peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) peteyyytran is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Coconut Milk, can it be used in keto?

I was shopping today and while roaming around I saw some coconut milk, and I love coconut. But then i was like wait... "Milk" scares me when I think of keto; but when I looked at the nutrional facts there are no carbs and little to no sugar, has fat. So I was wondering if this could maybe be an alternative? Let me post up the stats

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 35Calories from Fat 32
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 3.6g6%
    Saturated Fat 3.2g16%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g
    Cholesterol 0mg0%
    Sodium 2mg0%
    Total Carbohydrates 0.8g0%
    Dietary Fiber 0.3g1%
    Sugars 0.5g
    Protein 0.3g

Bad idea?

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    Not only is it good keto food, but recent studies have founf that MCT's (Medium Chain Tryglicerides) are extreemly beneficial in weight loss efforts, and cocconut fatss are one of the best sources of MCT's.

I bought some, but have NFI what to do with it since my diet has been designed around not using milk.....

I'll figure it out, probably just drink it straight from the can one day.

Cocconut oil is supposed to be better due to a higher fat content, but the only cocconut oil I can find was $30 (au) a kilo, no way sista!

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by s.o.u.p View Post
    Not only is it good keto food, but recent studies have founf that MCT's (Medium Chain Tryglicerides) are extreemly beneficial in weight loss efforts, and cocconut fatss are one of the best sources of MCT's.

I bought some, but have NFI what to do with it since my diet has been designed around not using milk.....

I'll figure it out, probably just drink it straight from the can one day.

Cocconut oil is supposed to be better due to a higher fat content, but the only cocconut oil I can find was $30 (au) a kilo, no way sista!
    Agreed...here's a bit more on at least one study...

"Some people promote coconut oil as a healthy addition to a weight-loss diet, even though it has higher levels of saturated fat.

WebMD Feature

Reviewed By Brunilda Nazario

Is it possible to add fat to your diet and lose weight? Yes, if it's the right fat, says naturopath Bruce Fife, ND, author of Eat Fat Look Thin. He recommends adding coconut oil and substituting it for polyunsaturated oils to suppress appetite, boost metabolism, and bring about weight loss.

"Lots of people have reported that when they add coconut oil to their diet, it was enough to promote weight loss," says Fife. "Some people don't notice a drop in weight, which often means they're simply eating too much. Calories are important." His own experience with coconut oil produced a gradual weight loss over six months of about 20 pounds, which he'd been unable to lose previously through diet and exercise.

He advises using about three tablespoons of natural coconut oil, either virgin or processed, daily. His patients use it in place of polyunsaturated fats for stir-frying and salad dressings, add it to other foods, or take it straight. The fat is also present in canned coconut milk (not the liquid inside the coconut), which can be substituted for milk in many recipes, and fresh coconut fruit, which can be eaten as a snack or grated over fruits and salads.

How Does Coconut Oil Promote Weight Loss?

"I think the real key to coconut oil and weight loss is the fact that it decreases your appetite while you're eating the meal and afterwards," says Fife. "Studies show that when these fats are added, people are satisfied sooner and eat less, and at the next meal they don't make up for it by eating more."

Coconut oil is a medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) while most other fats, such as vegetable oils and animal fat, are long-chain triglycerides (LCTs). "The length of the molecule determines how the fat is metabolized," says Fife. MCTs are rapidly broken down, and the body burns them much like carbohydrates for energy. LCTs, however, are deposited in fat cells. "With MCTs, you're eating fat calories, but you're eating fewer effective calories because metabolism rises, and you end up burning the calories, not storing them as fat. You can eat much more coconut oil than other fats before your body will convert it into fat."

Fife says that the types of oils present in coconut oil stimulate metabolism. "It promotes thermogenesis [burning of calories to produce heat], and some people with low thyroid function tell me they feel warm and their body temperature rises one or two degrees after eating coconut oil." People with low thyroid function have a low metabolism and can have a decreased ability to lose weight. "