badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100)

Fat consumption while cutting?

To cut down from 220lbs.

What around should be my fat intake per day?

Thanks
    Ain't nothing to it, but to do it.

dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dency45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    10-20% fat.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    it really doesn't matter, the only macro you should care about if you want to preserve muscle is your protein macro. I keep it at 1g per 1lb lean body weight which comes out to ~30-35% my caloric intake. The other 65-70% can be any mix of fat/carbs, both are a fuel source to the body, protein is a building block. Unless I'm doing keto, I could care less about my fat/carb macros. If you are doing keto, you could be intaking as much as 70% of your calories from fat. If you are eating high amounts of fat, try to make them come from mono/poly unsaturated sources, not from animal products, which are rich in saturated fats. Cold water fish have a good amount of fat but they're the exception as they're generally rich in the mono/poly sources. Don't fear fat at all on a cut, fear the caloric intake, that's the most important number.
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wlknier View Post
    it really doesn't matter, the only macro you should care about if you want to preserve muscle is your protein macro. I keep it at 1g per 1lb lean body weight which comes out to ~30-35% my caloric intake. The other 65-70% can be any mix of fat/carbs, both are a fuel source to the body, protein is a building block. Unless I'm doing keto, I could care less about my fat/carb macros. If you are doing keto, you could be intaking as much as 70% of your calories from fat. If you are eating high amounts of fat, try to make them come from mono/poly unsaturated sources, not from animal products, which are rich in saturated fats. Cold water fish have a good amount of fat but they're the exception as they're generally rich in the mono/poly sources. Don't fear fat at all on a cut, fear the caloric intake, that's the most important number.

Hmmmm, I agree with you about everything, except I'm wondering about the animal product....

A keto diet I know is all about fats and I'm on one right now, but I do use as my main source of fat a nice juicy steak or some ground beef and it's working for me...I know you should get mostly mono & poly, but I've come to an agreement that the dinner portion should actually be an animal cut meal..ie steak, ground beef, juicy fatty animal yum yum...

I think I'm just going more in depth with the keto talk, so I'll stop now and detour this back to a keto forum lol.
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116625001

badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100) badguy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks wlknier for taking the time.

Really appreciate it.

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by soccerdude09 View Post

Hmmmm, I agree with you about everything, except I'm wondering about the animal product....

A keto diet I know is all about fats and I'm on one right now, but I do use as my main source of fat a nice juicy steak or some ground beef and it's working for me...I know you should get mostly mono & poly, but I've come to an agreement that the dinner portion should actually be an animal cut meal..ie steak, ground beef, juicy fatty animal yum yum...

I think I'm just going more in depth with the keto talk, so I'll stop now and detour this back to a keto forum lol.
    And I bet you **** bricks too.

The keto works but lets be serious, is it good? You can't eat fruits and vegetables, WTF diet is that? Meat and cheese might make you lose weight, but I don't eat meat... so I would much rather just enjoy a real "diet" (I hate that word so much).

soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Djin View Post

The keto works but lets be serious, is it good? You can't eat fruits and vegetables, WTF diet is that? Meat and cheese might make you lose weight, but I don't eat meat... so I would much rather just enjoy a real "diet" (I hate that word so much).
    Your right...but only if I eat enough fiber....this palumbo diet I'm on right now actually isn't that bad...protein shakes, veggies, meat, cheese...refeed with the things you said I can't have...actually sounds pretty good to me imo...but I'll end this here and take it back to keto....

OP...I'd say get some good fats ..olive oil, natty pb, fish oil fo sho....
    My Keto Log:

NOT EVEN VEGETABLES?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I never was interested in that method, thank god!

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by badguy View Post
    NOT EVEN VEGETABLES?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I never was interested in that method, thank god!
    With keto, carbs are the enemy. The diet works, but I just can't think about all the stuff you eat to lose weight. Just goes against what I believe in, also I don't eat meat, so keto and I would be an epic fail.

