massbuildah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PT cert...how long does it take?

Just a question regarding the different certifications, opinions on ACE vs ISSA vs NESTA vs any others.....and wondering how long it takes to complete the programs and actually get certified?

Thanks.
    If you want to lift more weight, just lift more weight...

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It all depends on your background. Usually 3-6 months is a good estimate.

I have seen people who have B.S. in exercise science get the materials and pass the test within the first month. If you have no real previous experience, get the materials, study until you get the material down, go to workshops, and shadow a trainer if you can.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    It all depends on your background. Usually 3-6 months is a good estimate.

I have seen people who have B.S. in exercise science get the materials and pass the test within the first month. If you have no real previous experience, get the materials, study until you get the material down, go to workshops, and shadow a trainer if you can.
    ^^^This.

I did ISSA during the second semester of college last year. I started mid January and finished early April. That was with just an hour or so every evening studying and taking quizes. I think ISSA could be done in 2 if pretty easily if you have the time to really study.
    www.kylelongfitness.com

ISSA-Certified Personal Trainer
    ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer (In progress!)

The most important wealth is your health!

Is it wrong to be strong?

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nclark44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    During winter break from college this year, ISSA took me two weeks to finish.

massbuildah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nclark44 View Post
    During winter break from college this year, ISSA took me two weeks to finish.

Two weeks? wow, cool...thanks guys.
    If you want to lift more weight, just lift more weight...

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by massbuildah View Post
    Just a question regarding the different certifications, opinions on ACE vs ISSA vs NESTA vs any others.....and wondering how long it takes to complete the programs and actually get certified?

Thanks.
    It doesn't really matter because no one will care. Ther only people who are even interested in which one you chose are the people who own the gym. The only care because they are required to. In the old days, none of us were certified and we got by just fine.

Rafy0003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you recommend any site's? I work ALOT, And I wanna get certified for this online, Any good sites?

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    Do you recommend any site's? I work ALOT, And I wanna get certified for this online, Any good sites?
    You can do ISSA online/at home...here is a link for you...Took me about 5 months, but it can be done quicker if you have more time or already know a lot of the material.

http://www.issaonline.com/index.cfm?...%2AP0%20%20%0A

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

daveapple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveapple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveapple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveapple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I studied for ACE for a little under a month and half (maybe 30 minutes a day max) and passed. Background is a BS in Nutritional Sciences. Overlap was mainly in vocabulary.

Study (nearly memorize) the "Master the Manual" book in the ACE package and it isn't that bad.
    The great majority of men are bundles of beginnings.

-Emerson