ketones.

My diet is the same, if not more restrictive of carbs and i've increased the amount of cardio.

Why can't i get back into ketosis? Does your body become immune to ketosis after a while?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Weight loss on any diet will be fastest in the beginning. How close are you to target?

Any shade of pink means you are in ketosis. In fact, long term keto-ers don't register on the ketostix at all. Their bodies stop wasting the ketones by pissing them away and use them for energy instead.

What are you eating, what are your stats, what is your workout routine?
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davpet View Post
    I have been following a ketogenic for 8 months (on and off, i'd go for a month and then fall off for a week or two).

In the beginning, i was losing at least 2lbs per week and my keto sticks were turning a dark purple.

Now, i'm losing less than a pound a week, and my keto sticks are negative to trace for ketones.

My diet is the same, if not more restrictive of carbs and i've increased the amount of cardio.

Why can't i get back into ketosis? Does your body become immune to ketosis after a while?
    Ketone sticks only show you whether or not you are excreting ketones. They will not show up if you are really hydrated (ie. ketones are watered down) or if your body is using the ketones for energy. The strips just show a surplus. I've always heard that when you get really dark results, it's a sign that you should drink more water. I have lost 20 pounds doing the keto thing and I peed out trace amounts maybe a handful of times. My vote is to ditch the strips. They will drive you nuts!

ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Without knowing your macros, I assume you just need to drop cals a bit. If you've lost a lot of weight you may be at a plateau therefore need to drop cals a bit. This worked for me.

Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    Ketone sticks only show you whether or not you are excreting ketones. They will not show up if you are really hydrated (ie. ketones are watered down) or if your body is using the ketones for energy. The strips just show a surplus. I've always heard that when you get really dark results, it's a sign that you should drink more water. I have lost 20 pounds doing the keto thing and I peed out trace amounts maybe a handful of times. My vote is to ditch the strips. They will drive you nuts!

this is true.. I sure as hell didn't have more than 30 g of carbs yesterday AND I worked out, but I drank a crap load of water (which btw youre totally right less smell for sure)

and the stick this morning was very faint, I was a bit pissy (no pun intended haha) so Im gonna stop using them so often.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use ketostix once in a while, but they only show trace amounts of ketones. If carbs are kept under 30g, you're most likely in ketosis. There have been reports of diet sodas and glutamine throwing people out of ketosis, but that's a trial and error issue.

Look for the side effects of being in ketosis instead. That may help. I get the dry mouth and slight headaches. I don't get the dry mouth as often anymore but i still get the headaches. I'm only on my second week. lol

I feel like i've been doing this diet for months. I think it's because i've learned so much about it.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..