With keto, carbs are the enemy. The diet works, but I just can't think about all the stuff you eat to lose weight. Just goes against what I believe in, also I don't eat meat, so keto and I would be an epic fail.
    you play wow?...jsut wonderign I used to and they said epc fail a lot
    My Keto Log:

Originally Posted by soccerdude09 View Post
    you play wow?...jsut wonderign I used to and they said epc fail a lot
    I have played WoW, but only the trial. I was an EQ2 and Guild Wars person. I also use to be a news writter for mmorpg.com back in the days. I played like 70% of MMORPGs when I was 245lbs. But lol @ epic fail. No, I got it from another place.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no vegetables on keto? news to me

every keto meal i have includes a vegetable or else you don't poop

mind you, it has to be a dark green vegetable, not carrots, peas, corn, iceberg lettuce...on a side note, i count my legumes, peas, corn all as "whole grains" rather than vegetables

for a CKD, you'd stay under 30g NET carbs per day

net carbs = total carbs - fiber - sugar alcohols(sucralose, xyoribitol, etc) - alcohols

items like spinach have <1g net carbs per like 2 cups you eat, you'd have to eat damn near 2lbs of spinach to eat more than 30g net carbs

broccoli, asparagus, okra, leafy greens, celery, cucumbers are all amazing for keto diets, generally <2g net carbs per serving

hell even beer is ok since the alcohol is a "carb" but it's processed by the liver and not the pancreas so it has little to not effect on insulin levels..which is why miller lite says "only 3.2g carbs and 96 calories" yes, 3.2 _net_ carbs, the other calories aren't fat/protein, they're also carbs, alcohol carbs

same goes for fiber and sugar alcohols, they're so hard to break down they provide little to no calories, hence 2-3 cals per 1g sugar alcohol vs 4 cals per 1g sugar and fiber is more or less 0 cals

So my keto meal plan looks as such:

1.5 servings healthy fat - 200-300 cals
    1 serving lean protein - 100-120 cals
    1 serving dark greens - 5-25 cals

and about the healthy fat, yea, you could just do saturated, i say mono/poly as best as possible since they're easier for the body to break down should result in a feeling of more energy while on keto, just a theory and broscience though, there is no exact right or wrong to your fat sources on keto, just preference from person to person

/rant
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wlknier View Post
    no vegetables on keto? news to me

every keto meal i have includes a vegetable or else you don't poop

mind you, it has to be a dark green vegetable, not carrots, peas, corn, iceberg lettuce...on a side note, i count my legumes, peas, corn all as "whole grains" rather than vegetables

for a CKD, you'd stay under 30g NET carbs per day

net carbs = total carbs - fiber - sugar alcohols(sucralose, xyoribitol, etc) - alcohols

items like spinach have <1g net carbs per like 2 cups you eat, you'd have to eat damn near 2lbs of spinach to eat more than 30g net carbs

broccoli, asparagus, okra, leafy greens, celery, cucumbers are all amazing for keto diets, generally <2g net carbs per serving

hell even beer is ok since the alcohol is a "carb" but it's processed by the liver and not the pancreas so it has little to not effect on insulin levels..which is why miller lite says "only 3.2g carbs and 96 calories" yes, 3.2 _net_ carbs, the other calories aren't fat/protein, they're also carbs, alcohol carbs

same goes for fiber and sugar alcohols, they're so hard to break down they provide little to no calories, hence 2-3 cals per 1g sugar alcohol vs 4 cals per 1g sugar and fiber is more or less 0 cals

So my keto meal plan looks as such:

1.5 servings healthy fat - 200-300 cals
    1 serving lean protein - 100-120 cals
    1 serving dark greens - 5-25 cals

and about the healthy fat, yea, you could just do saturated, i say mono/poly as best as possible since they're easier for the body to break down should result in a feeling of more energy while on keto, just a theory and broscience though, there is no exact right or wrong to your fat sources on keto, just preference from person to person

/rant
    ya he got to it before me, and said it better. veggies r fine on (well im on the AD, basically a ckd). and i poop fine.

Ya me too, I love to poop.