ctmuscle78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ctmuscle78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest Fat..Please Help!

Ive been working out and powerlifting for years now.. I am 31 yrs old and 6'3, 260 lbs, 25 percent BF..

I am incredibly unhappy and uncomfortable at this weight..I have started an extreme cutting and cardio program..My goal is to get to 210 with 10 percent BF.

My problem is my chest. It sags big time and makes me very uncomfortable and self-conscious. I actually saw a gyno doctor (plastic surgeon) about it and he recommended that I lost more bodyfat and that he wouldnt operate on me. I am curious as to what everyone here thinks: when is it gyno and when is it bodyfat??

I am really inclined and motivated to lose it because I honestly cant take it anymore!!

All I want is to be able to take my shirt off in public and feel extremely comfortable!!

Some ideas and thoughts? Im thinking an extreme cutting diet and a very strict chest routine..

Thoughts? Thanks!!

iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50) iCY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just so you know, you cant get rid of the sagging chest by having a strict chest routine. That will only develop the muscle underneath, it wont really alter the sagging outside.

Your best bet is to first lose body fat, and then if you still are not satisfied with the results, to operate on it. Which is basically what your surgeon recommended. Its good to assume he knows what hes doing
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEzMDA1MzU5OQ

Its great for iphone/android/multiple PC users! Also by using the referral, you start off with a bigger storage capacity also! its WIN WIN!

ctmuscle78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ctmuscle78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iCY View Post
    Just so you know, you cant get rid of the sagging chest by having a strict chest routine. That will only develop the muscle underneath, it wont really alter the sagging outside.

Your best bet is to first lose body fat, and then if you still are not satisfied with the results, to operate on it. Which is basically what your surgeon recommended. Its good to assume he knows what hes doing

he told me that if lose enough bodyfat, then I should be fine and wouldnt need to be operated on...Im really down about this..

Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Naughtie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ctmuscle78 View Post
    he told me that if lose enough bodyfat, then I should be fine and wouldnt need to be operated on...Im really down about this..
    Give yourself 3 months and make sure you are on a clean low calorie diet and a lot of cardio. Don't do weights. Just take enough proteins in your diet and concentrate on your cardio at least 5 days a week.You will surely have results.

Try the natural way first cause there is always the unnatural way.

Good Luck

BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Naughtie View Post
    Give yourself 3 months and make sure you are on a clean low calorie diet and a lot of cardio. Don't do weights. Just take enough proteins in your diet and concentrate on your cardio at least 5 days a week.You will surely have results.

Good Luck
    +rep
    thiago alves
    future champ

jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) jerryiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Good Luck
    ^^ I can't agree with this. You should pick a well designed weight training program (there are many on this site) and do it with intensity. Cardio should be no more the four 30 min sessions per week. Set calories at 750 kcal below maintenance. Eat 250 gm protein per day with the rest of your calories split between carbs and fat. Eat most of your carbs at breakfast and pre-workout.

I have the same problem if my body fat is over 13%. You will need to work hard to change your body, but it can be done. I'm guessing that you will need to get below 200lbs and that this may take several months. Patients and consistency are the keys.

cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) cacodaemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Good Luck

Why would you recommend not lifting weights? Why not do both? Having more muscle mass burns more calories and if the OP lifts and does low intensity cardio he will burn fat during both activities.

I know as I got older, fat tended to be more apparent in certain areas. The waist and chest were the worst areas. Dropping bodyfat will do it. With your tough areas, the bodyfat usually drops there last.

MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ctmuscle78 View Post
    when is it gyno and when is it bodyfat??
    When you are 25% BF, it's bodyfat

ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000) ronki23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, as the Doctor said-lower your bodyfat %- aim to lose 1-3lbs a week so that it's not muscle going as well as fat!

You can check if it is gynecomastia by flexing your pecs when standing or sitting-then pinch the nipple from both sides-if you feel to firmish lumps then it's gynecomastia. Then pinch the areas around the nipple/on your chest and see how thin or thick the skin feels-the thicker skin has layers of fat.

Also,bend over and see how bad it it-how many spare tyres/how bad the moobs look-you may feel DOUBLE swellings e.g. the gynecomastia swelling followed by a larger thing underneath-I think the larger bit is actually the organ behind the nipple-either way that shouldn't matter as it is not going to affect you while you stand/sit-everybody has that.

A plastic surgeon or endocrinologist will tell you that fat can cause hormonal gynecomastia as well as pseudo (false/fat based) gynecomastia-bodyfat creates aromatase enzyme which converts excess testosterone into oestrogen which in turn causes gynecomastia. Either way-LOSE THE FAT!

Working out 3-4x a week is the key, work your chest to create "Muscle Moobs" which look better than moobs and will eventually become pecs! Do not put special emphasis on chest/abs/thighs/bums etc. as the body genetically chooses where the fat will go from first- what you have to do is work your muscles with 1 to 2 compound exercises for 4 sets: 15-20 reps/ 6-10 reps/ 4-8 reps/ 2-6 reps or for lower body do: 15-20/8-12/6-10/4-8
    and for stubborn/high rep bodyparts (calves and abs) do 25-30/20-25/15-20/2-6 heavy reps/25-30 reps to pump them up

If you go 4x a week or 3x a week, neither one matters-do cardio at least twice a week for 30-60 minutes,maybe 3x a week if you go 4x a week; remember it should give your heart a challenge but not make you out of breath either.
    Weights can be once a week,stick to the basic exercises to lose weight/firm up-machines are good too-they're not as bad as people say:

Deadlift/Hack Squat/Smith Machine Squat
    Bent Over Row/ Chin Up Pulldown
    Bench Press/Incline Press
    Overhead Shoulder Press/Arnold Press

Follow a high protein and low carb diet with plenty of vegetables and lots of water (which with protein shake should be your only beverage-no diet drinks,fruit juices or alcohol) -just do your homework/look around on bodybuilding.com

Once you get to below 20% bodyfat you should see a great difference, 15% to 10% should give you a vague impression of some abs and sliced pecs. THEN you can worry about beefing up your individual muscles-that's what I am doing now after losing lots of weight in 2005/2006. When you get to 15-20% you should do a separate session so it's 2x a week weights and 2x a week cardio (or if you go only 2x a week you should add 30 minutes of cardio AFTER weights). Anyway, when you get to where you want to, you can add some more free weight exercises for another day and emphasise on free weights over machines. You can do these at that stage (only 1 general exercise per each though!):

Medial Deltoid Head
    Biceps
    Triceps
    Calves
    Abs and Obliques

Good luck!!!
    5x5 is the greatest program ever (well, so far).

My favourite fighters:

1. Georges St. Pierre,
    2. Junior Dos Santos,
    3. Brock Lesnar,
    4. Bas Rutten,
    5. Randy Couture
    5. Daniel Cormier