ve2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ve2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ve2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ve2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ve2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ve2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hand Numbness-last two fingers

Hey anyone out there know much about nerve compression and lifting? Both a friend and I are experiencing hand numbness from time to time. It is not carpal, but localized in the last two (ring and pinky) fingers. Curious as to others experience. I have heard some others say since bb-ing and growing muscles in shoulders; sleeping on side has caused problems etc...

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ve2 View Post
    Hey anyone out there know much about nerve compression and lifting? Both a friend and I are experiencing hand numbness from time to time. It is not carpal, but localized in the last two (ring and pinky) fingers. Curious as to others experience. I have heard some others say since bb-ing and growing muscles in shoulders; sleeping on side has caused problems etc...
    I have had two surgeries on my neck, one due to a pinched nerve and the other due to a herinated disc. With the pinched nerve I had some slight numbing of my fingers and in both instances the doctors asked me if I had any numbness in the two fingers you are experiencing numbness in. Although I am not a doctor (nor do I play one on TV) you may have a pinched nerve in the C5, C6, or C7 area which can affect your fingers. You may also notice some effect your tricep area. Is it on one side or both?

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good advice, Randy.

I had a problem in c5/6 and it manifested in my thumb and index finger, as well as tricep and traps on that side.

When the doc was diagnosing it, he said it was fairly easy. If the tingling and numbness is hands only, the nerve is pinched in the wrist. If forearm and/or fingers, it is in the elbow. In other words the symptoms happen past where the nerve is pinched. If any tingling or numbness in traps, rear delts, or triceps in addition to the fingers, it may be a neck problem.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agsuper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    According to the dermatome map it would be related to C8. Not sure how accurate they are though. Mine is in my thumb and back of hand. I would get it checked out.

hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hodag1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is a nerve that passes through the wrist that enervates the pinky finger and half of the ring finger. If you have feeling in the ring finger on the side toward the thumb, that is most likely the culprit.

In any case, getting it looked at is the best idea.

kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000) kcmoto is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have noticed that after I do heavy smith machine shrugs this happens to me. I dont wear gloves normally but have started using them for my shrugs only and this has helped greatly.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kcmoto View Post
    I have noticed that after I do heavy smith machine shrugs this happens to me. I dont wear gloves normally but have started using them for my shrugs only and this has helped greatly.
    Sometimes this is caused by using straps and the pinching this causes. Most times its more cervical in origin

OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had that same numbness in my hand about a year ago....thought it was related to the tendonitis that I had in my elbow at the same time...but it turned out to be caused by a misalignment of a vertebrae in my neck...... I only found out when I went to a chiropractor to check my neck, which had become stiff and painfull..... I mentioned the numbness in my hand and he said that was a classic sign of neck problems... after a few sessions he freed up my neck and the numbness and tingling also disappeared....

might be worth getting you neck checked by a Chiro / Physio Therapist.

OZBB

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    Good advice, Randy.

I had a problem in c5/6 and it manifested in my thumb and index finger, as well as tricep and traps on that side.

When the doc was diagnosing it, he said it was fairly easy. If the tingling and numbness is hands only, the nerve is pinched in the wrist. If forearm and/or fingers, it is in the elbow. In other words the symptoms happen past where the nerve is pinched. If any tingling or numbness in traps, rear delts, or triceps in addition to the fingers, it may be a neck problem.
    Thanks for this info. I've been getting thumb/index finger on the right side only.
    "An infraction is better than an infarction."
    - Aldington and Adlington

"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
    - Anon

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had numbness in my left pinky twice in the past. Both times lasted for more than 6 months, maybe a year. I had resigned myself to just having to live with it (its no big deal to me). Its only now that I read this thread I remember I had the problem and note that the numbness has now completely gone. Can't remeber when it cleared up.

galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) galifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

sounds like ulnar nerve

This might offer up a little more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulnar_nerve_entrapment

ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was having similar problems after being in a really awkward (stretched and twisted) installing the headers on my Camaro. Ended up getting a neck traction device from the drug store which fixed the problem after a few weeks use.

QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuadR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been suffering with pinky/ring finger numbness for quite sometime. I originally had a Dr check it out and said it was due to the muscles developing in the arm, elbow area and pushing the tendons apart. By pushing the tendons apart, it exposes it closer to the surface and allows for a circulation cut-off point. There in lies the numbness! If I keep my arm/elbow toward the side for prolonged periods, it becomes numb. Even during sleep I find I wake up in the morning with these two fingers numb and curled up. However, you guys have given me hope of the chiropractor maybe realigning my spine and neck to help alleviate this. Thanks!!
    "Nobody's a natural! You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better. It's hard to stay on top"!

RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RaeMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I experienced this in the past. It was a pinched nerve in the elbow and nothing a weeks worth of steroids couldn't cure.

Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000) Greenfire18 is just really nice. (+1000)

sounds familiar...

Originally Posted by ve2 View Post
    After spending several months last year with significant wrist/hand pain, I can relate. Sometimes the tingling presented more like carpal tunnel, sometimes it looked more related to a compressed ulnar nerve. Finally went for a nerve conduction test to sort it all out. The ring/pinky fingers are more likely the ulnar nerve, but the only way to find out for sure is to go see a doc.

Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Me too... nagging damn problem that it is. For me, it has been one or more of the following:

- Bad neck combined with a Thai massage that went horribly wrong
    - Possible entrapment through the shoulder (latest guess from the physio)
    - Or the scar tissue around the ulnar nerve as it runs through the elbow
    - Or wrist problems from my freaking job.

I suspect it's mostly the first.
    I might be out of the woods...

Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000) Iron_Machine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Revmachine21 View Post
    Me too... nagging damn problem that it is. For me, it has been one or more of the following:

- Bad neck combined with a Thai massage that went horribly wrong
    - Possible entrapment through the shoulder (latest guess from the physio)
    - Or the scar tissue around the ulnar nerve as it runs through the elbow
    - Or wrist problems from my freaking job.

I suspect it's mostly the first.

I've had the exact same thing. Especially after a heavy back day. I'm suspecting a nerve in the forearm and or elbow

1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So who do you suggest one seeing? Been to the doc, Physical Therapist didn't seem to help. Thinking of chiropracter now. Tingling in thumb, neck back pains.

trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trebuin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Test on Wed

I have the nerve conductivity test scheduled for Wed. I am having so many issues with shoulders, arms, elbows, and hands I simply cant take it any more. I have been experiencing the numbness in my hands off and on for years, but everything else seems to be jumping on the bandwagon. My situation is most likely carpal tunnel issues but I guess thats what I am going to find out this week..........

BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Regular visits to a good chiropractor may be a great benefit for you, I know it has changed my life for the best!

GL,
    Andrew
    (Im surrounded by Enternet Ediots)

1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1trapman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Got my first chiropracter visit last week. I'm not sure but I think it helped a little. Went to gym last week and was really surprised how tough exercises where on my left side.

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A friend of mine is experiencing many of your same problems. He has a post in the exercise/injury forum where he has several illustrations in the second post identifying problem area and what may be causing them. It may be worthwhile checking it out.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post359010281

nuff said...