-iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

-iLift's- Log of Greatness.

So after putting it off for a while, I've finally started this log. I decided to put it here since I will be focusing on wrestling, and eventually some MMA related stuff.

Some background on me:

I'm seventeen, currently going into my senior year of HS. I've always wanted to do a sport, but due to laziness and lack of dedication, I have never done it. That, and I was a fatass until about a year and a half ago. Well, I finally decided to do what I wanted to do, and I've been attending wrestling practices at my school for the last couple of months. I'm the only real newbie there, but everyone there's helpful, so I'm still learning, even while getting my ass handed to me.

All my lifting/workouts will be geared towards getting ready for the wrestling season. I am currently on a cut, but I will be done with that soon.

My weak spot is my diet. I love eating, and I swear tasty delicious morsels are always finding there way to my vicinity. I don't mind my "clean" food, in fact I look forward to my cottage cheese or my morning protein shakes. But, god knows it's difficult to say no to that soft, moist brownie with a scoop of glistening ice cream on top. NOMNOMNONMNOMNONM.

I want to enroll into some BJJ/MT classes, but currently I am broke and am looking for a job, so stay tuned for that.
    Anyways, I will update this post/thread to include anything I left out.

Here's to kicking some ass.

-iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -iLift- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Day 1
    Workout:
    15 min. Warm-up jog.
    Front Squats 5x5
    Pull-ups 3x5

Diet:

Meal 1:
    1 cup skim milk
    2 scoops of whey
    a bananer

Meal 2:
    1 cup cottage cheese
    large apple
    serving of almonds

Post-practice scoop of whey in water

Meal 3:

Large bowl of WW pasta with veggies, EVVO, and chicken. And yes, I was trying to make up for missing calories

Woke up at around 10:45 am. I'm going to have to clean up my sleeping schedule. This is ridonkulous.

Did some cleaning/washing around the house, then I hit the gym around 2:30 PM.

I jogged to the gym as my usual warmup, and then I did the Crossfit WOD. I added some pull ups, and practiced my clean technique. My main problem is that I seem to automatically palming the weight when I catch it, instead of catching it on my fingertips.

I wanted to conserve energy for wrestling practice later tonight, so I left after that.

I got home, and shadow wrestled for a bit, and then had the task of coercing my mother into letting me go to practice. It took about four phone calls, but I finally managed to break her. My mom isn't to fond of me doing things she isn't fond of.

Anyways, it was time to get a-steppin', so I took on my hour long trek of walking to practice. I ended up getting sweaty before I got there.

We warmed up, for about 15 minutes, then we drilled some Hi-C's, some snapdowns, and a couple of throws. It was pretty much teaching us how to set them up correctly.

I sucked at the snap-downs, and throws (was the first time I've ever attempted a throw), but my takedowns were solid. I managed to finish almost all of them, and I did't forget to stay with my opponent. Before that I usually just picked them up and threw them, lulz.

We wrestled live for the last 30 minutes, with Duus mixing it up here and there. I wrestled the guy who I had been drilling with, who was in his early twenties, an ex high school wrestler. He stuffed most of my takedowns, and he had control for the majority of the time. I managed to escape most of the time, and I was even able to get on top a couple of times.

After that, I ended up with one of the trainers who has a good thirty pound on me. He let me practice on him though, and gave me some pointers. I was feeling good up until the end of this round. I've been doing a lot of conditioning and circuits up until now to help me on the mat. But lugging, pushing and pulling a 180 lb man really showed me how far I have to go. I was dead-ass tired by the end of this. As in wanting to puke.

And then I somehow ended up with a guy about my size. Except this guy is on the National team.

He pretty much threw me around the entire time, but I noticed something with him that I notice in all the elite wrestlers at my club. They're all extremely aggressive from the get go. As soon as we started he was bouncing around faking left, right, tapping my head. I would've reciprocated, but I felt like I was about to fall into a coma.

I have never felt like I wanted to quit, but I did at this point. I'm not sure why, but I had this brief thought of just getting my stuff and leaving (which I NEVER have), because I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the next round. I quickly shut it out, though. No way I was quitting.

For the last session, I ended up with a guy maybe 10 lbs lighter than me. I would've done decent, if I wasn't fighting just to stay conscious. We only ended up going one round, though. I guess Duus saw me huffing like the ****ing big bad wolf, so he turned the last two rounds into conditioning drills. Two rounds of two straight minutes of not stop takedowns. Thankfully, the gods were with me, and I was able to get through both rounds.

Actually, I lied. We had ended up having one last round of live wrestling, in which I was put into the scissors (I think that's what they're called). One of the varsity guys had done this to break me in, but this sadistic SOB nearly made me sh*t my intestines out.

Thanks to my sweatiness, I managed to break my wrist free and nearly wriggle out of this torture device. I decide to stick it to this f*cker, so I planted my forearm across his face and pushed off of it while I nearly squirmed out, until Duus blew the whistle.

Afterward, I did a couple sets on the neck machine, and some pull-ups. I was not looking forward to the hour walk back home, but thanks be to Buddha I saw on of my friends, and he offered me a ride.

Afterthoughts

I did better today. My takedowns are getting better, I managed to not get gassed until halfway through practice. I felt helpless in a couple of situations due to my lack of technique, so I just did some of the things I've seen some other guys do, and they helped a couple of times. And I completely forgot to incorporate some trips today. I kept telling myself before practice to not forget, and of course I forgot.

This practice made me realize I have to hit the cardio even harder. My muscles managed to pull me through (I didn't cramp up this practice, yes!), but my heart felt as if it was ready to implode. This calls for more sprints and circuits.

I'm going to cut until the end of this week, and then I'm done until fall rolls around. After seeing how deceptively heavy some of these guys look, I realized look like a holocaust victim, and I need to utilize these few months efficiently to gain as much strength and power as possible, while still improving my conditioning.

Overall, it was another ass-kicking practice. For only having ingested 900 calories prior, I felt pretty good. I need to learn to push through pain. When I was wrestling the Nat. Team Guy, there were a couple of instances were I could've escaped, or at least fought harder, but I didn't. My brain was overloaded and all I could hear coming from it "AHHHHHHHHH PAIN, IT HURTS, OH LAWDY HALPHALP!@#!@#!" where as at the beginning of practice my mind was relatively clear, and I was strategizing better, directing my body more efficiently. So instead of pushing long enough to get out, I was giving small bursts of resistance and then dieing out.

I know I could do this. I just going to practice clearing my head, and staying focused on what I am doing. It's all mental, it's all in my head, baby.

FOCUS, HENRY, FOCUS.
    Last edited by -iLift-; 06-23-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Woke with the usual morning after pain. Neck, head , legs, you know the deal.

I'm going to recover for now, and hit the gym later tonight.