Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    That's what I expected too,but mine don't pop at all. Very short attachments, and very flat.

Well, I think joint size plays a role in how they appear. I believe I have fairly small joints for a guy, 7" wrists w/ 16" forearms.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Short here. Great for baseball peaks, tuff gaining overall mass.

Last edited by gympunk; 06-28-2009 at 11:48 AM.

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Flex your biceps; see if there's a gap between the bottom of your biceps and the crook of your elbow. If you can fit more than one finger's width in there, you'd have what I would consider "short biceps." If there's little or no gap, you're genetically blessed with "long biceps."
    Originally Posted by Supfreak26 View Post

It appears I have short biceps. I can fit 2 fingers in that gap.

Thanks to all!
    Two finger gap here!
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Mine are short and I've never seen it as a disadvantage. I like the way they look. When I flex them it looks like I have a baseball forming under the skin.
    Same thing for me - got a set of baseballs forming. Just starting to see a peak.
    Check the gap on this shot from just over a year ago.
    Last edited by BergMuscle; 06-28-2009 at 07:10 AM.

bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never really understood the difference. Everyone has a different shape, it seems.

Here's me. Are they short or long?

Tony

"The time was 6 o'clock on the Swatch watch, no time to chill, got a date, can't be late, hey, the girl is gunna do me. Cruise to the jacuzzi, ooo, that booty, smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh no!"

OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think my biceps are long, I can just squeeze a finger in the gap between muscle and forearm.... I've had someone actually come to me on the gym and compliment me for my long biceps, but I dont know... the shorter bicep does tend to show a nice peak when flexed and seems to maintain a more defined apearance when not flexed.... I guess in the end both have their pro's and con's and of course we always want what we cant have.... I'd like to be 6'2" and 250lbs of solid muscle..... but its never gonna happen in this lifetime LOL

OZBB

BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bamaster View Post
    I never really understood the difference. Everyone has a different shape, it seems.

I'd say short based on this photo. Looks like one or two fingers could fit between the end of your flexed bicep and your forearm.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Flex the bicep so we can see it

LOL I would say you have a long bicep, short biceps are extremely short and the gap is very noticeable, yours has only a slight gap.
    On the list for Bannukah

bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Flex the bicep so we can see it

LOL I would say you have a long bicep, short biceps are extremely short and the gap is very noticeable, yours has only a slight gap.
    Only a slight gap... just like my womenz!
    Tony

"The time was 6 o'clock on the Swatch watch, no time to chill, got a date, can't be late, hey, the girl is gunna do me. Cruise to the jacuzzi, ooo, that booty, smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh no!"

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Only a slight gap... just like my womenz!
    Oh hell no you did not just say that LMFAO!!!!!

Look at the gaps on my biceps. Very short.

On the list for Bannukah

ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardsranger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    If you have short bi's you'll wish you had long........... if you have long bi's you'll wish you had short.........

I'm with DM, long bi's here and I don't think I'll ever have a decent peak.

That is so TRUE,, i have LONG ones. they take a huge amout of effort to make them look bigger flexed. But i do like the LONG ones arms look great hanging down.

rep ya for that
    May the blessings of the Lord be with you and yours

My workout is posted in this thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=310493341#post310493341

