adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)

Downsizing on the supps

I'm weening myself off supplements and decided to do this just with food. I was taking glutamine, citrulline, bcaa's which I stopped 4 months ago.

I have been off the creatine for 5 days now and couldn't feel better, I didn't know it but it was really messing me up. I was holding water, deyhration, just all around wasn't making me feel good. I know creatine is harmless but I'm that 1% where it wasn't agreeing with me. I lost 4lbs going off it in 5 days. 184 to 180 in this picture.

Currently I am only taking Dymatize ISO 100 Whey, once a day after a workout. Thinking about scratching that as well, trying to go 100% natural.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by adamgentile; 05-12-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So...

Organic food only?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500) Silencespeaks is not very helpful. (-500)
    You don’t need any supps. Just a multi vitamin for general health (if recommended by your doctor). Other than that don’t waste your money.

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Protein powder is dried food so it's natural. Use it for convenience. My morning meal is a shake simply due to time constraints.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could.
    Bodybuilders of the 40's and 50's didn't have supplements even turn of the century guys like Sandow didn't have anything really but good food and hard training.
    You can do it and you'll probably save yourself a bit of money you just need to be eating very well.

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    So...

Organic food only?
    If I was rich yes organic 100%. I try to do all meats organic now or grass fed.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Supps are overrated.
    David

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    You could.
    Bodybuilders of the 40's and 50's didn't have supplements even turn of the century guys like Sandow didn't have anything really but good food and hard training.
    You can do it and you'll probably save yourself a bit of money you just need to be eating very well.

:::::::::: AHEM ::::::::

turn of the century?

it's 2019 you know .... that phrase has to be shelved unless you specify

When I look at the cost of chicken breasts, and the cost to cook them, it's a hard sell that I would be saving money over a quality protein supp ... Never mind steak.

I eat two chicken breasts each day unless one is substituted by steak. I'm lucky if I can find steak under $10/lb

To the OP, you can eat what you wish as long as it achieves your goals
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm taking creatine, but really noticed no difference. The only reason I carry on taking it is because it's so cheap.

I was having whey protein once or twice a day, but I've been cutting back on that and having extra chicken or sausage instead. I've also been using it to make chocolate sludge which I'll use to coat a banana, along with peanut butter, which is more filling than a shake.

I do also eat protein pancakes and protein bars which are essentially made with protein powder, but I have these as occasional treats rather than everyday food. At the end of the day you can't beat a slab of cooked meat!

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some supplements IMO are to simply . . . wait for it . . . "supplement" areas in which your diet is lacking. Maybe your diet is more complete than mine, but I know that I fall short with Vit D, Vit C, Magnesium, and some others too, soooo I supplement for those deficiencies. I've experimented with fish oil, and I firmly believe that it helps my joints.

Getting enough protein is never an issue with me, so I've had fewer than 3 scoops of whey all year.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adamgentile View Post
    I know creatine is harmless but I'm that 1% where it wasn't agreeing with me.

Harmless can be debatable, you posted in another thread about people and bad form, creatine is still a performance booster and it does things to the muscles, which can promote muscle enhancement and neglect tendon and ligament development.

......sir, I really have no experience with that, which would provide the people who will take anything to get results the platform to just say that I don't know what the phuck I'm talking about?

......but messing around with these substances and training is very risky, see when you train hard, things happen in the body that are still unknown in science, include these substances and just about anything phucking thing can happen.

Why did a strong guy at age 50 one day take a weight a 600lb attempt a squat and tear both (not one) but phucking both of his tendons in both knees? He used a wide powerlifing style stance he weighed over 300 phucking pounds, this was a gym workout (not a contest), he was not a steroid user.

.....couple things, wide stance, overweight fatass, but strong upper body. He was definitely unbalanced, but was he taking a bunch of over the counter chit? Possibility?

.....he posts vids of him and his crew and they are all a bunch of phuck-tards who think they train hard, and they are all caught-up in all the B.S.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Harmless can be debatable, you posted in another thread about people and bad form, creatine is still a performance booster and it does things to the muscles, which can promote muscle enhancement and neglect tendon and ligament development.

......sir, I really have no experience with that, which would provide the people who will take anything to get results the platform to just say that I don't know what the phuck I'm talking about?

......but messing around with these substances and training is very risky, see when you train hard, things happen in the body that are still unknown in science, include these substances and just about anything phucking thing can happen.

Why did a strong guy at age 50 one day take a weight a 600lb attempt a squat and tear both (not one) but phucking both of his tendons in both knees? He used a wide powerlifing style stance he weighed over 300 phucking pounds, this was a gym workout (not a contest), he was not a steroid user.

.....couple things, wide stance, overweight fatass, but strong upper body. He was definitely unbalanced, but was he taking a bunch of over the counter chit? Possibility?

.....he posts vids of him and his crew and they are all a bunch of phuck-tards who think they train hard, and they are all caught-up in all the B.S.
    Sir this is an Arbys...

OP, really no need for supplements if your diet is complete. Creatine is one of those things that I never feel until I'm not using it. Recovery is the biggest benefit for me. Like Payton, fish oil has a noticeable effect on my joints and living in the northeast of the US, vit d is pretty essential. Other than that - food!
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post

Wow, that's crazy. Funny, I was always scared of supplements when younger because you never do know what kind of crap you are really getting. No clue why I got into them now. I'm sure it's just a mental thing, thinking I'm older that I need them.
    Last edited by adamgentile; 05-13-2019 at 06:01 AM.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dropped about half of mine recently, now I'm using just the basics: Creatine, Multi-Vitamin, Fish Oil, Vitamin D.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Relax starting56 you know what I'm talking about 100 years or more ago.
    Technically your right but i think OP gets the point.