justiss282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Issues with diet

Hi guys, just wanted to say after doing a lot of reading on the site I've gotten a good deal of information in order to get started with my cut/weight loss, though the issue I'm having now is basically my overall diet. I'm about 5'10 and around 164lbs at the moment (I guess I would consider myself to be skinny fat), and have figured I should be taking in about 1800 cals a day. After doing some research on the site I started to try and take in around 250g of protein, 100g of carbs, and about 50g of fat per day. I do weight training about 5 to 6 days a week (usually take Sunday off), and about 20 minutes of high intensity cardio after weight training. My diet previous to this wasn't working out so great and I noticed after about a month I was seeing absolutely no results, so I decided on the above numbers to see if that would have any kind of significant improvement. Basically just looking for any kind of advice, and if what I'm currently taking in looks pretty good, or should I make some more changes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) iannotti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by justiss282 View Post
    Hi guys, just wanted to say after doing a lot of reading on the site I've gotten a good deal of information in order to get started with my cut/weight loss, though the issue I'm having now is basically my overall diet. I'm about 5'10 and around 164lbs at the moment (I guess I would consider myself to be skinny fat), and have figured I should be taking in about 1800 cals a day. After doing some research on the site I started to try and take in around 250g of protein, 100g of carbs, and about 50g of fat per day. I do weight training about 5 to 6 days a week (usually take Sunday off), and about 20 minutes of high intensity cardio after weight training. My diet previous to this wasn't working out so great and I noticed after about a month I was seeing absolutely no results, so I decided on the above numbers to see if that would have any kind of significant improvement. Basically just looking for any kind of advice, and if what I'm currently taking in looks pretty good, or should I make some more changes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Try out your new diet. Wait 2 weeks and evaluate your results!
    http://www.dietreviews4dummies.com

Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100) Johnny_Ringo_09 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by justiss282 View Post
    I'm about 5'10 and around 164lbs at the moment (I guess I would consider myself to be skinny fat), and have figured I should be taking in about 1800 cals a day.
    You should really consider a clean bulk. Lift hard and heavy at the gym, minimize cardio, get plenty of rest, and eat 3750 calories per day. Once you get up to 190 lbs, then do a cut to get back down to a good BF%. Keep doing this - clean bulk, then cut, until you are where you want to be. At 164 lbs, you are in much more need of putting on muscle than losing fat, IMHO.

Also, read up on clean bulking in other threads - there may be better ways to do it than I've outlined above.

soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerdude09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Johnny_Ringo_09 View Post
    You should really consider a clean bulk. Lift hard and heavy at the gym, minimize cardio, get plenty of rest, and eat 3750 calories per day. Once you get up to 190 lbs, then do a cut to get back down to a good BF%. Keep doing this - clean bulk, then cut, until you are where you want to be. At 164 lbs, you are in much more need of putting on muscle than losing fat, IMHO.

Also, read up on clean bulking in other threads - there may be better ways to do it than I've outlined above.
    Well, I'd like to see pic's cause 5'11" at 165 lbs you could look good and cut, not bulk like a machine, but I'm betting if you had a little more muscle on him and cutted back down to say 160 ...he'd look cut as #$%^......

I would say...get some muscle on ya to help the cutting out a bit more, try yoru diet for two weeks like the person earlier said...take pics, evalutae yourself by the mirror not the scale....if you don't lost anything and you look better, you might be adding muscle and bulking by accident lol.....

use fitday.....it helps a lot and if you results are good enough you could post them on here for everybody like you now.....

I always say...if your going to cut, you should feel like your on a cut...let ppl know and have them be your mini motivators....no pain no gain my friend....

good luck to ya!
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116625001

justiss282 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by soccerdude09 View Post
    Well, I'd like to see pic's cause 5'11" at 165 lbs you could look good and cut, not bulk like a machine, but I'm betting if you had a little more muscle on him and cutted back down to say 160 ...he'd look cut as #$%^......

I would say...get some muscle on ya to help the cutting out a bit more, try yoru diet for two weeks like the person earlier said...take pics, evalutae yourself by the mirror not the scale....if you don't lost anything and you look better, you might be adding muscle and bulking by accident lol.....

use fitday.....it helps a lot and if you results are good enough you could post them on here for everybody like you now.....

I always say...if your going to cut, you should feel like your on a cut...let ppl know and have them be your mini motivators....no pain no gain my friend....

good luck to ya!
    I appreciate the advice guys. I think I'll go on with the new diet and see how it works out for a couple weeks as suggested. Like I said I'm not really trying to loose a lot of weight or anything, just trying to get rid of some fat, so we shall see. I'll post up my results in a couple of weeks, and see if anything changes. Thanks again.