LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein power bars

i was just wondering if the protein bars work. I just bought some of the power bars i was just looking for some replies from people who have tried them.

Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grrrr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, protein bars aren't really that high quality, but neither is whey if you want to get technical. Protein bars are a expedient source of protein. I use them a lot when i'm on the road/between classes/etc. If you are going to use them while you are around the house, i'd forget it.

LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LiftForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok thanx for your input. anyone else have any replys?

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You mean PowerBar Protein Plus bars? They all suck except the peanut butter ones.

Quality of the protein, no idea. Bars arent really the kind of thing that is possible to get 'results' from. That's like asking "how those walnuts are workin for ya?". You dont get enough from them for any result. THey are basicly just a way to fufill a sweet tooth and not cheat.

Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    detours taste good
    To be the "great one" you got to beat the great one.

El Greco's favourite website:
    www.fortifiediron.com
    Http://forums.fortifiedIron.com

sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can make your own home made protein bars.
    This was posted by *YJ* in this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ht=meal+recipe

and if you want a snack to gain on, try these homemade protein bars, thanks to wardog

#1 Here is the recipe:

16 ounces Natural peanut butter
    8 tablespoons honey
    six scoops of Optimum Chocolate whey protein powder
    1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together. Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge.

This is a great tasting recipe that I modified from one I found on 'bolex

Now here is the breakdown on a batch of the goodies:

Protein: 254 grams
    Carbohydrates: 282 grams
    Fats: 236 grams

This batch gives you a whopping 4268 calories. Thats right, over 4000 Calories and 250+ grams of protein.

These are very helpful when bulking to get those much needed calories. Theres plenty more recipes out there, these are some personal favorites.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Done that before, now THAT is a good tasting bar! I would rather eat one of those over a Detour. It has a loooot of peanut butter and honey in it though.

slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) slaps76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Define "work." They're basically just a snack, they're going to "work" like food is supposed to work. I think the power bars protien plus taste ok, they're not bad.

what i meant by work is are they worth spending money on.

sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10) sup_builder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most people suggest that any protein bars in the stores have some sugar in them which is bad for you. So you can control the amount of sugar and other nutritions if you make your own bars at home. So I guess It's not worth it to buy the protein bars, unless you have a couple of $$$ to try.

Rsottoway43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Id use them...

If I were you I would use them because they are a source of protein. Sometimes we all get to technical and advanced with our protein and food and supplements and forget to just eat it. Protein Plus power bars have what, 20 grams or something of protein? Hell, eat it, but make sure this isnt the only protein you are consuming throughout the day. Personally I think they taste pretty good and when I need some protein and these are the only thing I can get my hands on, I gobble them up.

Just my advice

Ryan