Thread: Posing suits

cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Posing suits

Hey ladies! I hope all is well with you girls!

So... I'm in the process of training for my first figure competition coming up this fall. When i first started talking about doing a competition I was told by a few people to be prepared for the expenses involved. I figured that it would be somewhat expensive (figured i'd spend a few hundred dollars) but now that i'm looking at posing suits i'm kind of freaking out a little bit. A gal that lives near me makes posing suits and charges up to $500 for a suit! I definitely can't afford that! I saw that I could order a suit this site for $23 but am wondering what kind of quality it would be? This is my first show and I really can't/don't want to have to spend a ton of money for a suit that i may only wear one time in my life. If I decide after this first show that this is something that i would like to continue doing, I would definitely buy a nice suit.... however right now i really can't afford to spend that much. Any recommendations on where I could find a good suit that will fit me well and not cost an arm and a leg? What do you ladies do for suits? Have any of you purchased a suit from this site? If so were you happy with it?

Thank you for your help!
    If it's to be it's up to me....

"There is no such thing as a small miracle. A gym is a place of miracles. People do things they once thought impossible--lifting heavier, squeezing out one more rep, finding discipline and willpower they didn't know they had. They're amazed at how good they feel and look, and they carry their new power into the world. This is the miracle I wanted to give to the world." - Joe Wieder

swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    www.divaexchange.com

Kimm4 posted that site as a recommendation for someone else looking for a cheaper competition suit. I hope that helps.

FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OOOOOOHHHHH lady, save yourself a heart attack, and take this advice: SPEND THE 500.

I tried to save money, so I went to Diva Exchange. I tried to buy a suit that looked great, but the maker told me that she'd already sold it, but she could make another just like it. I was so proud of the money i'd save, and i thought that since she was NPC pro she would be good. I would use diva exchange again to buy a used suit, but be really careful. a lot of novice suitmakers are out there using pictures of nice suits to lure you into buying one they can make "just like it." PM me if you want to know who the maker was.

A week before my contest, my suit finally arrived. it was so small that an olsen twin would probably not fit it. I ordered a plain one for day and a stoned one for night, and both suits were different sizes. it was so noticeable as soon as I opened the bag, that I couldn't believe she even sent them! like maybe I wouldn't notice? stones were falling off, too...

not having another option, I had her make me new ones. a day before my contest, they arrived. they looked cheap and I had to go buy new crystals and stone it myself. on the day of the contest, both suits began to unravel backstage. It was so embarrassing. the stitching was so bad that i'm sure you could see it from the back of the auditorium.

a friend of mine ordered hers from sylvia tremblay (tremblay designs). the cost was not unreasonable, and the work was 100% better than the crappy suits I had. I will be ordering my next suits from her.

if 500 dollars buys you good quality, plan on wearing it again and call it an investment. you don't realize what role the suit plays in your confidence onstage, but it really can make or break you. the girls who felt good about their suits were noticeably better off than the girls who were constantly tweaking and adjusting. and the last few days before a contest, your nerves can not handle a suit crisis. trust me. Weeks of work, training, and all the money you sink into your contest can literally unravel before your eyes if you aren't careful about the suit.
    I am not a maiden fair, and I am not a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere. --Ani

IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronFigure is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey I've got 3 suits for sale and each is under $250, they're great for a beginner like yourself. PM for pics and details
    NPC National Figure Athlete | NASM CPT | Nutritionist | Professional Model
    ~Team TightCurves~

*Follow me on ********! Sarah Gwynn - IronFigure Fitness

Formerly known as USMC_URAH :)

cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronFigure View Post
    Hey I've got 3 suits for sale and each is under $250, they're great for a beginner like yourself. PM for pics and details
    Thanks girl! I can't pm you right now as i'm at work and my computer blocks me from that... i'll send you a message when i have access to my home computer! Or if you'd like feel free to send me pictures in a pm and i'll take a look at them when i get to my computer.

Thanks!

"There is no such thing as a small miracle. A gym is a place of miracles. People do things they once thought impossible--lifting heavier, squeezing out one more rep, finding discipline and willpower they didn't know they had. They're amazed at how good they feel and look, and they carry their new power into the world. This is the miracle I wanted to give to the world." - Joe Wieder

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by swindled View Post
    www.divaexchange.com

Kimm4 posted that site as a recommendation for someone else looking for a cheaper competition suit. I hope that helps.
    This site is all custom made suits that a girl might wear once, twice, or never wear at all. They sell for a fraction of what they paid and I've always had great success.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    This site is all custom made suits that a girl might wear once, twice, or never wear at all. They sell for a fraction of what they paid and I've always had great success.

Thanks Kimm! I'll definitely check it out.

TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i just did my first figure competition a few weeks ago. i ended up spending between 350 and 400 on mine. i know it seems like a bit much, but i think it would be worth it. the suit will not look near as good if it is not custom made. you want to feel comfortable on stage and the suit is the last thing you will want to think about when your up there. also, the expensive suits are much better quality with nice looking rinestones, etc. one option if you cant or dont want to spend the money on something custom, you could look into buying one used. if you know anyone who's done a competition you could ask around, or perhaps look around online. another idea, which i thought about is buying a custom suit, but glueing the rinestones on yourself. if the suit is of good quality it will last you a few shows, as long as you take care of it.