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am just glad I have biceps.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From what I understand, the longer the "muscle belly" of the bicep, the larger your arm can be developed. There is simply more muscle there to work and eventually grow. Think of a rubber band, a short one will bow, and produce quite a peak, but a longer rubber band when bowed will produce a much larger peak. It may seem overly simplistic, but I suspect that it's not an incorrect analogy. Not that individuals with short biceps can't produce some incredibly impressive results!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In reality, I am very dubious of this stuff, I find it hard to believe a 1/4-1/2" space can make that much difference in the overall scheme of things. I know I am wrong, but it seems too much is made of this. Just work your ass off with what you've been given, and you will be fine.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    From what I understand, the longer the "muscle belly" of the bicep, the larger your arm can be developed. There is simply more muscle there to work and eventually grow. Think of a rubber band, a short one will bow, and produce quite a peak, but a longer rubber band when bowed will produce a much larger peak. It may seem overly simplistic, but I suspect that it's not an incorrect analogy. Not that individuals with short biceps can't produce some incredibly impressive results!
    Although, a short bicep only has upward to grow, resulting in a large peak. Long biceps rarely seem to ge the same peak. When it's all said and done the illusion of size is more important than the actual size.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1devil View Post
    Although, a short bicep only has upward to grow, resulting in a large peak. Long biceps rarely seem to ge the same peak. When it's all said and done the illusion of size is more important than the actual size.
    I think you may be right with the "illusion of size." A long bicep when flexed does appear to be much larger, when in reality, it might not be. In my minds eye, a longer bicep is much more impressive, but as one poster stated, that might be because I have short, stubby ones! LOL
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    I think you may be right with the "illusion of size." A long bicep when flexed does appear to be much larger, when in reality, it might not be. In my minds eye, a longer bicep is much more impressive, but as one poster stated, that might be because I have short, stubby ones! LOL
    Additionally short biceps always seem to expand more in size than long biceps when flexed. My bi's are very long but just kind of sit there like big blobs.

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    I find it hard to believe a 1/4-1/2" space can make that much difference in the overall scheme of things.

I have a good inch and a half space, not just 1/4-1/2".

When it's all said and done the illusion of size is more important than the actual size.
    For me size would have to be an illusion!
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

Originally Posted by BJE View Post

I have a good inch and a half space, not just 1/4-1/2".

For me size would have to be an illusion!
    The shape is good. The space creates a contrast against the muscle. If the muscle was longer it would look smaller

He's right BJE.

But the people in the know say 1 finger gap makes it a short insert. 1/2"

BJE, I say you have a high (short) bicep and the beginning of a nice peak. You've got the base of a great set of guns.

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are so many variables involved when deciding if your biceps are short or long, and where's the cut off point?
    Is it possible to have a "normal" bicep length were it isn't one or the other!

My biceps are quite big, some have said there're short, but I'm not so sure, looking at other guys pictures.
    It also depends on your pose too, particularly the angle of the forearm to the upper arm.
    I have an inch gap if it's 90% and it's almost none at 45%, it's all so vague!

Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by clive View Post
    There are so many variables involved when deciding if your biceps are short or long, and where's the cut off point?

My biceps are quite big, some have said there're short, but I'm not so sure, looking at other guys pictures.
    It also depends on your pose too, particularly the angle of the forearm to the upper arm.

Absolutely short........ nothing vague about it.
    Was friends with Methuselah

clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) clive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Absolutely short........ nothing vague about it.
    Ok fair enough, can someone now show me what a long bicep looks like then, in the same pose!
    I'm convinced when people say there've got a long bicep it's usually because it's not peaked and visually looks longer.
    I bet 9 times out of 10 it’s actually no longer than mine.
    Last edited by clive; 07-01-2009 at 06:39 AM.
    Tennis balls?...........my Biceps are as big as Grapefruits!

Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zaxxxon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mine are short (just to add to the growing stats), but they ball up nice n round. I'm happy with that. :-)
    Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisors bring success. Pv15:22.

Genomyx, Biotivia, CL, DS fan boy.

Abliderate Advance Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145111921

it's funny how about 80-90% of the people on here have short biceps. Seems like it should be 50/50

Full bicep + high peak
    On the list for Bannukah

Ok fair enough, can someone now show me what a long bicep looks like then, in the same pose!
    I'm convinced when people say there've got a long bicep it's usually because it's not peaked and visually looks longer.
    I bet 9 times out of 10 it?s actually no longer than mine.
    Different pose, but clearly an example of a biceps..with little to no peak:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...&ppuser=187565

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs up props

Different pose, but clearly an example of a biceps..with little to no peak:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...&ppuser=187565
    Big arse guns!! Dang!

I bet 9 times out of 10 it?s actually no longer than mine.
    I'm afraid you're wrong again........... is this a trend?