Rican93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats a good diet for someone whos trying to lose fat and build muscle?

that may be a stupid question but i really dont know...ive been the fat kid who eats sweets all my life its the first time i truely decide to change that. But like how should i go about meals.
    220 and dropping baby!

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Rican93 View Post
    that may be a stupid question but i really dont know...ive been the fat kid who eats sweets all my life its the first time i truely decide to change that. But like how should i go about meals.
    6 meals/snacks a day of
    a. Lean Protein- Chicken breast, turkey breast, chunk light tuna (less mercury than albacore), egg whites (or egg beaters), whey , casein, lean beef (round cuts are the leanest), cottage cheese (lower sugar/sodium=better)
    b. Healthy fats- Peanut Butter, Nuts, flax, fish oil, olive oil, canola oil, dressings (without added sugar or hydrogenated oil), avocado, Promise butter spread, products with omegas
    c. Unrefined carbs- Fibrous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach), whole grains, fruit (whole better than dried or juice, Oats/oatmeal, wraps(low carb variety are normally very high in protein and fiber), sweet potatoes, beans, fruit
    combo foods: low fat dairy (milk, cheese, greek yogurt), salmon
    Avoid: refined sugars and trans fat (anything that says hydrogenated oil)
    Limit: saturated fat (the amount the body needs for hormones and muscle-building will easily be met through diet), processed food (for optimal health)
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000) psaljoug is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    6 meals/snacks a day of
    a. Lean Protein- Chicken breast, turkey breast, chunk light tuna (less mercury than albacore), egg whites (or egg beaters), whey , casein, lean beef (round cuts are the leanest), cottage cheese (lower sugar/sodium=better)
    b. Healthy fats- Peanut Butter, Nuts, flax, fish oil, olive oil, canola oil, dressings (without added sugar or hydrogenated oil), avocado, Promise butter spread, products with omegas
    c. Unrefined carbs- Fibrous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach), whole grains, fruit (whole better than dried or juice, Oats/oatmeal, wraps(low carb variety are normally very high in protein and fiber), sweet potatoes, beans, fruit
    combo foods: low fat dairy (milk, cheese, greek yogurt), salmon
    Avoid: refined sugars and trans fat (anything that says hydrogenated oil)
    Limit: saturated fat (the amount the body needs for hormones and muscle-building will easily be met through diet), processed food (for optimal health)
    this

+ water

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by psaljoug View Post
    this

+ water
    This

+ Eating approximately 14-16 times your bodyweight in calories per day - lower side if you have a slow metabolism (naturally thin), higher side if you have a fast metabolism (naturally heavy)

+ Eating approximately one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Rather than picking up snippets of information from the intardnet, buy Alan Aragon's book 'Girth Control' - he is a highly respected guy here and will give you a complete and no BS picture.

YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff View Post
    This

+ Eating approximately 14-16 times your bodyweight in calories per day - lower side if you have a slow metabolism (naturally thin), higher side if you have a fast metabolism (naturally heavy)

+ Eating approximately one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day
    cals at 14/16 times your body weight? So if I'm trying to cut body fat at 200 pounds I can eat 2800 cals? That's 14 times my body weight. I thought that for cutting something like 2000 cals (for my weight anyway) made more sense.

Edit: He said build muscle too, but I'm still guessing that eating so many cals it would be hard to cut fat.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by YoungEx20 View Post
    cals at 14/16 times your body weight? So if I'm trying to cut body fat at 200 pounds I can eat 2800 cals? That's 14 times my body weight. I thought that for cutting something like 2000 cals (for my weight anyway) made more sense.

Edit: He said build muscle too, but I'm still guessing that eating so many cals it would be hard to cut fat.
    I suppose he could lower it a little more if he wasn't making progress after two weeks. I think plenty of people would lose weight at 14x their bodyweight though if they are lifting heavy, doing cardio several times per week, and eating the right foods.