Rub some funk on it watermelon_2001's Avatar
    watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Overtraining...overtraining...overtraining...

I am so f**cking FED UP with countless numbers of posts asking whether an individual is overtraining or not. No- simple as that- you are not overtraining. Unless you're hitting the gym twice a day, 6 days a week, for 2 hours at a time, you are NOT overtraining. I've been there, I've done it, and I've gotten very sick from it...You will KNOW if you're overtraining because your body will pretty much stop working as it should- I lost over a stone in weight, began losing my hair and had my testosterone levels drop so low that I've been on HRT for over a year; THAT is what overtraining does to you.

If you think you're "overtraining" because you fear you've taken a too high volume approach to your routine, what you should be asking instead is just that- "Is this too much volume?" If you're not seeing results, it's not due to "overtraining", it's due to either a diet which does not match your body's needs or the simple fact that you've worked a muscle past the point where it can re-cuperate before it is trained again. Remember the law of diminishing returns- too much work can yield little to no results.

Before you ask if you're overtraining, instead consider this, PLEASE, because we do NOT need more posts on this topic

AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) AfteraDream will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've overtrained with 5 times a week training and 3x10 routine so don't generalize too much.
    BTW, isn't "you've worked a muscle past the point where it can re-cuperate before it is trained again" overtraining ?

I do agree that diet is most likely to be the problem though..
    Shoulder rehab! :(

Started at 110lbs, now at 130, going for 155lbs!!!

Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but no-one wants to lift heavy ass weights!
    -Ronnie Coleman

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I lol'ed.
    really hard.
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000) GrainBelt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by watermelon_2001 View Post
    I am so f**cking FED UP with countless numbers of posts asking whether an individual is overtraining or not. No- simple as that- you are not overtraining. Unless you're hitting the gym twice a day, 6 days a week, for 2 hours at a time, you are NOT overtraining. I've been there, I've done it, and I've gotten very sick from it...You will KNOW if you're overtraining because your body will pretty much stop working as it should- I lost over a stone in weight, began losing my hair and had my testosterone levels drop so low that I've been on HRT for over a year; THAT is what overtraining does to you.

If you think you're "overtraining" because you fear you've taken a too high volume approach to your routine, what you should be asking instead is just that- "Is this too much volume?" If you're not seeing results, it's not due to "overtraining", it's due to either a diet which does not match your body's needs or the simple fact that you've worked a muscle past the point where it can re-cuperate before it is trained again. Remember the law of diminishing returns- too much work can yield little to no results.

Before you ask if you're overtraining, instead consider this, PLEASE, because we do NOT need more posts on this topic
    Fuzzy was right, the only kids who talk about this are 150 lbs.

Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blucas81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Agreed with OP.

As long as you're getting enough calories, you can hit the gym 6 times a week for 2 hours at a time and still not overtrain.

seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as if the irony / timing / whole post didnt make me lol hard enough

Stats: 5'11", 135 lbs

you want me to take advice from you?
    Ain't nothin to it but to do it - 'The King' Ronnie Coleman

Blue Jays all day!

JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First thing first: 5"11 135 lbs.

I am so f**cking FED UP with countless numbers of posts asking whether an individual is overtraining or not. No- simple as that- you are not overtraining.
    So no one is overtraining in this section except for you? (See below)

I lost over a stone in weight, began losing my hair and had my testosterone levels drop so low that I've been on HRT for over a year; THAT is what overtraining does to you.
    You're so hardcore man, you overtrained so hard that you went bald, so Alpha.

IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Blucas81 View Post
    Agreed with OP.

As long as you're getting enough calories, you can hit the gym 6 times a week for 2 hours at a time and still not overtrain.
    Uhh... I'm pretty sure overtraining is usually from taxing the central nervous system, and calories won't help it heal much quicker.

thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10) thastartof is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It gets down to as simple as this everyone is different if you feel overly taxed then take a day off. But at the same time if your working out hard for an hour a day 5 times a week but only eating 1500 cal.s a day then EFFIN DUH theres your problem you just arent eating enough. Also if you follow the general rule of giving a muscle 72 HOURS before working it out again your fine.

But the next problem is people think they can work Back Monday and Bi's Tuesday and there FINE because it two different muscles they fail to realize you hit Bi's when you hit back.

Listen I am no god much less in that great of shape and I learn more every day but I learn by posting what I think to be Intelligent questions and READING THE **** OUT OF THE FORUMS. HENCE THERE BEING LIKE A MILLION PAGES IN HERE
    Eat Healthy, Exercise Daily, Die anyways

Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500) Sthirteenturbo is not very helpful. (-500)
    i think a lot of people on this forum really dont know much about the science behind muscle growth and bodybuilding at a molecular level... im not saying the OP is right or wrong, what im saying is people talk wayyyyyy too much without even knowing what theyre talking about...
    DB Bench 110x4
    BB Bench 265x1

kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000) kaoslegend is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sthirteenturbo View Post
    i think a lot of people on this forum really dont know much about the science behind muscle growth and bodybuilding at a molecular level... im not saying the OP is right or wrong, what im saying is people talk wayyyyyy too much without even knowing what theyre talking about...
    broscience ftw

nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicky16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive been on a 5 day split for the past year :P

with a good diet, overtraining shouldnt be that big of a problem.. unless your new to lifting.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Overtraining is very depend on the individual try and listen to your body if you feel your overtraining its really impossible to tell over the internet even if your doing a ton of volume because your body may respond well to high volume. It takes time to figure this stuff out and only a pro really understands there body really well.

Registered User broscience_wiki's Avatar
    broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10) broscience_wiki is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why is everyone so angry in this thread lol

at least i know im not in danger of over training... ahem...

really tho, being overtrained is different to over training...

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sthirteenturbo View Post
    until we completely understand how genetics works-Lol probably not in our lifetime- we wont be able to tell any other way then anecdotal evidence. If YOU feel your not getting good results or are possibly overtraining try and do something about it, eat more food, lower volume, take a break, sleep more ext.

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)

/thread

Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mickqc1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People use the phrase overtraining when they mean hitting a particular muscle group to often without adequate rest.
    Overtraining is generally the whole body not individual muscle groups.
    I have always found a 3 day split or 4 day split, under training . Others find it works best for them.
    So I do a 2 day with a days rest in between, 1 on 1 off.
    I'm always sore from the last routine though but what the hell.

Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10) Borum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Saw title, expected a pussy complaining about *lol* overtraining.
    Prepared "you can't overtrain until you're squatting 100kg+" answer.
    Read op.
    everything went better than expected gooby.
    Beginning on 3rd of December.
    191cm/6'3, 73 kg/160 pounds

alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alexistheboss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea whatever u had was not over-training.

DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DongDingDong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alexistheboss View Post
    yea whatever u had was not over-training.
    Strong bump

mohineeshnair has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kaoslegend View Post
    broscience ftw
    you still in here?