sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What effects do alcohol have?

Does alcohol once a week in large amounts, or smoking weed once a week effect the gains of lifting? Cant be good, but will it hurt me alot

rdy for rapture, Mr.Tower Caspahh's Avatar
    Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sports3662 View Post
    Does alcohol once a week in large amounts, or smoking weed once a week effect the gains of lifting? Cant be good, but will it hurt me alot
    I was curious as to the effects of alcohol on body building and then I stumbled across this article:

Alcohol and Bodybuilding - Do They Mix?
    By: Big Red

I can't post links yet, so someone else might have to. Or just google the article title. Basically the article says that alcohol has several negative effects on body building. (Empty Calories, Dehydration, Slows Down Protein Synthesis, Lowers Testosterone Levels, etc.)

ETA: Not really sure why this is posted in the supplement section...

I guess someone somewhere might use beer as a supplement
    Last edited by Caspahh; 06-21-2009 at 07:42 PM.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sports3662 View Post
    What effects do alcohol have?
    None that are beneficial to bodybuilding.
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

Registered User LakeshoreKarate's Avatar
    LakeshoreKarate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your body uses the nervous system to adapt to exercise. Alcohol and drugs will greatly affect the CNS. By doing damge to your nervous system, you're inhibiting your potential to grow. I suppose a drink here or there wouldn't be the end of the world, but I can't really tell you what kind of effect occasional weed-smoking may have...

If you're serious about bodybuilding, then I would reccomend keeping alcohol and drugs out of the picture

sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sports3662 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yea just sold my bowl so wont be smoking reef anymore, as to drinking that has been slowing down, so bring on the gains

Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Caspahh View Post
    I was curious as to the effects of alcohol on body building and then I stumbled across this article:

Alcohol and Bodybuilding - Do They Mix?
    By: Big Red

I can't post links yet, so someone else might have to. Or just google the article title. Basically the article says that alcohol has several negative effects on body building. (Empty Calories, Dehydration, Slows Down Protein Synthesis, Lowers Testosterone Levels, etc.)

ETA: Not really sure why this is posted in the supplement section...

I guess someone somewhere might use beer as a supplement
    Sumo wrestlers actually drink a lot of beer . Basically they train, sleep, eat, and drink beer.
    Blue Print Believer!

http://bodybuildingsupplements.com

Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000) Caspahh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Inagren View Post
    Sumo wrestlers actually drink a lot of beer . Basically they train, sleep, eat, and drink beer.
    Sounds like quite the life

Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Campbell23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The effects of alcohol
    "Get Your Mind Right"

I rep back.
    Green for Green; Red for Red; No Grey.

WhiteAfricanSpaceChrist peteskeys's Avatar
    peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know someone who told me that smoking weed actually helped their gains since they ate a ton whenever they were high. But other than that, not good for your respiratory system, suppresses your immune system which is already taxed enough from lifting hard, etc. As for alcohol, ditto what's already been said, there really are no positive benefits to drinking with regards to lifting and making gains.

smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ****ty ones.... i stopped drinking for about a month and ppl have been saying that i have become leaner looking

Originally Posted by peteskeys View Post
    I know someone who told me that smoking weed actually helped their gains since they ate a ton whenever they were high. But other than that, not good for your respiratory system, suppresses your immune system which is already taxed enough from lifting hard, etc. As for alcohol, ditto what's already been said, there really are no positive benefits to drinking with regards to lifting and making gains.
    I've heard the same thing about marijuana. Except this person used only THC edibles. The food he chose to eat would literally make him more hungry via munchies. Also, no respiratory problems.

Vaporizers are another alternative that would not cause respiratory problems.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Inagren View Post
    .... and their complete lack of talent is a testament to that fact.
    ~

Originally Posted by peteskeys View Post
    suppresses your immune system
    Smoking weed suppresses the immune system? Links?
    ~

WhiteAfricanSpaceChrist peteskeys's Avatar
    peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I smoke (not cigarettes) and drink....

I disregard any argument that smoking weed directly effects gains... It may make you lazier and hungrier... but for me personally it helps me during a bulk... I even like to toke before the gym, I get way into my workouts and zone out to my music

As far as drinking Im sure it doesnt help and I agree if you're a serious bodybuilder you probably shouldnt drink... but I lift to compliment the fun things in life and have no plan on giving this one up.... I get drunk ~1-2x per week and i'll have a beer and a whiskey on the rocks 2-3x a week before bed... no way to tell, but it doesnt seem to be hurting my gains significantly

It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential - Bruce Lee
    www.kylelouismusic.com

Originally Posted by Dudebuddy View Post
    Weed thins your blood right? Which means less nutrients being transferred to your muscles.
    No, it doesn't.

For some people, it TEMPORARILY causes blood pressure drop and heart rate to rise, but this is only while high.

Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dudebuddy View Post
    Weed thins your blood right? Which means less nutrients being transferred to your muscles.
    I'm pretty sure weed doesn't thin your blood.

Besides, blood thinning would increase nutrient transport... or is my logic flawed?

Originally Posted by me_5 View Post
    weed can make u lazy so you wont even workout and drinking can make your gains reduced
    weed has the opposite effect on some... I love to burn before a workout... just like with supplements, it depends on the individual
    Last edited by Kyle.Lgk; 06-22-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential - Bruce Lee
    www.kylelouismusic.com