BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Unflavored Protein Powder?

I'm not a fan of protein powder, for the texture and the way it seems to overpower whatever you put it in with its taste.

So I was wondering, what is the best sort of unflavored, in your experience? I'd love to have some ideas on what I should be looking for in terms of brand!

Thanks

DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by embracefire View Post
    I'm not a fan of protein powder, for the texture and the way it seems to overpower whatever you put it in with its taste.

So I was wondering, what is the best sort of unflavored, in your experience? I'd love to have some ideas on what I should be looking for in terms of brand!

Thanks
    Your askin' for unflavoured shake, and asking for which unflavoured tastes the best

BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryJensen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DE.TAPER View Post
    Your askin' for unflavoured shake, and asking for which unflavoured tastes the best
    Unflavored protein powder is what I am looking for. Naturally, I assume that some would be better than others. Not for taste, but perhaps for texture, or for mixing well with other products. Unflavored is not really an advantage if it just all clumps up when you try to mix it, for example.

DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DE.TAPER is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by embracefire View Post
    Unflavored protein powder is what I am looking for. Naturally, I assume that some would be better than others. Not for taste, but perhaps for texture, or for mixing well with other products. Unflavored is not really an advantage if it just all clumps up when you try to mix it, for example.
    Tbh i dont you will get many replies on this question as i dont think many people have brought many different unflavoured protein, just buy one with a good review and see where you from there.

ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZZZRated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The only "unflavored" I ever tried was Optimum Nutrition Any Whey, and it was nasty. I've tried Natures Best Isopure flavored before, and the powder is very fine, so I would think their unflavored might be ok.

Originally Posted by ZZZRated View Post
    The only "unflavored" I ever tried was Optimum Nutrition Any Whey, and it was nasty. I've tried Natures Best Isopure flavored before, and the powder is very fine, so I would think their unflavored might be ok.
    Thank you -- this was the sort of advice I was hoping to get: Which overall protein powder is of god quality, which carries unflavored, and put 2 and 2 together

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am pretty sure EDIT has an unflavored whey, but i have also heard unflavored can be a bit bitter
    Last edited by Bignbuff; 06-26-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hinchy11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried Bio X Nutrition Whey natural flavor just for cooking purposes but then when I was waiting for my flavored protein powder to come in I was out for a couple days and had to use the natural flavor and it was disgusting. The smell of it after shaking and the taste was just gross. I would say stick to flavored powder

lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000) lhockey is just really nice. (+1000)
    NOW whey isolate unflavored didn't taste like anything to me when i mixed it with cereal. it's good quality too.
    Keep getting bigger and stronger without messing up my joints (already pretty screwed)

Box Squat- 300lb
    Deadlift- 345lbs

Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118838601&page=30

Review thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118660261

I want to squat 2x my bodyweight

Make the Game Easy... B1GinNY82307's Avatar
    B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have and tried Supplement Direct's Whey (which happens to be unflavored) and mixes well...so far no problem whatsoever with it...
    Free Agent

BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BalloonKnot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lhockey View Post
    NOW whey isolate unflavored didn't taste like anything to me when i mixed it with cereal. it's good quality too.
    ^^^^^^^ This
    "The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."-T. Edison-

"Governments should also decrease the role of economists - they're no more reliable than astrologers, and they do more damage."-N. Taleb-

"A fundamental characteristic of our economy is that the financial system swings between robustness and fragility, and these swings are an integral part of the process that generates business cycles."-H. Minsky-

Thank you everyone. I will be looking into the NOW Whey powder at my next available chance, and if it doesn't work for me, I'll have a look into supplement direct.

I appreciate the advice!
    Embrace Fire, Love the Burn!

********: http://www.********.com/pages/Bry.Jensen.Fitness
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/BryJensen

csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500) csteagall is not very helpful. (-500)
    I love the Supplement Direct brand. I mix it with FF sugar free pudding. Mixes real easy, tastes real good!

Supplement Direct Rep REPS-Forum-Rep's Avatar
    REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000) REPS-Forum-Rep is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Thanks for supporting Supplement Direct everyone!

stalnoi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

potent isolate protein

I use potent isolate by "potent sports nutrition". It's not as chalky as others + mixes really well. Unflavored is best used in cooking and if you make your own shakes though, I wouldn't drink it as is, but it's pretty good in creamy soups Check out online and sites like Amazon

Originally Posted by BryJensen View Post

Thanks

ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibrahimsi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

im genetically like this mk.ultra's Avatar
    mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000) mk.ultra is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks
    NOW Whey Isolate

cross-flow microfiltered and very good price

LysMyMiss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LysMyMiss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LysMyMiss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    She never asked which one tastes best lol. she was asking which one was best as far as not having some weird taste and texture. lol to ignorance
    A minute on the lips; forever on the hips!

LysMyMiss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LysMyMiss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LysMyMiss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you -- this was the sort of advice I was hoping to get: Which overall protein powder is of god quality, which carries unflavored, and put 2 and 2 together
    I have the same question.... did you ever try this? Did it work? I want something flavorless that I can mix with V8 or orange juice, etc.
    A minute on the lips; forever on the hips!

Wow, I didn't realize this thread still even existed!
    Its been a long time, and truth be told, I just got used to the protein. My first experience was with Vanilla, which I found to be disgusting, but I've really settled in Myofusion milk chocolate, and I no longer have an issue with taste - its also great for use in other things, like protein bars, and protein pudding.

If you do go unflavored though, avoid plant based proteins. I guarantee they will have a strong flavor regardless.
    Embrace Fire, Love the Burn!

********: http://www.********.com/pages/Bry.Jensen.Fitness
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/BryJensen

PhD in Broscience, 2009 soundcheck129's Avatar
    soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soundcheck129 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LysMyMiss, you may want to check out IsoNatural, as it's an unflavored isolate - 118 calories, 28 g of protein, 1 g of carbohydrates and .2 g of fat in each serving. No artificial ingredients, 100% whey isolate from the US. It should mix seamlessly with whatever you throw at it
    ALLMAX Nutrition Rep

Free H:VOL! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165477791

Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Training and Nutrition

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely my opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX Nutrition. Consult a medical professional whenever your health is concerned.

makirio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplement Direct

Supplement Direct has the best unflavored protein. They stopped selling it for a while, so I don't know if the current ones are the same.

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    One more vote for Now Foods Whey Isolate unflavored.

mmgbl77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks
    I found an unflavored protein through Mike's Mix (they sell recovery drinks but also sell the protein they use in their recovery drinks) that was reasonably priced and legitimately had NO FLAVOR. I highlight that because it is straight up protein, nothing added. It mixes pretty well though and like I said, the price was pretty good.