drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Getting 180 grams of Protein on a 2,000 calorie Diet

Currently I am cutting. I have lost 35 lbs in 3 monthes. I have been tracking my diet for the last month and a half on livestrong.com. In looking over the log, I noticed that I am getting about 80 to 90 grams of Protein a day.

I know that I could add 3 or 4 protein shakes a day and get to where I need to be, but then I would be over by 500 calories a day. I guess my real question is do I really need 180 grams of Protein while Dieting? To do this, I am going to have to dramatically change what I am eating. I have all ready cut out a lot of the foods I love, I am afraid if I keep cutting away the foods I love, I will end up with a diet I hate.
    Many of life's failures are those who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -Thomas Edison

NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) NioRaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I run an 1800 or so calorie diet while cutting and it consists of roughly the following. It goes up and down depending on if I eat more fish or eggs rather than chicken during a certain day. here is an example.

Whey + Creatine Shake w/ Milk
    6 Egg Whites
    1 Can of Tuna Or Chicken Breast
    6-8oz Chicken Breast or Tuna
    6-8oz Chicken Breast

I don't really use any carbs. " Rice, Sweet potatoes etc". I run low carb with success. According to my fitday I run easy over 200 grams of protein and it's a pretty clean diet. I'm 178lbs right now and I'm not hungry or tired because of it. Just figured I'd throw that out there. Good luck bro

And a side note. Dieting is not fun. It's always more fun to eat ****ty food. And it's very easy to eat right. So you'll have to make that choice eventually if you want to turn your body into what you want.

drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10) drsogr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NioRaman View Post
    I run an 1800 or so calorie diet while cutting and it consists of roughly the following. It goes up and down depending on if I eat more fish or eggs rather than chicken during a certain day. here is an example.

6 Egg Whites
    1 Can of Tuna Or Chicken Breast
    6-8oz Chicken Breast or Tuna
    6-8oz Chicken Breast

I don't really use any carbs. " Rice, Sweet potatoes etc". I run low carb with success. According to my fitday I run easy over 200 grams of protein and it's a pretty clean diet. I'm 178lbs right now and I'm not hungry or tired because of it. Just figured I'd throw that out there. Good luck bro

And a side note. Dieting is not fun. It's always more fun to eat ****ty food. And it's very easy to eat right. So you'll have to make that choice eventually if you want to turn your body into what you want.
    Thanks for Replying......how long have you been on this diet? How much have you lost with it? Thats a lot of chicken and/or tuna! I would be tempted to throw some turkey, bison, pork or lean beef in the mix just to switch it up a bit. Do you have any cheat days?
    Many of life's failures are those who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -Thomas Edison

500 Internal Server Error relobe's Avatar
    relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by drsogr View Post
    Thanks for Replying......how long have you been on this diet? How much have you lost with it? Thats a lot of chicken and/or tuna! I would be tempted to throw some turkey, bison, pork or lean beef in the mix just to switch it up a bit. Do you have any cheat days?
    Mixing up the variety of meat is fine, just plug it into your livestrong.com and see if it fits what you need. Cook a bunch of meat at once so you can just pop a piece or two into the microwave for a snack instead of wasting those calories on carbs or fats.
    Last edited by eboler; 07-02-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    If Tyson's last name was raphone I'd knock his ass out.

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just find any location that has sales for steak/chicken and stock up. My fridge has like 8 lbs of cooked chicken breast and 3-4 lbs of lean steak that makes it really easy to get enough protein without being inconvenient.

NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500) NAU_JOSH is not very helpful. (-500)
    Stock up on chicken, try to work it into different meals, also tuna is a good option.

I drink 1-2 shakes a day, and my meats are tuna or chicken, I have no problem getting around 160g of protein a day, even though my goal is 200g.
    06/01/09 - 205lbs
    07/01/09 - 195lbs
    08/01/09 - 193lbs
    Goal: 180lbs
    By: Labor Day Weekend (09/05/09)

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just drinking 2 shakes a day will add 100g of protein

timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by drsogr View Post
    Currently I am cutting. I have lost 35 lbs in 3 monthes. I have been tracking my diet for the last month and a half on livestrong.com. In looking over the log, I noticed that I am getting about 80 to 90 grams of Protein a day.

I know that I could add 3 or 4 protein shakes a day and get to where I need to be, but then I would be over by 500 calories a day. I guess my real question is do I really need 180 grams of Protein while Dieting? To do this, I am going to have to dramatically change what I am eating. I have all ready cut out a lot of the foods I love, I am afraid if I keep cutting away the foods I love, I will end up with a diet I hate.
    You have to make a decision and substitute some of your carbs/fats for protein to get to 180ish. There should still be enough room to have some of the foods you like. Then have cheat meals every so often to treat yourself. Losing weight is not easy, but it doesnt have to be complete torture.

joeyraff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joeyraff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lightbulb Non meat protein options

Don't eat so much meat, it's not good for you and it's a boring diet.

Yogurt (get s full fat yogurt and put it on like sour cream), peanut butter (on bananas or in smoothies), almonds, lentils (there is a red lentil pasta on Amazon that is great), put fried eggs over brown rice and some roasted greens.

Never use white bread or white rice, it's garbage with no nutritional value. You can have carbs, just eat them after your workout and make sure they are wheat.

You can roast or grill any vegetable if you toss it in Sal and extra virgin light olive oil. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, summer squash, asparagus all come out very tasty. Kale as well.

Eat fish at least once a week. I prefer salmon, on the grill is easy as hell. Literally no prep, olive oil, salt 5 minutes per side.

Black beans are a good source, find a chili recipe and get a slow cooker. Hundreds of recipes on line. Dump in ingredients, sleep, wake up to food for a week.

You can make a pizza with wheat dough and a quality cheese, throw salami slices on it and throw it in the oven and you've got a solid meal.

I used to eat the same crap over and over. Then I did a clean 30, and the next summer I was vegetarian for a month. These one month experiments will teach you how to get your nutrients in different ways so you don't get bored, you don't give up things you love. You have to make healthier versions of your favorites, get more variety.

Hope this helps.

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joeyraff View Post
    Don't eat so much meat, it's not good for you and it's a boring diet.

Yogurt (get s full fat yogurt and put it on like sour cream), peanut butter (on bananas or in smoothies), almonds, lentils (there is a red lentil pasta on Amazon that is great), put fried eggs over brown rice and some roasted greens.

Never use white bread or white rice, it's garbage with no nutritional value. You can have carbs, just eat them after your workout and make sure they are wheat.

You can roast or grill any vegetable if you toss it in Sal and extra virgin light olive oil. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, summer squash, asparagus all come out very tasty. Kale as well.

Eat fish at least once a week. I prefer salmon, on the grill is easy as hell. Literally no prep, olive oil, salt 5 minutes per side.

Black beans are a good source, find a chili recipe and get a slow cooker. Hundreds of recipes on line. Dump in ingredients, sleep, wake up to food for a week.

You can make a pizza with wheat dough and a quality cheese, throw salami slices on it and throw it in the oven and you've got a solid meal.

I used to eat the same crap over and over. Then I did a clean 30, and the next summer I was vegetarian for a month. These one month experiments will teach you how to get your nutrients in different ways so you don't get bored, you don't give up things you love. You have to make healthier versions of your favorites, get more variety.

Hope this helps.
    Your first post was to bump a 7 year old thread and post a bunch of garbage. Well done.