slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many bicep exercises?

How many bicep exercises should I be doing per workout for maximum growth/more size?

I currently do in the range of 6 or 7 (3 sets per). Is this too much? My form does not get sloppy, nor is my weight getting really low in the later exercieses.

I want maximum size and have no problem keeping up with the 6 or 7 exercises; however is less would be more benficial for size gains then I don't want to overdue it.

Please post your knowledgeable input. Thanks!
    T.J.
    -you want my actual maxes or my e-stat maxes? Some frickin' people!!

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by slikjr View Post
    How many bicep exercises should I be doing per workout for maximum growth/more size?

I currently do in the range of 6 or 7 (3 sets per). Is this too much? My form does not get sloppy, nor is my weight getting really low in the later exercieses.

I want maximum size and have no problem keeping up with the 6 or 7 exercises; however is less would be more benficial for size gains then I don't want to overdue it.

it really depends man, there is no special rep / set range, you need to experiment and see what works for your body / or individual goals.

maybe try less sets with a different rep scheme, keep a log and keep track. - Jim

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Generally speaking for mass gains it's 6-9 sets for the biceps with 8-12 reps each and 10-12 for big body parts 8-12 reps each with 45 second rest times between sets. I usually do like 12 sets for biceps and triceps and shoulders though and do around 15-18 for chest/back/legs.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    How often do you work out? what program are you on? Whats your rep range? What are your goals? How often do you hit a body part?

Seriously there is not enough information to give any type of educated response.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by slikjr View Post

This varies for everyone, but the most basic advice I can give regarding arm (bicep) size is the following:

Pick 2 of the following 4 exercises that work best for you:

BB curls (Straight or Curl bar)
    DB curls
    Incline curls
    Preacher curls

and do 4-5 sets of 6-10 reps each.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    How often do you work out? what program are you on? Whats your rep range? What are your goals? How often do you hit a body part?

Seriously there is not enough information to give any type of educated response.
    I much prefer the uneducated responses. They're ever so much more entertaining...
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeRandomName is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do 3 exercises with 3 sets of 4-8 reps. I do NOT do biceps on back day though, so they're not pre-exhausted.

slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slikjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

"Seriously"!? When you give all the information on this forum you get all the dumb asses who shouldn't ever reply to any posts answering crap that they know nothing about!

We'll keep things as "general" as possible in hopes of idiots not chiming in with their not even .02 worth of experience.

-Wildtim...not saying you're one of them by any means. But in my experience, that's what happens. I'm an educated guy in the physcial body, I have diplomas to prove it... so I throw out the general questions to help see what other ppl are doing and get others recommendations.
    T.J.
    -you want my actual maxes or my e-stat maxes? Some frickin' people!!

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Everyones different but my biceps didn't start seeing improvement until i scaled back on the volume, now i perform weighted chins and 4x6-8 barbell curls 3 times a week and my biceps have grown considerably, sometimes the basic approach is far more useful.

Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Staxed1989 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    This varies for everyone, but the most basic advice I can give regarding arm (bicep) size is the following:

Pick 2 of the following 4 exercises that work best for you:

BB curls (Straight or Curl bar)
    DB curls
    Incline curls
    Preacher curls

and do 4-5 sets of 6-10 reps each.
    This. I do EZ curls for 4 sets and DB curls for 4 sets. Sometimes I may also add a few sets of hammer curls.