nevo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just got my Powertec

Hi all,
    I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. I've just setup my powertec power rack- so far it seriously rocks! There is another thread around here about the powertec bench, but i just wanted to say that i really like the powertec bench- as yet, no worries!

However, the bar contraption that holds the weights, on the lat tower option, doesn't sit flush on the pads in the resting position. Infact it is suspended about 10cm above. Is this how the system is meant to be? Perhaps i have set something up wrong or is my cable simply 10cm too short?

I read a bit about care and maintenance for the powertec, is the general consensus to wipe down pretty much all surfaces fortnightly with a bit of WD40 and a clean rag?

Also, does anyone have any tips to quickly changing setups between exercises? It seems to me another set or two of the barbell holders would really come in handy to easily position bars at the right height to lift.

Cheers,
    nevo

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Your lat tower is just fine. The cable will stretch over time but should never actually rest on the pads with no weight on the arms. My Bosy Solid lat tower is probably a decade old and the is still a feww inches of "float there when there is no weight.

I do like to have two sets of bar holders, one on the front and one on the back. I've also been known to have two bars of different weights on them allowing me to go from one exercise to the next with no break at all should I so choose.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is how I have mine setup

~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by daltrey View Post
    Here is how I have mine setup

I really like the setup Daltrey, I hadn't seen yours before. The TDS bench safety attachment is pretty nice, but I think the plate storage on the inside/back of the rack would get on my nerves......does it work well for you? And a question.....how do you get your safeties out? Or do just leave everything like it is since you can bench off the front?

It seems like I'm always moving my safeties for something so that wouldn't work for me either, but I guess that's why I am a fan of the pop-pin safeties. I'd like to put those bench safeties on mine in the front, but with the crossover on my rack I don't have any room......

Nice setup though.

OP- extra bar holders are always a plus, at least one set anyway. I bought an extra set for mine but anymore would be a hindrance on my rack because of the way they are setup, plus like I said above, I have a crossover attached to the front of mine so I can't even put a set on the outside. One advantage the powertec has over mine (Bodycraft) is an extra set of bar holders can be purchased, then moved anywhere on the rack the user wanted.

Go ahead and get some if you have the cash. I don't know what a ptec set is, but I doubt they're that much. Welcome to the forum and the Rack Club!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I really like the setup Daltrey, I hadn't seen yours before. The TDS bench safety attachment is pretty nice, but I think the plate storage on the inside/back of the rack would get on my nerves......does it work well for you? And a question.....how do you get your safeties out? Or do just leave everything like it is since you can bench off the front?

It seems like I'm always moving my safeties for something so that wouldn't work for me either, but I guess that's why I am a fan of the pop-pin safeties. I'd like to put those bench safeties on mine in the front, but with the crossover on my rack I don't have any room......

Nice setup though.
    Yeah I just leave the safeties where they are and only use the inside of the rack for squats. I just put the plates on the plate storage to take a quick pic. Most of the time I leave both bars loaded and there is nothing on the plate storage but a few smaller weights. I also have a weight tree on the wall across from it.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

nevo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the welcome and advice fellas.
    Wildtim- Thankyou, that makes me feel alot better about my ptec!
    Daltry- your setup rocks.
    Keetman- I will get another set of bar holders.... right now i'm a bit strapped for cash having just bought the ptec!
    Gotta get back to lifting.